Andrew123

Ways To Overcome Feeling Worthless Or Feeling Less Than

4 posts in this topic

Hi Leo,

I saw a video you mention there is no such thing as worth - would you be able to expand on this?

I have issues with not feeling worthy unless I have reached financial freedom or if I am happy with myself.

I feel like the above will take a long time to reach or discover. 

I also feel unworthy because I do not have any close friends, only people at work I interact with and I am at a age (+35) where its difficult to meet new friends.

I feel I am not normal as my mother used to call me names when I was a teenager and now I feel it has embedded a negative thinking about myself and whenever she looks at me now.

I feel unworthy because I don't do all the exciting things my work colleagues do on the weekends, even I do not have the desire to do the same things but it makes it as though they have such exciting lives and I feel like a failure because my life is not exciting.

I feel unworthy because I feel uncomfortable in a social setting i.e. family function or with lunch\drinks with people and because I feel this way I feel unworthy or not normal

The above is making feel unworthy in anything and making it difficult with the following:

1) Wanting or feeling like I am worthy to be in a loving reciprocal relationship (mainly no friends or a social life even though I feel most people my age lose friends or start to lose friends\negativity\name calling by my mother when younger\having a long term financial goal to be met to be worthy)

2) Feeling secure in myself 

3) Feeling happy in myself in my current state

It would be great if you could do a video about worthiness and how to deal with it.

@Andrew123

Hi, 

There are already few videos that could help get you on track. I'd say: 

* How to stop being a Victim part 1 and 2. - you are blaming a lot of external sources for your (self constructed) lack of worth. It is time you take the responsibility in your hands. 

* Responsibility versus blame  - amazing video, check it out. 

* Also another is How to stop Judging yourself - that could give you a hint. 

* Also check "How to deal with negative Emotions and read a book called Emotional Inteligence 2.0

* There was also another one about Liking yourself more ( check out the happiness section of Leo's vids on youtube) 

Don't sit here and wait for Leo to reply to you. Man the hell up and start taking responsibility for your own life.  Stop waiting for someone to come into your life and help you deal with all your problems. You are a male, the predator and the caretaker, things will be expected of you and feeling sorry for yourself is not one of them.  Each of us is the primary tool for our own happiness. Money or girlfriend cannot give it to you if you haven't figured it out yourself first. Yes, you have some traumas, we all do. Time for excuses has passed, now it's time to take an action.  Stop blaming your mother for whatever issue you have. The responsibility is yours only. When you say " I feel like the above will take a long time to reach or discover. " you are already saying that you don't want to do anything about it except perhaps moan and complain. 

Commit yourself to mastering your own emotions and psychology. Make a commitment to improving your life. Start watching all Leo's videos, one by one even if you feel like you don't need some of them. Pieces will start to come together. Read.... read books,. make notes of them and re-read them again. If you have gaps in your psychology you need to mend those if you want to get an improvement. 

Steps you could take now to start feeling better about yourself. 

1.  Start watching Leo's videos and read recommended books (pay the premium book list content, totally worth it ) 

2.  Exercise if you don't already. There are studies about how exercise improves not only your looks but your brain function, reduces depression, anxiety, prevents stress, boosts mood and make you generally feel better about yourself. Don't know how? Book a trainer for first 3 lessons and they will show you. Watch youtube videos, magazines, ask people who excercise. Us gym rats love to share our knowledge with others. Also this will help you become more social. Go to gym, talk to people, compliment them and ask about different excercises, techniques. You will make bonds with them.. ...sky is the limit here. This is one of the most important commitments in your life. There is an excellent book called Spark from John Ratey that tells you why exercise is important for your brain and how it goes beyond physical look. A must read. 

3.  Meditate - Watch Leo's "How to meditate videos. " This is the gym for your mind. Even more important than excercise, ideally you'd do both. Meditate every day, excercise 5 days a week. 

4. Start cutting bad habits that make you spiral in your own depression - pc games, junk food, television, tobaco, alcohol, and that kind of crap draining happiness and energy from you. Less obvious: self pity, judgemental thoughts, obsessions with stupid things,

5. Wake up early - If you are stuck in your daily job like most of us, you need to make most of your day, set an alarm for 5:30 am and spend 2 hours studying, contemplating, meditating or just thinking about your life. Of course go to bed earlier if you wanna do this. This is a powerful strong habit. 

This may seem like a lot of actions, I know. This is what all of us are about. Leo has opened my eyes to reality a year ago just like he did to 1000s of people out here. I work on getting to my life purpose and just in 1 year of following Leo's channel, I feel tremendous improvement in my personal life, social life and understanding my psychology. It is a horrible amount of work and I doubt myself a lot but keep pushing because I know that in the end all this will be worth it once I find my ultimate life purpose and achieve new level of happiness.  All of us here comited our lives to continuous improvement and work on our mind and body every day.

Do one thing at a time. 

Start your journey towards your better self right here right now, today, make the commitment to yourself. No more pity talk, no more whining, no more blaming others. "I am the master of my own life, I am the hero of my story. If I cannot do it, nobody will do it for me. !

You can do it and you have all it takes, the question is: .... Will you? 

Good luck and keep your chin up. Things will start going your way if you work on yourself, I can promise you that. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 I think a guide to rational living is a better book than emotional intelligence 2.0

Edited by heisenburger

@heisenburger agree, there are probably thousands of books out there that could help likewise. I though it would shed a bit more light if he tapped into understanding his own emotions and why he feels the way he does often. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus