at_anchor

I feel like a cheater for wanting to go to church

21 posts in this topic

I like the look of the church and the formal culture in it. It is sad that they don't make libraries and museums like this. I wanted to go to church as part of my personal development Stage Blue. It would be fun. But I was afraid they will kick me out or gossip how I don't really believe in God, angels, hell, heaven, afterlife, and the judgement day that will punish the bad and save the good, etc. No, I don't believe God is a super powerful man. Plus, I'm not straight, but neither are they, so that shouldn't be a problem. The solution is to build beautiful schools and libraries. But yeah, all religious institutions have that abuse of power problem. But just think how much worse the medical system can be that can label an innocent child worse than a sinful person who does not believe in God as some man who is omnipotent and omniscient and who will be a judge in the afterlife or for being gay, and by labeling the kid like worse than that, you destroy his dignity, value and his deams in life, his potential, you make him even more a victim and wound him even more, the abusers can continue to do injustices, while also opening a big security threat for everyone who some day comes and does not like the guy and has something to gain from his defeat or envies him or whatever. Well, that was my experience. While going to some monestery on a mountain, that was the best day I had in my life. It was amazing. The roses, trees, gardens, images and architecture. Beautiful and amazing. People sitting together to eat and priests giving advice to everyone individually afterwards.

Family institutions can also be bad and corruption exists on every level. Look at the British royalty. Not Kate.

Now about religion. There is no Hindu or Buddhist church here.

I wish libraries were so beautiful and formal and nice and ordered and peaceful. 

Edited by at_anchor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the prophet Muhammad was once have been to have said that the whole Earth was mosque.


أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

*This account is no longer active as the user has decided to leave the forum*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now i am awake religion and church have a ton to offer me ... the sublime sacred savoring of the transcendental as one family ... that is church

the people are not important

the eucharist, the communion, the choir... all impossible to be replicated secularly

contemplate this statement:

this here is my body

in a nutshell enlightenment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christian doesn't believe God as one super powerful man. Christians believe in a triune God: God the father, God the son (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Spirit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, at_anchor said:

I like the look of the church and the formal culture in it. It is sad that they don't make libraries and museums like this. I wanted to go to church as part of my personal development Stage Blue. It would be fun. But I was afraid they will kick me out or gossip how I don't really believe in God, angels, hell, heaven, afterlife, and the judgement day that will punish the bad and save the good, etc. No, I don't believe God is a super powerful man. Plus, I'm not straight, but neither are they, so that shouldn't be a problem. The solution is to build beautiful schools and libraries. But yeah, all religious institutions have that abuse of power problem. But just think how much worse the medical system can be that can label an innocent child worse than a sinful person who does not believe in God as some man who is omnipotent and omniscient and who will be a judge in the afterlife or for being gay, and by labeling the kid like worse than that, you destroy his dignity, value and his deams in life, his potential, you make him even more a victim and wound him even more, the abusers can continue to do injustices, while also opening a big security threat for everyone who some day comes and does not like the guy and has something to gain from his defeat or envies him or whatever. Well, that was my experience. While going to some monestery on a mountain, that was the best day I had in my life. It was amazing. The roses, trees, gardens, images and architecture. Beautiful and amazing. People sitting together to eat and priests giving advice to everyone individually afterwards.

Family institutions can also be bad and corruption exists on every level. Look at the British royalty. Not Kate.

Now about religion. There is no Hindu or Buddhist church here.

I wish libraries were so beautiful and formal and nice and ordered and peaceful. 

Who’s cheating?

Who’s cheated?

Where’s the difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, hyruga said:

Christians believe in a triune God: God the father, God the son (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Spirit.

Who is the father? I can believe in the Holy Spirit and Jesus, but not in the judgement day and  the judgemental father. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE for him to exist.

I believed in the father in the past and in praying to him, but I went to church just once a year.

18 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Nothing wrong with enjoying a church

?? that's it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hi. I understand how you feel. there were few believers in my surrounding. It may seem silly, but I was afraid to visit the church. Although I need it. I have never been an atheist and was a believer at heart. I turned to my distant relative with this problem. He taught me a lot about religion. Then I started to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus. I realized that God’s power is almost everywhere. He doesn’t leave me when I am not at church. However, it is his home and serves as our means.

Edited by Gartons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to church really high on MDMA it was a good experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@at_anchor

On 2/2/2022 at 11:29 AM, at_anchor said:

I like the look of the church and the formal culture in it. It is sad that they don't make libraries and museums like this. I wanted to go to church as part of my personal development Stage Blue. It would be fun. But I was afraid they will kick me out or gossip how I don't really believe in God, angels, hell, heaven, afterlife, and the judgement day that will punish the bad and save the good, etc. No, I don't believe God is a super powerful man. Plus, I'm not straight, but neither are they, so that shouldn't be a problem. The solution is to build beautiful schools and libraries. But yeah, all religious institutions have that abuse of power problem. But just think how much worse the medical system can be that can label an innocent child worse than a sinful person who does not believe in God as some man who is omnipotent and omniscient and who will be a judge in the afterlife or for being gay, and by labeling the kid like worse than that, you destroy his dignity, value and his deams in life, his potential, you make him even more a victim and wound him even more, the abusers can continue to do injustices, while also opening a big security threat for everyone who some day comes and does not like the guy and has something to gain from his defeat or envies him or whatever. Well, that was my experience. While going to some monestery on a mountain, that was the best day I had in my life. It was amazing. The roses, trees, gardens, images and architecture. Beautiful and amazing. People sitting together to eat and priests giving advice to everyone individually afterwards.

