Thestarguitarist14

Sophia Bush calls out Joe Rogan for saying the N word

178 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

a difficulty with this thread and subject matter for all of us is to see admit in the ways we are a devil. It's the last thing anyone wants to admit. Especially white people because the definition of 'Racism' is tied to white peoples identity and heritage. Imagine, have the heritage of a devil? Who wants to fully face and admit that?

the guy is just attacking, guilt tripping, shaming etc. people

thinking he's always right because he's the "victim"

don't fall for it, it's bs

also i'll admit my devilries but not to a narcissistic bs'er

at least have decency

i do understand that it's coming from pain, so i don't hate him or anything, it's fine

but i'll not accept it and not talk back

Edited by PurpleTree

@PurpleTree I understand. I've addressed the name calling throughout the entire thread everyone was engaging in. People were triggered.  Also, Purp, let's not play "Their not the victim... I am" We aren't playing that game there. Stand up for yourself if it feels right. We are human and react. Like, if someone yells at me in person it's very hard for me not to yell back because I become triggered.

/// Besides the point Here is Joe

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/feb/05/joe-rogan-apologises-for-using-n-word-and-racist-planet-of-the-apes-story

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

9 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@PurpleTreeWe are human and react. Like, if someone yells at me in person it's very hard for me not to yell back because I become triggered.

that's why i jumped into the discussion in the first place, i was triggered by him calling everybody names and reacted

i have no problem with his opening post, i also don't have a problem with him asking leo about the n word.

that's ok if he was shocked when he heard it and wanted to hear leo's thoughts.

Edited by PurpleTree

◭"89"

13 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@vladorion Racist remarks are not harsh truths. Harsh truths is to admit that one judges their own race unfairly.

You should probably read the message I quoted to understand why I said that.

That is exactly the way he excuses his misogyny.

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Yes. They are there. But, a leader has to also know how to get people to follow. A leader will have many haters, and deal with many fools. But, a leader knows that by standing strong in their principles and purpose they will teach others, change hearts and minds and gain followers. A Leader will make a better place for everyone in the long run.

At the end of the day this forum was is clearly a distraction for a lot of privileged white wannabe yuppies who can’t get laid.  They don’t understand nor do they care about black people.

Edited by Thestarguitarist14

1 minute ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

At the end of the day this forum was is clearly a distraction for a lot of privileged white wannabe yuppies who can’t get laid.  They don’t understand nor do they care about black people.

well there you have it @Thought Art

2 minutes ago, ChiLongQua said:

well there you have it @Thought Art

Dude, go cry a River somewhere else.  I have seen your racist and closed minded comments.  Just because you may not be white doesn’t mean you don’t play into the game of white supremacy.

If you have a problem with me why don’t you pm me instead of replying to others with my posts like the little keyboard warrior.

Dude, go cry a River somewhere else.  I have seen your racist and closed minded comments.  Just because you may not be white doesn’t mean you don’t play into the game of white supremacy.

If you have a problem with me why don’t you pm me instead of replying to others with my posts like the little keyboard warrior.

you think racism against asians is ok when a black guy does it?

Just now, ChiLongQua said:

you think racism against asians is ok when a black guy does it?

Shall we talk about how racist China is towards black people?  

Shall we talk about how racist China is towards black people?  

so you support racism against asians then?

Stuff like this is exactly why I'm against becoming a public figure. Cancel culture puts you and your past under a freaking microscope. Celebrities are just slaves with money.

8 minutes ago, ChiLongQua said:

so you support racism against asians then?

False equivalency and what aboutism.

7 minutes ago, Einsteinonacid said:

Stuff like this is exactly why I'm against becoming a public figure. Cancel culture puts you and your past under a freaking microscope. Celebrities are just slaves with money.

True.  Joe also knows the game.  He’s been in Hollywood since the early 90s.

Just now, Thestarguitarist14 said:

False equivalency and what aboutism.

you're just dodging to hide your racism

16 minutes ago, ChiLongQua said:

you're just dodging to hide your racism

LOL right.  Never mind that I love the Japanese culture, have studied the Japanese language, want fo go, have dated Japanese, South Korean and even Chinese women, have Asian friends, have called out friends who have said racist shit about Asians, and I will probably have children with a Southeast Asian woman one day.

But yeah, I am trying to hide my racism.  I don’t have to constantly say that I am not a racist because any reasonable person knows that black people cannot be racist because we have no power.

Edited by Thestarguitarist14

40 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Forget about the forum. People on the forum are like people all over the internet.

Also, there’s a wide variety of people here. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Alright that's enough of this shit. If you want to fight for equality and racial justice that's completely great, but you need to do it in a way that brings more interesting topics that spark better discussion.

All that's happened in this thread is you've gaslighted and accused anyone who slightly disagrees with you as racist, which immediately heats up the room and makes people want to troll you, which is what has happened here. I've seen close to zero productive engagement from anybody in this thread.

What Joe Rogan said 9 years ago or whatever is bad, but it doesn't really matter anymore. This forum is of better use than to talk about cancel culture. If you want to hold him to account go on twitter or some other platform.

I'm not going to hand out points to anyone, but I advise everyone to be a lot more careful and nuanced if you're going to talk about this topic.

hrhrhtewgfegege