Nate0068

Are I “am ness” and “perception”the same thing ?

9 posts in this topic

Feel into "I-am-ness" and see if you can find any boundaries.

@Judy2 the thing that’s happening without my control I just have perception with no cause I guess a better word would be awareness 

No clue, not enlightened, just throwing in my two cents.

• I guess "I am"ness is the illusion we're supposed to get rid of (by trying to know how it is I know that "I am", when doing self-inquiry). 
  • I assume there is no such thing as subject-object perception, the sensation is the perception of the sensation in an exact 1:1 relationship nondual unity; i.e., perception is 'built in' to the sensation and I've been told that experiencing sensations like this is good progress.

"I amness" would be prior to perception, its perception that allows you to recognize this. They are pretty much merged as a Perspective. We would call this Experience

Edited by Kamo

Focus on the solution, not the problem

Your conception of perception is quite heavily metaphysically-loaded, which leads to a misunderstanding of what it is.

See video: What Is Perception?

In the end, everything is gonna boil down to one thing and you will realize that perception and I AMness are one. But it can be useful to distinguish them in the meantime because most humans mean something very loaded when they talk about perception.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Your conception of perception is quite heavily metaphysically-loaded, which leads to a misunderstanding of what it is.

In the end, everything is gonna boil down to one thing and you will realize that perception and I AMness are one. But it can be useful to distinguish them in the meantime because most humans mean something very loaded when they talk about perception.

I agree thats basically what I was saying too, people consider perception as something outside or separate from their self.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

On 30/01/2022 at 11:34 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura What do you think of my distinction-making?

• Perception is the empty awareness. 
  • I Am is an object for the illusory self, appearing in empty awareness, to concentrate on during self-inquiry.

If we notice we are perception noticing I Am instead of "I am noticing perception," it does a neat flip and inverts. After we've inverted ourselves once, should we solidify I Am as a concentration object and use this as a launching pad with which to perform the switch, or just continue asking "Who Am I?" as before? Once we've developed the ability to make the switch on command, should we remain as illusory self or empty subjectivity to make progress? And what should we do in the inverted 'witness' state?