Family institutions can also be bad and corruption exists on every level. Look at the British royalty. Not Kate.

Now about religion. There is no Hindu or Buddhist church here.

I wish libraries were so beautiful and formal and nice and ordered and peaceful. 

   So what exactly is your problem? Integrating stage blue fully or something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2-2-2022 at 4:05 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Even the prophet Muhammad was once have been to have said that the whole Earth was mosque.

The world is a McDonalds restaurant. 


RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/02/2022 at 11:41 AM, at_anchor said:

 

Who is the father? I can believe in the Holy Spirit and Jesus, but not in the judgement day and  the judgemental father. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE for him to exist.

I believed in the father in the past and in praying to him, but I went to church just once a year.

?? that's it

The father is your subsoncsious. It is not some man up in the sky. All the stories in the Bible are misunderstood. We take them literally and fail to understand how they were meant to be read.

Neville Goddard has a splendid short book explaining what the Bible is really teaching. I urge you to check it out.

Search for Neville Goddard - 5 lessons

There are pdfs all over the internet.

 

This is how it starts:

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 10.01.19.jpg

 

I just want to run around telling everyone how to understand the Bible, but the few ones I did try to show, they laughed at me.

You have all of the secrets for how to have a life you always dreamed of in the freaking Bible!, but no one really knows this.

The Bible is just an instruction manual on how to manifest your desired reality.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most historians agree that Jesus Christ was most likely a real person, not just a made up mythical allegory. Of course, it's not proven that Jesus really performed those miracles or that he rose from the dead and we don't know for sure how much of the story is fact and how much is fiction. But the story of Jesus was not purely allegorical. The way the New Testament is written, from different points of view from different characters, also don't make sense if the story is just meant to be allegorical. It's like if George Lucas remade the exact same Star Wars movie, just from the POV of different characters within that movie. That's highly unusual. 

Obviously the point of the New Testament and its multiple point of views on the same events is to convince the people that Jesus and his story were real actual events that took place.


RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vizual said:

Most historians agree that Jesus Christ was most likely a real person, not just a made up mythical allegory. Of course, it's not proven that Jesus really performed those miracles or that he rose from the dead and we don't know for sure how much of the story is fact and how much is fiction. But the story of Jesus was not purely allegorical. The way the New Testament is written, from different points of view from different characters, also don't make sense if the story is just meant to be allegorical. It's like if George Lucas remade the exact same Star Wars movie, just from the POV of different characters within that movie. That's highly unusual. 

Obviously the point of the New Testament and its multiple point of views on the same events is to convince the people that Jesus and his story were real actual events that took place.

You should read it and tell me what you think after

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2022 at 11:29 AM, at_anchor said:

But I was afraid they will kick me out or gossip how I don't really believe in God, angels, hell, heaven, afterlife, and the judgement day that will punish the bad and save the good, etc.

Out of interest, what type of church are you referring to here? There's a lot of diversity out there, not all have such a judgemental culture. But it depends where you live I guess. 

On 02/02/2022 at 11:29 AM, at_anchor said:

While going to some monestery on a mountain, that was the best day I had in my life. It was amazing. The roses, trees, gardens, images and architecture. Beautiful and amazing. People sitting together to eat and priests giving advice to everyone individually afterwards.

Sounds amazing, why not go there instead of the church? 


Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing SDi BLUE people get correct is architecture.

ORANGE modernist concrete jungle architecture is so damn ugly.


أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

*This account is no longer active as the user has decided to leave the forum*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@at_anchor

I have been considering the same thing myself.  I don't want to walk around with a SD blue shadow by judging things rather than understanding them.  I end up lost in a relativistic nihilism in which I have no sense of purpose at all.  It is important to address this sort of hang up somehow.

One of my greatest fears is the loss of individuality through a false sense of purpose and conformity.  This worsens my social skills and sense of belonging.  Currently, I don't feel like I belong anywhere and this doesn't help me find a life purpose.

One possibility to keep in mind is that going to church can trigger an epiphany.  It could be taken such that you reinforce to the surrounding paradigm.  If you take what is said with a grain of salt and focus on consciousness as they attempt to point to it in this environment, it might work.

On 3/28/2022 at 6:03 PM, Arcangelo said:

I went to church really high on MDMA it was a good experience.

That sounds awesome, but they would probably throw you out.  The visions of angels sounds off the hook.  We may have to work with what we've got and not use psychedelics.  From this point of view we can't blame people for being selfish, unconscious, and fearful if they don't have the tools to raise their consciousness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, trenton said:

but they would probably throw you out. 

It was during the week, it was almost empty. Some people could tell I was high af.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now