Javfly33

One thing that I envy about america (usa)

20 posts in this topic

Their cities might be 'boring' and lack history, but unlike a lot of big cities in europe (and asia even more) that a lot of people live crammed in mouse-trap-like buildings sorrounded by constant cars/traffic, stores, dogs (LoL) (basically all kinds of stress factors, also POLLUTION) ) , when I click in google street view in usa in basically literally any damn street of any city, there´s this abismal space between houses and trees everywhere.

This kind of housing, which seems like its normal in USA, it´s considered very, very high end/luxury to afford in European big cities (I imagine asian cities too).

Things that usa cities have that are a privilege in most part of the world:

1. Space

2. Clean air

3. Lack of noise stress/ pollution

Any other things that usa cities-arquitecture rocks over the rest of the world ?

Never been there but seems like an amazing country. Also it seems its always sunny LOL

Edited by Javfly33

The lack of social interaction and general Social life is sad in the US. You are not expected to know your neighbors or have a social group. If you do they are either your race/nationality or you can afford that kind of "life style". Been living here for 9 years, made friends through work and such but never got nearly tight with them like you'd expect else where. 

space, clean air and less noise are spot on, very nice things to have, but I'd love to see most of the US having people biking, walking along side each other or be more comfortable 'siting outside in the streets' such as how it is in France for instance. 

The big cities are like how I described above, but it's expensive like hell to live in. I wish more cities where like that minus less expensive rent-wise. 

Edited by Happy Lizard

The U.S. also has an incredible amount of conviences that even many European countries don’t have.  I visited France and Italy, and where I visited, you’d be lucky to even find a public restroom you didn’t have to pay for.  Very little variety when it comes to food choices, and if you ever needed to go to the store to pick up something after 7, you’re basically shit out of luck. Everything would be closed, and you were just straight up on your own on Sundays. Almost no stores would be open.  My spoiled ass was so happy to come back to the states where I have access to so much convenience. ?  Thank the Lord for free public restrooms and 24/7 convenience stores.

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

@The Lucid Dreamer  +1 for the lack of public restrooms. The only way to find a public restroom over here is to drive to a gas station, they usually have one, you still have to pay though. Otherwise you are out of luck, lol. It’s really crazy. 

The ability to take a dump should really be a basic human right. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I get the sense there're more spiritual folks too.. here in Canada when you mention the word spirituality people think you're crazy coz they immediately think Christianity/Catholicism, so few people are exposed to spirituality the way we converse about it here.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

When the California wildfires were REALLY bad and peaked in 2020 (and 2021?) some of the smoke went across the entire United States and some places that see no pollution actually started getting smog from all the smoke.  You could see the haze in the air from just looking down the street.

When the smog cleared I was very grateful to be able to breathe such clean air here.  Even better, when you travel out to the country, the air is so damn crisp and pure!  

us is land of the individual for better and for worse, uk is the land of the group, you rise or fall based on which group you're in for better and for worse

freedom or community, choose wisely

You're talking about sub-urbs. Yeah the American sub-urbs are much more spacious than other places in the world. I could see how the fact that the settlers had a lot of space to build on shaped the building practices of today.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 5/2/2022 at 3:12 AM, The Lucid Dreamer said:

The U.S. also has an incredible amount of conviences that even many European countries don’t have.  I visited France and Italy, and where I visited, you’d be lucky to even find a public restroom you didn’t have to pay for.  Very little variety when it comes to food choices, and if you ever needed to go to the store to pick up something after 7, you’re basically shit out of luck. Everything would be closed, and you were just straight up on your own on Sundays. Almost no stores would be open.  My spoiled ass was so happy to come back to the states where I have access to so much convenience. ?  Thank the Lord for free public restrooms and 24/7 convenience stores.

Free públic restrooms? WoW 

21 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Free públic restrooms? WoW 

Yeah, my ignorant American ass had no idea how unusual that is until I left the states. 

1 minute ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Yeah, my ignorant American ass had no idea how unusual that is until I left the states. 

we also have them in europe in my country guys silly argument

but i agree with the spaciousness in the u.s. suburbs, that's pretty cool in some ways if you like a lot of privacy, bad for public transport though

Also, here, they have an amazing return policy. You can return everything you bought within 30 or sometimes 90 days of the purchase. ?

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

lol

you guys should visit finland

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

If you think North American cities are quiet, spacious, and free of pollution, have you got another thing coming lol. Most cities in the US/Canada are depressing, ill-placed, neon-lit slabs of concrete that are an affront the beauty of this Earth. Uncharitable spaces for pedestrians, inefficient roads, completely uninspired architecture. Ugh.

I've driven across this entire continent, and I found most cities are like when you're exploring a hot woman's body for the first time, and you come across an unsightly mole or a scab.

hrhrhtewgfegege

We really are using “free public toilets” as a plus for a country now? Have you guys SEEN the doors on them in the US? Enjoy having some stranger touch themselves to you taking a dump. 

@Javfly33 Pretty much everyone owns a gun in the US. As an european I find that quite disturbing. 

You guys can poop in your public restrooms, i'd rather take the european - pretty much free - healthcare and university system.

Also what's the deal with taxes? you gotta solve complex math problems every year or you go to jail? what?

You get +1 for big supermarkets. I'm talking huge supermarkets in comparison.

Also in america you don't have to pass a yearly test with your car making sure  that your car is road worthy and safe to drive ?? That's nuts. Here in Spain it's mandatory pretty much every year for the average car and every 6 months for older cars. Otherwise say goodbye.

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

8 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Pretty much everyone owns a gun in the US. As an european I find that quite disturbing. 

As toxic as gun culture is in North America, the vast majority of people here don't own guns. It's mostly just a very annoying and vocal minority.

hrhrhtewgfegege

10 hours ago, Lyubov said:

We really are using “free public toilets” as a plus for a country now? 

??