Thestarguitarist14

Sophia Bush calls out Joe Rogan for saying the N word

178 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

LOL, no surprise.  Women tend to not be into racist losers who can’t get laid.

@bejapuskas Are you sure? Seems like a lot of putting others down going around here. Seems uncalled for.

Everyone just seems scared, angry, upset and defensive from both lines

This is a personal development forum so, it shouldn't be a surprise that imperfect people struggling to understand things and grow are here.

The whole world is incredibly imperfect. Welcome to earth 2022.

"These people here only understand their left hand and lube."

Why? Why are we putting other people down? What does this have to do with Joe Rogan, or defending human rights? How can we ask for respect from others and not share in respecting others? We all have to come together eventually. 

Everyone is scared, wants to be right, to feel respected, to feel loved and safe in their communities. Lets create a safe community here on the forum.

People need to be listened to. Remember, if we are attacking one another we are contributing to a toxic culture here. Let's avoid that.

I love you folks. See you on the other side.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

17 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

two things

does the entire world for example treat Russian, Ukrainian etc. street kids in their respective countries  "as if they were under special protection" ?

does the entire world care about white drug addicts or whatever?

hugely ignorant statement imo and shouldn't be mod worthy

also the op imo didn't come to learn and have a discussion or whatever he mostly came to attack, lash out and blame imo

but it's fine, it's whatever agree to disagree, i'll move on and stop discussing this "issue" on this forum

Your level of white supremacy is astounding.  I’d say that I feel bad for any woman who would ever date you, but women don’t like racists keyboard warriors.

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@bejapuskas Are you sure? Seems like a lot of putting others down going around here. Seems uncalled for.

Everyone just seems scared, angry, upset and defensive from both lines

This is a personal development forum so, it shouldn't be a surprise that imperfect people struggling to understand things and grow are here.

The whole world is incredibly imperfect. Welcome to earth 2022.

"These people here only understand their left hand and lube."

Why?

Nice try rationalizing your racism.

Give it up.  We all see you guys for what you are.  And I stand by what I said.  If you feel some kind of way about it then check yourself.

@Thestarguitarist14  Please stop with the personal attacks, just ignore the people and report them. Verbal attacks do receive warnings, including your personal attacks. I understand sometimes one gets triggered if somebody is racist, but please do not overdo it, or you will be banned.

Also, I was the only mod who gave warnings on this thread. Perhaps I made some mistakes and treated certain cases too harshly, but still, even mods do not consider racism warning worthy, but instead as just something that one agrees with or does not agree with. 

How do we create a space where black people do not feel singled out, as in they can see that racism is dealt with and taken seriously, while also educating ignorant people? I don't know if talking things through is an adequate trigger for somebody to change, I am willing to take warnings down if somebody seriously improves, as in they acknowledge that this forum is racist and transphobic and misogynistic etc., because I understand that ignorance is kind of innocent. But bad things can be done and damage can be caused even if one is ignorant. How do we deal with this then, any suggestions? So far, I don't think racism gets enough attention here.

^^ @bejapuskas can you give the guy warning points for calling me a white supremacist like 20 times?

thanks pal

Edited by PurpleTree

1 minute ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Nice try rationalizing your racism.

Give it up.  We all see you guys for what you are.  And I stand by what I said.  If you feel some kind of way about it then check yourself.

It's okay if you want to insult me. I know who I am. I know I love everyone. Don't need it to be reflected back at me.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@PurpleTree  He has a lot of warning points, trust me, I have my eyes on him. But I wanted to be more tolerant, because he got such a push back from everyone after bringing up racism. That is enough to ruin a person's day, I don't necessarily wanna give warnings for that.

18 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Thestarguitarist14  

How do we create a space where black people do not feel singled out, as in they can see that racism is dealt with and taken seriously, while also educating ignorant people? I don't know if talking things through is an adequate trigger for somebody to change, I am willing to take warnings down if somebody seriously improves, as in they acknowledge that this forum is racist and transphobic and misogynistic etc., because I understand that ignorance is kind of innocent. But bad things can be done and damage can be caused even if one is ignorant. How do we deal with this then, any suggestions? So far, I don't think racism gets enough attention here.

It's a tough call. People need to be given the right to be heard, to educate others. But, there needs to be a recognition of respect and intent. I can't tell the intent of the OP or others on the thread. Everyone seems to be fighting with everyone else. I'd rather see some real discussion, learning, sharing, acknowledging, apologizing, etc... But, just like everyone on the internet people wanna fight, name call etc because its all we know how to do right now. That is fine. We are scared, defensive and hurt. We are a family, so we can work through this I think.

Signs that things are not going well on a thread for me are:

1. Name Calling

2. Putting other people down for their inadequacies

3. Personal Attacks

4. People making wide sweeping statements about other groups of people based on aspects of their being they can't change

5. People not listening to one another

6. Anger, hatred, fear, jealousy.

7. Attacking and overgeneralizing everyone on the forum ( not recognizing and respecting the complexity and diversity of those who come here)

8. Wanting to hold other people accountable for your perceived hatred in them, but not noticing in yourself.

I feel scared even posting anything on this thread. But, Racism, ethnocentricity are important issues here and we need to cultivate a space for these voices to be heard.  

But it doesn't work if we treat our threads like war zones.  Nobody likes being called names, not being heard, being attacked, etc.. People will naturally defend themselves. Doesn't mean they hate you, just means they are human and rightfully defending themselves.

When we are in a low vibrational state (anger, fear, hatred, distrust) we project it and see it in everything and everyone. 

EVERYONE on this thread. Let's work things out. Not spread more fear and hatred. 

I refuse to pick a side in this though because everyone. EVERYONE. Needs to have these conversations if we are going to cultivate safe communities. 

Let's spread love. Intelligently.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I think the notion of a warning is kind of inflated. This is just a self-development forum, if you get a warning, not a big deal. People regularly get their warning points taken back. I am willing to discuss stuff with you and explain.

16 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@PurpleTree  He has a lot of warning points, trust me, I have my eyes on him. But I wanted to be more tolerant, because he got such a push back from everyone after bringing up racism. That is enough to ruin a person's day, I don't necessarily wanna give warnings for that.

It's obvious to anyone with a heart that Joe Rogan shouldn't be using that word. I am interested in learning more about other peoples perspectives.

I want to calm down the warzone.

People need to hear the OP. 

Let's cut out the name calling and attacking.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I honestly don't think it was just that he brought up racism that he got the pushback, but the attacking, name calling, putting others down, not trying to get to know others just straight up attacking peoples character. Like he did to me right away. Which, I get it. He is scared and upset. But, he doesn't know us... 

It makes an unsafe place when people attack the OP, and when the OP attacks others. This isn't why I come here.

It's obvious to anyone with a heart that Joe Rogan shouldn't be using that word. I am interested in learning more about other peoples perspectives.

I want to calm down the warzone.

Oh go somewhere else with this crap.

You guys spit racist b.s and expect me, a black man to not fight?  Have you lived under a rock since 2020?  Racial tensions are high and most black people are in code.  Any self respecting black man would have reacted in the same way to racist remarks like the ones in this thread.

What you got is a dose of reality.  Too many people are well aware of white supremacy and black people will not back down.  People like you do not scare me.

@Thought Art  I found his initial post to not be purely critical. He mentioned both good and bad sides of Joe etc. I also like Joe, but he is like doing some problematic things, like misinforming people about a lot of things. 

I am happy we can calm down, but others are different from you. Others said things such as "I say the n-word many times every day, cancel me" or "Yes I am seriously racist" etc. I did the mistake of giving warnings even to people who deserved them less, I will learn from that. (They still got less points, even zero points) 

If everyone was like you and this thread did not start with people neglecting racism and saying it is not a worthwhile issue to try and solve, this thread would not go to shit.

I had a black guy in my team who was racist towards asians once

he even used the n word

Edited by ChiLongQua

1 minute ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

You guys spit racist b.s and expect me, a black man to not fight?  Have you lived under a rock since 2020?  Racial tensions are high and most black people are in code.  Any self respecting black man would have reacted in the same way to racist remarks like the ones in this thread.

What you got is a dose of reality.  Too many people are well aware of white supremacy and black people will not back down.  People like you do not scare me.

I understand why you would react that way, I am not gonna give you a warning for what has happened on this thread. But you are aware that I would give you a warning for misogyny etc, right? Do you feel like I am having you as my favorite as a mod here? 

Maybe we can try using tones in this thread, like I did not mean the above message to be aggressive tone.

4 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Thought Art  I found his initial post to not be purely critical. He mentioned both good and bad sides of Joe etc. I also like Joe, but he is like doing some problematic things, like misinforming people about a lot of things. 

I am happy we can calm down, but others are different from you. Others said things such as "I say the n-word many times every day, cancel me" or "Yes I am seriously racist" etc. I did the mistake of giving warnings even to people who deserved them less, I will learn from that. (They still got less points, even zero points) 

If everyone was like you and this thread did not start with people neglecting racism and saying it is not a worthwhile issue to try and solve, this thread would not go to shit.

Yes. There is no room for racism here or anywhere else. I expect better from this forum as I see it as a place to spread and cultivate universal love. 

I didn't read thoroughly through all the threads I just saw everyone name calling everyone else. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

It's embarrassing that people are getting points for racism on this thread. Mods need to grow up

7 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

I understand. I need to review the thread in more detail. There is no room for racism on this form.

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

It's embarrassing that people are getting points for racism on this thread. Mods need to grow up

No, you should get points for saying racist things... you can't spread hate here. You make a racist post you should be banned or warned.

◭"89"

@Thought Art  I suppose you have less context about this thread not having read through it many times, its fine. I think maybe you understand better now? I dont want to create a space where white people cannot speak, but at the same time, maybe they should in general listen more and let the people of colour speak more and teach their perspectives.

@Raptorsin7 Just me, others did not issue warning.

4 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

I understand why you would react that way, I am not gonna give you a warning for what has happened on this thread. But you are aware that I would give you a warning for misogyny etc, right? Do you feel like I am having you as my favorite as a mod here? 

Maybe we can try using tones in this thread, like I did not mean the above message to be aggressive tone.

I am not a misogynist.

I say harsh truths about women and don’t sugarcoat like most guys which is why I get called a misogynist.  I have three younger sisters, no way I could ever be a misogynist lol.  

If anything, I do not like modern women because of how they treat mean.  But that is just a preference.

And I thought that I was your favorite ?

@bejapuskas I see that now. You can do what you want, it's not my forum, and I'm not a mod. 

I probably shouldn't of commented anything, this entire thread is ridiculous imo