2. Ukraine is afraid of Russia so it wants to join the NATO

A strange loop indeed :D

Love, Strength and Intelligence is the real Holy Trinity 

15 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

The discussion boils down to 2 points 

1. Russia is afraid of Ukraine joining the NATO 
  2. Ukraine is afraid of Russia so it wants to join the NATO

A strange loop indeed :D

Also Russia wants to keep influence over the Ukraine.

The Ukraine wants closer ties to the West.

I'm now an American but I am not proud being American at all with news like this.  Why sending more troops would help?  

Base on Putin's speech, everyone would think if Nato withdraw all troops and missiles off Russian neighbors Russia will not invade anyone.  At least that is how I see it.

But in the contrast the US is sending troops??    NATO probably don't think it is good for long term when backing out?? 

It is clear like day to me, US are the aggressive one.   American troops only bring more war and destruction, wherever they go.  They do exactly what Russia do but much much more aggressively.  

Hakuna matata

1 minute ago, Tim Ho said:

I'm now an American but I am not proud being American at all with news like this.  Why sending more troops would help?  

Base on Putin's speech, everyone would think if Nato withdraw all troops and missiles off Russian neighbors Russia will not invade anyone.  At least that is how I see it.

But in the contrast the US is sending troops??    NATO probably don't think it is good for long term when backing out?? 

It is clear like day to me, US are the aggressive one.   American troops only bring more war and destruction, wherever they go.  They do exactly what Russia do but much much more aggressively.  

It's an Empire and they cling to Hegemony

I think the US is just really scared to lose their No. 1 spot, which is understandable.

for how long will the clinging work? time will tell, maybe with NATO and forming new alliances against China etc. it could work for another 100 yrs

8 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

It's an Empire and they cling to Hegemony

I think the US is just really scared to lose their No. 1 spot, which is understandable.

Agreed and sad

Hakuna matata

42 minutes ago, Tim Ho said:

I see it more like Putin being a cry bully. 

You can't take a peace of a country and then act attacked when they start to build defense so it doesn't happen again. 

5 hours ago, at_anchor said:

@Leo Gura Why does America treat Russia unfairly?

America treats anyone unfairly if they can get away with it. Nothing new here.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

America treats anyone unfairly if they can get away with it. Nothing new here.

It’s not that simplistic. Russia is actively fighting against global democracy. It’s trying to prevent liberalism from spreading around the world.

"Wanting keeps me from the awareness I already have it. I already am it.” — Byron Katie

14 minutes ago, Tim Ho said:

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/ukraine/2020-04-03/russia-love

Are Crimean not happier with Russian?   How that is against democracy?

Can't read the full article. But this is in the beginning. 

"Much of the international community, however, considered the referendum a sham, conducted at the barrel of a gun. In this view, Crimea did not freely join Russia; it was annexed."

"Much of the international community" are someone else who are not Crimean

crimean.png

Edited by Tim Ho

Hakuna matata

@Tim Ho This is stupid, you cannot just invade ukraine and then say people want it. This is definitely not how things are done in a modern world. If they want to be part of Russia they have to go through a long process and even after then they may not get what they want.

@Leo Gura
Why are you denying that russia already invaded Ukraine? Ukraine wants to join NATO specifically because Russia already invaded its land, it is a reasonable fear. All these countries joining the NATO have a common fear of Russian invasion. Russia brought this on itself

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Love, Strength and Intelligence is the real Holy Trinity 

@Tim Ho Don’t you find it strange that Putin won every election for the past 20 years. Whenever a real opponent comes, like alexei navalny, they are poisoned and put in prison. In Syria, they came to the aid of bashar Assad, a man who chemically poisoned his own people. Russia is a force for authoritarianism. They cannot be allowed to win.

"Wanting keeps me from the awareness I already have it. I already am it.” — Byron Katie

2 hours ago, Tim Ho said:

"Much of the international community" are someone else who are not Crimean

Yes but if it's like it was is the Belarus elections not even those votes are Crimean. 

It's easy for authoritarian regimes to fake votes. 

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Tim Ho This is stupid, you cannot just invade ukraine and then say people want it. This is definitely not how things are done in a modern world.

America invaded Afghanistan, set up a puppet government, and said that the people want it.  This IS the way things are done in the modern world.  In reality, there is no International law.   But the difference is that Ukraine is a vital interest to Russia and Putin isn’t going to back down.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Tim Ho Don’t you find it strange that Putin won every election for the past 20 years. Whenever a real opponent comes, like alexei navalny, they are poisoned and put in prison. In Syria, they came to the aid of bashar Assad, a man who chemically poisoned his own people. Russia is a force for authoritarianism. They cannot be allowed to win.

Strange or not it is an opinion.  Not all countries are ready for true democracy.

We can't force our view onto others

Edited by Tim Ho

Hakuna matata

19 minutes ago, Tim Ho said:

We can't force our view onto others

I beg to differ. Democracy is the better option for Russia and the world. The ends do justify the means (in this case).

5 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

I beg to differ. Democracy is the better option for Russia and the world. The ends do justify the means (in this case).

What if people elect a fascist? 

5 hours ago, How to be wise said:

It’s not that simplistic. Russia is actively fighting against global democracy. It’s trying to prevent liberalism from spreading around the world.

Of course that is a complicating factor. Russia is no angel.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.