blessedlion1993

Stop Running Circles

2 posts in this topic

After 5 years of personal development i have come to the conclusion that it is a balancing act.

I'm all about habits and getting better, but if there isn't time for integration and slow growth, you will just backslide. Many want to 10X their personal development and have rapid transformation, but i've learned this work has it's own natural maturation phase that you cannot rush or plow through. 

It's actually quite beautifully designed and nice when you can just relax into your own progress without needing to push it or read so many books. Just do like 1-2 hours a day of meditation , reading , courses, whatever and you're set, it's almost impossible to not grow and develop.

The key is consistency, vision and becoming keenly aware of what goes into your mind, other people, media , etc. Be like the fucking white house with what enters your mind, maximum security , only the highest quality of books, teachings, friends, even music! 

It all comes down to lifestlye and mindset

I found myself watching these psychology videos and i realized how so many people who study this stuff like triggers, psychology, childhood trauma, many of them really get nowhere in their progress because there isn't love. All these things, pick-up, healing, psychology, improvement, they just point to a lack of authenticity and love, simplified that's all it is. 

Well put. I totally agree. It's a marathon, not a sprint. 

Had a similar appreciation for the path recently. There's beauty in the unpredictability of it all, and no matter how slow or unpredictable it sometimes feels, you still progress a lot. Non-linear results all over the place... But as long as I keep going, I know I'll be fine.

I really enjoy the process in the meantime. The frantic mood from the beginning is mostly gone and relaxation has taken over. It's like Adyashanti said, "Always being, always becoming"