CuriousityIsKey

Ok why is sex so dogmatized?

20 posts in this topic

Ok  why is sex so dogmatized?

Something that feels so good so intimate and beautiful, why was it made into such a taboo? Like people acting as if they themselves don't want to have sex, humanity makes such a big deal out of it  I mean biologically speaking it is as natural as eating.

emotional attachments to what you think is right or wrong dogmatize it

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Sex is a powerful energy! 

In the Tao it's not stigmatized. But, it was in a lot of religions and philosophical schools.

Sex is one of the least understood things in our age.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@CuriousityIsKey

10 minutes ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

Something that feels so good so intimate and beautiful, why was it made into such a taboo? Like people acting as if they themselves don't want to have sex, humanity makes such a big deal out of it  I mean biologically speaking it is as natural as eating.

To answer the thread title question, yes I don't mind sex being dogmatized, as long as the dogmatism isn't directed at me, and nobody is getting killed in the dogmatism.

To answer your post, sex is dogmatized because it's a major projection of control by the ego, as however gets to procreate, gets to pass on their ideology onto their children.

16 minutes ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

Because it can also be the opposite of those things. Some people even think rape is love, so some rules were needed for such people. But with laws abstractity of morality is lost more or less.

I've wondered this too. Still don't really know, but this hypothesis seems reasonable:

Foucault argues that we generally read the history of sexuality since the 18th century in terms of what Foucault calls the "repressive hypothesis." The repressive hypothesis supposes that since the rise of the bourgeoisie, any expenditure of energy on purely pleasurable activities has been frowned upon. As a result, sex has been treated as a private, practical affair that only properly takes place between a husband and a wife. Sex outside these confines is not simply prohibited, but repressed. That is, there is not simply an effort to prevent extra-marital sex, but also an effort to make it unspeakable and unthinkable. Discourse on sexuality is confined to marriage.

The repressive hypothesis explains that there have been certain outlets of confession, where "improper" sexual feelings could be released safely. Foucault identifies prostitution and psychiatry as two such outlets. Steven Marcus labels those who turned to psychiatrists or prostitutes in the Victorian era as the "other Victorians." These "other Victorians" created their own space for discourse on sexuality that freed them from the confines of conventional morality.

Foucault discusses the "repressive hypothesis", the widespread belief among late 20th-century westerners that sexuality, and the open discussion of sex, was socially repressed during the late 17th, 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries, a by-product of the rise of capitalism and bourgeois society, before the partial liberation of sexuality in modern times.

because the girls got pregnant, and they had to feed the child, and without a father who took responsibility, things got ugly

Rape, prostitution, abuse on women, power, a lot of reasons from stage red and below probably is why there's dogmatizations in those communities.

So if people were high cknsousness and respected consent the  it wouldnt need to be ?

Because sex is such a powerful force, it is controlled through religion and the state.   It took the missionaries great effort to convince the natives to feel ashamed of their sexuality.  After the missionaries “civilize” the natives, then they  move in to steal their land.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.

34 minutes ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

So if people were high cknsousness and respected consent the  it wouldnt need to be ?

It would help  but the issue will never go away humans are going to be humans 

@CuriousityIsKey

1 hour ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

High consciousness or low consciousness, the person will still feel emotions related to lust, pleasure, greed, obsession and frustration. 

I feel like people who are strongly against it may have been victimized by it in some way..directly or indirectly, so they feel like it's this 'evil force' that needs to be reined in.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Because most people are fundamentally envious. It's a plague of an emotion.

hrhrhtewgfegege

You meant to say stigmatized, not dogmatized.

But anyway, religion is probably the biggest factor,

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

13 hours ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

I suppose it would solve a lot of problems 

because sex has the ability to bring you right into the moment, to open your mind, to make you impulsive and not give a fuck

this is very dangerous for a structured society

if you want to contextualise this into stages, stage blue wants structure and control over population and sex is very effective at destroying this control

because a guy from the tribe had sex with a girl who was the wife of another guy from the tribe, and it all ended with many deaths. because a guy wanted his land to be inherited by someone with his genes... in short, ego, patriarchy, possession, separation

Tribes would share women and the children belonged to the community.   Sexual repression, jealousy, and wives is a trick of civilization that gives control to the top of the pyramid.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

well, some of us human beings want to feel superior to animals while we're a species of animal. 

just because sex feels like you're an animal, they want to embellish it with ceremonies, contracts, calling it holy to make it feel like it's humanistic. 

I don't know why human beings are so resistant to feeling like an animal, in fact, I enjoy shapeshifting into a horned ox while fucking a feminine body! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"