Regan

Need for a partner with a spiritual interest

17 posts in this topic

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the need for dating someone who doesn’t have an interest in spirituality?

Do you guys consider dating someone also interested in spirituality a must? Is an interest in the fact that you’re interest in it enough? Or is the willingness to grow all that is needed? Does it not matter at all as long as theirs an emotional connection, or do you think an emotional connection will be stunted because of their lack of interest in spirituality?

All thoughts are welcome and appreciated

Definitely important if it's important to you.

I find that most girls are pretty open to it and can be guided into it, even if they are pretty clueless about it.

So you just want to avoid the ones who are totally materialistic or dogmatically closedminded.

I usually ask a girl within the first 5 mins, "Are you spiritual?" and "How are you spiritual?" This tells you a lot.

I once found a prostitute who was into DMT and she had some God-realizations. Didn't sleep with her but we had a blast on DMT. Also found another stripper/prostitute who was super into New Age spirituality and started her own church. She has also done 5-MeO. You'll be amazed at how many spiritual girls are out there.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I once found a prostitute who was into DMT and she had some God-realizations. Didn't sleep with her but we had a blast on DMT.

Screenshot_5.png

I dated people who weren’t into spirituality for yearssss. And it honestly kinda broke my spirit. Being with someone who is spiritual makes the relationship so much more enjoyable for me. It’s a non-negotiable for me now.

"You Create Magic" 

If you are in North America or Western Europe then good luck because most women in the West are not spiritual.  At best you’ll get a girl who has crystals and does yoga.

Going to India is your best bet.  I would say Japan is good, but even then it’s not that spiritual anymore.

of course, all the girls that I've dated so far looked like me in one way or another. we had things in common more than enough.
so yeah. spirituality could be the best common point between partners.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I once found a prostitute who was into DMT and she had some God-realizations. Didn't sleep with her but we had a blast on DMT. Also found another stripper/prostitute who was super into New Age spirituality and started her own church.

How are you running into all these strippers and prostitutes ?. Only in Vegas I guess?

But on a serious note, isn’t engaging a stripper or prostitute a risk? Even if she’s into psychedelics and spirituality?

For me it'd be a nice-to-have but not a must-have. For me spirituality is deeply personal so I don't really care about my partner not sharing the same beliefs. Most women I've dated were either atheist or weirdly refused to tell me their beliefs even when pushed.

There's a few areas to watch out for.... how you'll raise your kids with regards to spirituality/religion.... if you believe in an afterlife and want to see your partner there... etc.

Otherwise it's like politics. I can just disagree and not talk about it, as long as she's not doing things that actively go against my ideology.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Definitely important if it's important to you.

I find that most girls are pretty open to it and can be guided into it, even if they are pretty clueless about it.

So you just want to avoid the ones who are totally materialistic or dogmatically closedminded.

I usually ask a girl within the first 5 mins, "Are you spiritual?" and "How are you spiritual?" This tells you a lot.

Yeah, I think an openness to it really is a dealbreaker - it's something that I found myself being repeatedly reminded of last year, and deep down it's something I know I want

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I once found a prostitute who was into DMT and she had some God-realizations. Didn't sleep with her but we had a blast on DMT. Also found another stripper/prostitute who was super into New Age spirituality and started her own church. She has also done 5-MeO. You'll be amazed at how many spiritual girls are out there.

That's awesome - I recently came across the Facebook profile of a girl who was my closest female friend during the last years of school and her bio read 'Who looks out from behind those eyes? Is it person, or presence?' - it shocked me in a really nice way

It's great that the amount girls (and guys) around like that is just going to increase more and more during our lifetime, similar to how veganism is

Have you ever considered going out on a small dose of 2CB? When I dance on it I utterly feel how I am the universe experiencing itself - every movement of my body feels as if it's an expression of the way the music makes me feel in every moment - it's so freeing and expressive and gets so much attention because of how carefree it'll make me

8 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

I dated people who weren’t into spirituality for yearssss. And it honestly kinda broke my spirit. Being with someone who is spiritual makes the relationship so much more enjoyable for me. It’s a non-negotiable for me now.

Yeah I've found it pretty heartbreaking at times so that's nice to read

4 hours ago, Yarco said:

For me it'd be a nice-to-have but not a must-have. For me spirituality is deeply personal so I don't really care about my partner not sharing the same beliefs. Most women I've dated were either atheist or weirdly refused to tell me their beliefs even when pushed.

There's a few areas to watch out for.... how you'll raise your kids with regards to spirituality/religion.... if you believe in an afterlife and want to see your partner there... etc.

Otherwise it's like politics. I can just disagree and not talk about it, as long as she's not doing things that actively go against my ideology.

Fair enough - tho I'm not sure if our definitions of spirituality are the same, are you referring to Non-duality?

Edited by Regan

@Regan

I don’t need someone who is outwardly spiritual. That can just be another form of ego. I myself might not even seem like someone who would be into these kind of ideas.

What I care about more is emotional maturity, aligned goals / lifestyle, personal chemistry and her willingness to grow. Which could mean she is into spiritual topics, but not necessarily.

I dated one girl a couple years ago who didn’t know a thing about meditation or any of this. But she more mature than many of the girls I’ve met. We got along really well.

11 hours ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Going to India is your best bet.  I would say Japan is good, but even then it’s not that spiritual anymore.

I live in Japan, and I'm Indian (didn't grow up in India, but I have relatives there and been around a lot of people from India), and I'd say both places are unreliable if you are looking for some spiritual.

The best bet is doing what Leo said, and guiding someone into it.

On 26/01/2022 at 11:18 AM, aurum said:

What I care about more is emotional maturity, aligned goals / lifestyle, personal chemistry and her willingness to grow. Which could mean she is into spiritual topics, but not necessarily.

I second this but in order for the relationship to be long term potential, personally I need the girl to have some level of spiritual awareness and inclination. At this point, I wouldn't settle down with a girl who didn't meditate or do yoga or do taichi, that comes down to aligned lifestyles and wavelengths, but I would be open to guiding her into it, if she was curious, like others have said. Curiosity is a dealbreaker.

Edited by Spence94

On 25/01/2022 at 8:20 PM, Regan said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the need for dating someone who doesn’t have an interest in spirituality?

Do you guys consider dating someone also interested in spirituality a must? Is an interest in the fact that you’re interest in it enough? Or is the willingness to grow all that is needed? Does it not matter at all as long as theirs an emotional connection, or do you think an emotional connection will be stunted because of their lack of interest in spirituality?

All thoughts are welcome and appreciated

Yes9_9. It's so difficult to not only just find someone that fits this but that isn't brainwashed, can have their own thoughts.B|^_^

@Regan I think it depends on how much spirituality is a part of your life and what other aspects you both have in common. Spirituality is a huge part of my life, so if they had no interest in it at all or were a materialist, we wouldn't be a good match. Open mindedness is important to me. I would date someone who wasn't particularly spiritual if they were open minded and we had chemistry and compatibility in other areas. I think the chances of a relationship lasting long term are much better though if you share similar spiritual or religious views. 

Edited by Matthew85

Someone could be somewhat "spiritual" without labeling it as such or consciously knowing it as such until maybe later introduced to it. I guess being open-minded more than anything. And then there are many who can be quite dogmatic/non-spiritual but do psychedelics/other drugs for example...

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

anyone non spiritual is in a state of conflict

either bashing the world or being bashed by the world

and frequently this is unconscious ... they think this is how life is

first realize this and have compassion

second,

the most spiritual person seems the least spiritual ... there is no indication of any spiritual identity ... the work was done on the mat and is no more paid attention to

third

probably the key component of the spiritual person is impenetrable boundaries

you cannot affect them in any way ... everything is water off the duck's back ... they are immovable in the storm

with all that said

whether another is spiritual or not is immaterial and probably would not need any discussion in getting to know someone or even dating them

everyone is in fact spiritual and on their own path to redemption