Yoremo

why is this work so confusing?

38 posts in this topic

@Yoremo You needn’t do a deep dive. Have a look and see if it resonates. If not, move onto something else. 

@Yoremo Congrats on the speech! And, let us know how the start to therapy goes. We're with you dude.

Regarding toxic relationships, Dr Ramani is a great starting point. Her Youtube videos online are great.

Regarding life circumstances, I'm not sure what to recommend.

Also, I'd watch Leo video on mindfulness meditation, and do the, 'see, hear, feel' type of meditation. For whatever reason, I feel like we're on a similar wavelength. And see, hear, feel meditation does wonders for me. I think its incredible.

Also, if you happen to have a really vulnerable moment, i.e. suicidal or something, 'see, hear, feel' has been wonderfully useful imo.

One thing with doing meditation whilst having trauma is I would consider doing open-eyed meditation. It may make you feel safe enough for your mind to relax enough for meditation to be useful and a bit easier.

Hope it helps chief

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@Dryas will do, thank you for suggesting that.

@Ulax I will try the see, hear and feel meditation. I have tried it in the past and felt kind of overwhelmed but I will try to just let go and do it to the best of my ability. you seem so nice! And I will let you know how the therapy goes;)

4 hours ago, Yoremo said:

@Space how did you start watching his videos? Like how did you make these videos a part of your life?

I think I need to be more contemplative of his videos and all the other advice I consume. Also I think I need to get rid of trauma and negative beliefs and negative self image and that is something I am working on. Maybe that is enough for me now, to just focus on fixing trauma and just challenging myself? I am also going to begin therapy this week so that might also help

btw. I am not really watching his recent videos, I am watching those older videos. But the last few weeks I haven´t watched anything because I have tried to just journal and contemplate and find some answers fro myself, not just consuming content as I have done now for 8 months or so

I just watched and listened with intense curiosity and an eagerness to learn as much as possible. I also cross referenced what Leo says with dozens and dozens of other teachers.

Don't over think this. No need to be making copious notes or contemplating everything in a rigid way. 

Just watch the videos and listen to what Leo is teaching. Sometimes thats all you need. This isn't just consuming content. You're re-wiring your brain and learning a whole new way of perceiving and understanding reality. It's more than just 'content'. Just absorb the information with an open minded eagerness to learn. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Spaceso you didn´t take notes? How is that good? I´m honestly wondering, wouldn´t it be better if I also took notes or not? Maybe I read it wrong, so yu´re just saying to not be so rigid about the process, just be curious

Because many times I take notes on some book or videos and then not really do anything about it and that can´t possibly be the right way to go, right?

Edited by Yoremo

22 minutes ago, Yoremo said:

@Spaceso you didn´t take notes? How is that good? I´m honestly wondering, wouldn´t it be better if I also took notes or not? Maybe I read it wrong, so yu´re just saying to not be so rigid about the process, just be curious

Because many times I take notes on some book or videos and then not really do anything about it and that can´t possibly be the right way to go, right?

Experiment. Do what works for you. People absorb and manage information differently.

Like I said, don't over think this. At this point you just need to watch the videos for a year or two. 

Only after you have learnt everything can you go through the necessary process of unlearning.

I took some notes very occasionally. If I know i'll need that bit of information at a later date I might make a note. If there are practical steps I might take notes on them. But for the high level stuff, metaphysical stuff, I never take notes. I've taken more notes from things discussed on the forum tbh.

Making notes on videos doesn't really help me. My intention isn't to memorise everything. My mind works much more intuitively and non-linearly. Making notes is too logical and linear for me. It also takes loads of time and effort.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

8 hours ago, Yoremo said:

@AuroraDream I really feel zeeeero pressure. All of the pressure in my life comes from me.

The thing is I am fucking depressed, and my emotional quality is so low that doing anything is really hard, and I have always had a lot of insecurities and beliefs which have been really negative for me.

The reason for this thread is that I am getting overwhelmed by all the things in the self help worlds and the lack of clarity. I don´t commit to anything fully, because when the chips are down I get hopeless and quit more or less. 

these are the things I am wanting to change, the pressure is only from me because I have always felt disgusted by the thought of living a mediocre life because of a lack of mastery. It fully originates from me, the problems for me is my emotions hindering me to do what I want to do and prevents me from seeing a purpose in life and I am trying to resolve this:D 

Might just be me that was a bit unclear in my posts, my brain is in a quite dense mental fog so... And I am NOT out for anything spiritual, I haven´t seen anything of life and the spiritual path will not be my focus for a long time, if ever

I see, glad to know what i shared didn't apply to you. 

