Who Knows

Politics

16 posts in this topic

I have been wondering whether my apathy toward modern politics, developed out of the absurdly dogmatic shape of it, is any more than just another dogma. Is it justified? Might there be a definitive developed, actualised political outlook?

Of course there can be healthy society. Society based on values like: consciousness, openmindedness, tolerance, love, community, benevolence, education, freedom, equality, sustainability, truth, peace, spirituality, and holism.

When you experience a community that really embodies these values, it's an amazing thing. It's nothing like modern 1st world countries.

Most people simply don't know what healthy society is, because they've never experienced it, and don't even have an idea that it's possible and that it has been executed on small scales.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Wormon Blatburm To an abusive, alcoholic family a healthy loving family sounds like Utopia.

To a 3rd world country, a 1st world country sounds like Utopia.

To a neurotic person, an enlightened person sounds like Utopia.

Just go read some of the comments people leave under my 40 Signs That You Are Neurotic video.

They say things like: "According to your description, Leo, me and all my friends are neurotic, and everyone is neurotic."

No, not everyone. Everything in your bubble != everything.

Be careful judging what's possible based on what you've presently got. That turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I think an actualized political outlook will be when all human race is awakened and no politics will be needed.

:)

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse Don't be so sure about that. If the whole world would awaken today, tomorrow we would have nuclear Armageddon from all the Zen devils fighting over who's farts smell more like daffodils.

Psychological and spiritual development, even though they can be complementary, function in two different levels.. Is what Wilber calls Waking Up (enlightenment) and Growing Up (personal development and specifically Graves Model).

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

19 hours ago, sadlabounty said:

I have been wondering whether my apathy toward modern politics, developed out of the absurdly dogmatic shape of it, is any more than just another dogma. Is it justified? Might there be a definitive developed, actualised political outlook?

We have to pretend to believe in the same things other people do. Their sense of reality is limited so they believe they have to do all that stuff to survive. A good political outlook would have less competition. 

Edited by Deep
Changed answer

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

On 1/11/2017 at 1:49 PM, Leo Gura said:

Most people simply don't know what healthy society is, because they've never experienced it, and don't even have an idea that it's possible and that it has been executed on small scales.

Next is Actualized.org commune yes?! I have access to 30 acres in the woods in Arkansas. :D

nothing is anything

11 hours ago, sadlabounty said:

Sure, but the process of evolution - by our definitions - is unconscious, intolerant, unloving, unegalitarian, unpeaceful and nihilistic, so either life is inherently bad or the relevance of suffering to an individual is entirely illusory; in which case healthy vs unhealthy is an arbitrary distinction. 

...Therefore all that's left is a denouncement of life, as far as I can see.

No, just the opposite.

Evolution is highly conscious and loving. Life is inherently awesome. The problem is that this cannot be seen from the egoic perspective. You MUST grasp what life is at the level of Absolute, which is beyond anything possible to imagine as a self.

I think London, where I live right now, ticks most those boxes. 

Still neurotic people all around, but I can say life is doing a pretty good job over here.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@abrakamowse Don't be so sure about that. If the whole world would awaken today, tomorrow we would have nuclear Armageddon from all the Zen devils fighting over who's farts smell more like daffodils.

Lol... I thought that if people were enlightened they would see the stupidity of doing wars and fights, etc... and that if we are all one, why fight and wars? I saw your video about Zen devils, but I still like don't get it. If they see through the illusion, why would they fight?

But maybe I am off-topic with that comment.

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

10 hours ago, eskwire said:

Next is Actualized.org commune yes?! I have access to 30 acres in the woods in Arkansas. :D

@eskwire Sounds to me like a great idea haha!

3 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I saw your video about Zen devils, but I still like don't get it. If they see through the illusion, why would they fight?

The illusion is far far deeper than anyone imagines.

It's an illusion inside an illusion inside an illusion inside an illusion.

As soon as you think you're out of the illusion, you're right back in it at a deeper level.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The illusion is far far deeper than anyone imagines.

It's an illusion inside an illusion inside an illusion inside an illusion.

As soon as you think you're out of the illusion, you're right back in it at a deeper level.

Ok, thanks Leo... that's good to know.

:-)

We "think" reality is bad and we get judgmental about life. But it is not like that, nothing is good or bad, reality has to have no quality, it has to be what is. We are the ones that judge and "think" about what is reality, etc... we cannot see if we are not open to leave our thoughts aside, to perceive reality without judgment.

Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged.