Thestarguitarist14

Sophia Bush calls out Joe Rogan for saying the N word

178 posts in this topic

@Thestarguitarist14  Lol ok we will see about that. Do you let your sisters read what you write here? I was also speaking hypothetically, not mentioning anything specific you did.

11 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Thought Art  I suppose you have less context about this thread not having read through it many times, its fine. I think maybe you understand better now? I dont want to create a space where white people cannot speak, but at the same time, maybe they should in general listen more and let the people of colour speak more and teach their perspectives.

Yeah in an ideal world white people would listen. But, people are immature, defensive and selfish. I am kind of blown away by some of the responses people provided. I'll take more time to read everything. To gain more context.

When I first came in I think I just saw everyone including the OP name calling in this and other threads and thought... "This doesn't add up to me.. how can we ask for respect, but attack others?" But, I see thats not the case and we are far down the line and that the OP is actually pretty nuanced in their opinion. OP was getting ridiculous immature pushback.

Let's cultivate a space for people to grow and mature. It's going to be emotionally difficult. Embrace that instead of blocking and demonizing one another.

A major part of spiritual development is recognizing our own biases and seeing things from other peoples perspectives. We can't do that if we cling to our opinions and fight others. 

I don't live in the US but I to follow this stuff closely and I am always learning... It's really complex. I have much to learn.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

11 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

I am not a misogynist.

I say harsh truths about women and don’t sugarcoat like most guys which is why I get called a misogynist.  I have three younger sisters, no way I could ever be a misogynist lol.  

If anything, I do not like modern women because of how they treat mean.  But that is just a preference.

And I thought that I was your favorite ?

It's like saying "I am not racist I have black friends"

We can have people who we love in certain categories like friends, sisters, family etc but still have beliefs that are toxic.... know what I mean?

This is why this work is so fucking hard. We all have our mess, but do we see it?

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

But, I see thats not the case and we are far down the line and that the OP is actually pretty nuanced in their opinion. OP was getting ridiculous immature pushback.

that's ridiculous. how is he nuanced when he attacked like 60% of the forum you included.

and he's "protected" by bajapuskas because he likes it when people talk more about "racism"

I am not sure if this guy actually cares abut racism more than ridicule

12 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

I am not a misogynist.

I say harsh truths about women and don’t sugarcoat like most guys which is why I get called a misogynist.  I have three younger sisters, no way I could ever be a misogynist lol.  

If anything, I do not like modern women because of how they treat mean.  But that is just a preference.

And I thought that I was your favorite ?

I'm not racist. I just say harsh truths about black people and don't sugarcoat like most people. I have black friends, no way could I ever be racist.

@ChiLongQua @PurpleTree

This is important feedback for our leader here. How can we lead and teach others when they feel attacked by us no matter how right we are.

Like the guy who tried to convince doctors to wash their hands. He yelled, attacked and upset the doctors who refused to wash their hands and sick people died because of it for years.

I say he is nuanced when you see him before he got rightfully triggered. 

There is no room for racism here guys. But, I get that people are coming from all angles and experiences. You are speaking to yourself here the on forum. We are all one being. Let's work on respecting our differences. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Maybe it is time to think again what racism is. Let's say you are a businessmen in the world and you try to find a patterns about  which custormers should receive more attention in order to make money. Is that a racist approach? Or at which point does it become problematic?

4 minutes ago, Epikur said:

Maybe it is time to think again what racism is. Let's say you are a businessmen in the world and you try to find a patterns about  which custormers should receive more attention in order to make money. Is that a racist approach? Or at which point does it become problematic?

This is probably a complicated issue where not everyone would agree. Segmentation is a natural part of marketing. Marketers naturally target their ideal clients using all the aspects that make them them and their race may be a part of that. 

Quote from this article I thought was insightful: https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/article-695487

In late 2020, the ADL changed its definition of racism to be “the marginalization and/or oppression of people of color based on a socially constructed racial hierarchy that privileges white people.”

It also added that systemic racism is a “combination of systems, institutions and factors that advantage white people and for people of color, cause widespread harm and disadvantages in access and opportunity.”

Seems a lot of people define racism as white peoples oppression of people of colour.

Ethnocentrism is more general I think and can be applied to anyone.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

On 2/4/2022 at 8:49 PM, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Reparations for being enslaved for years would be a start.  

lol,if ur logic is applied then, whites would have to pay reparations to all native americans, british would have to pay back all the resources they funneled from its' colonies. 

grow up bro!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

3 minutes ago, ChiLongQua said:

@Thought Art You don't understand.

Some people scream for the sake of screaming at someone and the reason is a disguise.

Honestly, I don't know because I am just looking at text on a screen. I don't actually know any of you.

@happyhappy Ah, be mindful here. There is talk for reparations being made as a lot of wrong was done to these people. Don't tell others to grow up. Especially in these contexts of massive systemic oppression this isn't an issue where people should just "grow up" and move on. There is still justice that has yet to happen. We need to be open to this discussion without putting others down.

◭"89"

Alright, I am done with this thread.  Racism can be fixed, but you can’t fix stupid.  And stupid is forever.

Why don’t you guys hop on to the dating and sexuality section and complain about your lack of a sex life.

@happyhappy why is that so ridiculous?

@vladorion your warning probably will not be taken down at this rate. I have already taken one down because I had a genuine conversation with a member.

@Thestarguitarist14 You can fix stupid. It's called leadership and educating others.

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

You got to have people willing to follow first.

Yes. They are there. But, a leader has to also know how to get people to follow. A leader will have many haters, and deal with many fools. But, a leader knows that by standing strong in their principles and purpose they will teach others, change hearts and minds and gain followers. A Leader will make a better place for everyone in the long run.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@vladorion your warning probably will not be taken down at this rate. I have already taken one down because I had a genuine conversation with a member.

And what exactly is wrong with my point?

a difficulty with this thread and subject matter for all of us is to see admit in the ways we are a devil. It's the last thing anyone wants to admit. Especially white people because the definition of 'Racism' is tied to white peoples identity and heritage. Imagine, have the heritage of a devil? Who wants to fully face and admit that?

◭"89"