Psychedelic therapy helped me tremendously with my depression and moving forward in life. There really isn't anything better that I know of. I know youre not looking for anything spiritual, but psychedelics can really help with depression and emotional "issues" more than anything else. Spirituality to me is just connecting with yourself and finding your own bliss, which is completely unique to you, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

You wouldn't even have to do therapy with them, just do some micro dosing or take a dose that feels right, comfortable, and isn't pushing yourself, then contemplate whatever is bothering you and that you want to change. 

I 100% hear what you're saying. Thanks for posting, this was actually a great read for me.

There is no "work", and what the gurus talk about is not at all complicated. It's reeeaaallly simple. It's the philosophy and the metaphysics and the mental noise that makes things seem complicated.

Love God and do what you wish.

What do you really want? What life do you want to live? How do you want to feel?

Feeling is the language of the soul.

Feeling good and living awesomely is all about listening to how you feel. And make no mistake, feeling good and awesome is all we ever want.

Every time you catch yourself in mental noise and feeling stuck or down, come back to sensing, feeling, hearing, seeing. You don't need to believe / follow any thought that make you feel miserable. Any thought can be 'cut short' and returned to the peace and silence of this moment, life, direct experience.

Here are some things that have worked really well for me. I really encourage you to try them:

Daily morning meditation. Meditate for at least 15 minutes right after you wake up, before breakfast, screen, or coffee. Simple breathing meditation is enough. Breathing is enough. Nothing complicated here. There is no mystical experiences, no enlightenment, no ego, no god-realization. Just relaxing and breathing.

If morning meditation is too uncomfortable, listening to your favourite music is a great addition to mornings too.

Dreamboard. Get one on your wall. If you don't know what a dreamboard is, ask @Nahm .

Crystals. I hope this isn't too woo for you. I don't know anything about spiritual energies and stuff like that, but I've found wearing a crystal around my neck is great for feeling and living better. I don't know how, but it works. If you're interested in this, I would google shops that sell them, scroll through the page and look at the pictures of the stones. Keep sensing and feeling, and see if you like any of the stones, if you find any of them beautiful, if you feel like they 'call you'.

Then, just go about your daily life with the stone around your neck. It is good to every now and then relax and bring to mind what you want in your life. Write those things on a piece of paper and place the crystal on top of the paper for a moment. I've found that placing the crystal on top if the Cho Ku Rei - reiki symbol works too in 'charging', or setting intention and creating a relationship with the stone.

These are all very simple, yet powerful tools for your awesome life. Each help you 'plunge' toward life, rather than holding on to the depressing and heavy mental noise.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@roopepa thank you for that answer! This resonated very good with me, definitely going to reread this when I am not this tired, thank you!

@Nahm I´ve tried doing that but I just don´t seem to get very inspired by it, like I am still trying to do it again and again but maybe I´m just doing it wrong?

@Yoremo

Trying to get inspired is adding something there. 

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Yoremo

Make a dreamboard. The universe will be what you write. 

It’s that simple. Enjoy it. 

Just write that on the board, and let trying & thinking about it go. Just have fun. Do what you enjoy. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm adding it to the dreamboard? So it really doesn´t matter how I am doing it, should I just do it intuitively?

If you are able to see therapy, then I would try that. I have seen therapy for years for GAD, and it has helped.

I also face what you face, like confusion, hazy consciousness, anxieties and doubts. and I face it by trying become conscious of it: and there is no right way to do this.

I could become more conscious by taking a walk and thinking, listening to music, writing poetry, speaking to a friend, meditating, journaling, or reading a book.

Simply speaking, the point is to take action on what you already know is best or what you think is best, and continue to reflect every once in a while.

@Dryas do you have any recommendation on source for spiral dynamics?

4 minutes ago, Yoremo said:

@Dryas do you have any recommendation on source for spiral dynamics?

I mostly know about it through Leo's videos.

is it worth it to go through them? What did they give you? @Dryas