Tristan12

Vegan and raw foods that will fill you up?

12 posts in this topic

I've been trying to eat healthier over the last while. I haven't gone all out yet but I have just been removing unhealthy things from my diet. I want to eventually transfer to a raw/whole food diet and probably go vegan too. What I am wondering is what foods can you eat that will give you enough calories and fill you up? I love fruits and veg but it never feels like enough no matter how much I eat and so right now I continue to eat pasta, bread and other things or else I will lose too much weight.

What can I eat that is still an unprocessed, whole food that is vegan that will give me the caloric intake I need? Thanks

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

How about oatmeal, cocao powder with nut butter and banana/fruit? that shit is really filling, cheap and makes me feel good

But just in general I think just add a couple spoons of some kind of oil whatever your dinner plate is,

I like to mix up potato/rice with beans and carrots and a few other veg and with spices or sauces 

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

1 hour ago, catcat69123 said:

How about oatmeal, cocao powder with nut butter and banana/fruit? that shit is really filling, cheap and makes me feel good

But just in general I think just add a couple spoons of some kind of oil whatever your dinner plate is,

I like to mix up potato/rice with beans and carrots and a few other veg and with spices or sauces 

okay thanks

@Tristan12 if you’re going to eat pasta and bread for calories, why not meat? Meat will be healthier than either of those.

9 minutes ago, Tristan12 said:

I'm saying I want to move away from that stuff so I am looking for healthier alternatives

You could eat nuts, that’s what I did when I was vegan. Definitely a calorie dense food. But I’d argue meat is going to be way healthier than eating a bunch of nuts everyday for many people.

If you happen to go all the way to raw: I would advise you to change your geographic location. Its really hard to stay raw/fresh/uncooked, in a cold environment. 
Try eating a salad or a raw coconut yoghurt during the winter, and still feeling satiated. Its really tough. 

But if you are living in a warm country, its the best. Notice how humans lean towards salads, fruits and juices, more during the summer?  

You can also be a hybrid. Eating healthy cooked during cold months, and raw during warm :)

Check out Ital Diet. Its really nice ✨

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@Vincent S okay thanks. I do plan on moving to a tropical country in the future so that could work out well. I'm only just starting to become a lot more serious about my diet so I still have a lot of diets to explore and figure out which is best for me.

Agreed with @Vincent S . The best way to do a raw foodie diet (especially fruitarian) is to move to countries with a wide abundance of affordable fruits and tropical climate year-long Unless you want to eat 30 bananas a day like Freelee at one point you gotta consume more of the fatty and meaty ones like jackfruit, durian, coconut and some of the other fancy stuff they have. It is hard to do that here...especially on a budget. Most raw foodies in West that I've seen drastically undereat and suffer a huge amount of symptoms by drastic nutritional deficiencies (which they always associated with detox symptoms). 

If you're gonna be raw foodie in Northern America, Canada or Europe (especially now) you'll probably end up with dental problems, skin issues, digestive complaints etc. Not to mention the rapid drop in energy and muscle density. It can be done but it is very self-limiting and IMO raw foodie diet should only be done for the short term and only in summer as it is also very cooling and kinda Yin which blends the best with YANG environment of hot & dry summer days not dark & cold YIN days. In Chinese medicine excess YIN is associated with fatigue, cold extremities and hormonal deficiencies 

Why not add some nuts, seeds and maybe an occasional fish, egg, some unprocessed whole grains? You'd probably feel much better

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Tristan12

Go for legumes (lentils and beans) and pseudograins (quinoa, buckwheat, amaranth).

Both are healthy and calory dense. Lentils are packed with minerals and b-vitamins and the pseudograins give you the benefit of a grain (fiber, calories and minerals) without the gluten.

Simply add your favourite spices or a curry mix or put them into a soup or a stew.

Potatoes. Jackfruit meals. Nuts and nut butter. Smoothies. Oatmeal. Vegan lentil chili. Check out Ezekiel bread, the cinnamon raisin is great. Tons of options with rice.

Ton of options if you Dont forget about grains and your willing to spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing food. Just fruits and veggies probably wont be enough.  

Edited by Adodd

@Tristan12  Beans, chickpeas, quinoa, (sweet) potatoes, pumpkin and the like, and don't forget to add a lot of healthy oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, sesame oil or flaxseed oil. Usually when I don't get full, I didn't add enough oil.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/