Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

16 Signs of High Quality Decision Making

9 posts in this topic

Note: Please feel free to add to the list.

1. You are planning out your weeks, months, and years with some kind of scheduling system

2. You use Onenote, excel, google calendar, bullet journals, reMarkable Tablet etc to plan, calculate, organize, schedule, contemplate and to live intentionally every day

3. You are acting out of love, integrity, wisdom, balance, forethought, patience, self honesty, congruence, with your highest values, long term thinking etc

4. You are acting not from a sense of fear, lack, neediness, or addiction

5. You make decisions from a place of being grounded and of stability

6. You are aware of how your actions affect others, and can see the potential consequences of your actions

7. Your decisions are creating a sense of balance, stability, and self esteem instead of regret, self pity and frustration

8. When you make mistakes you are able to self reflect, admit when you were wrong take responsibility and accept the consequences consciously.

9. You are frequently updating your models of reality and systems for living (check out: Code of The Extraordinary Mind)

10. You are increasingly happy and joyful

11. Your mind is organized, clear, stable, sober, grounded, aligned, integral and in flow

12. You are open minded to ideas but not naive, gullible or impulsive. nor are you dogmatic or closed minded. 

13. You are aware of how you are drawn to pleasure and phobic to pain. Instead of letting these things mindlessly control you. You do what is the wisest course of action

14. You take great care in your information diet and and take life long learning seriously. You are aware that your ability to make decisions is based on your database of information, resources, knowledge, experience, beliefs, etc

15. You live based on your highest vision for yourself

16. You are patient and not needy

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 hours ago, LastThursday said:

@Thought Art is there room for intuition on your list?

Definitely, Theses lists are by no means complete.

Also, I may have mentioned it in video as I usually go deeper in the talks. 

◭"89"

@Karmadhi Thanks mate!

◭"89"

On 25/01/2022 at 2:15 AM, Thought Art said:

1. You are planning out your weeks, months, and years with some kind of scheduling system

Planning out years is often a pointless effort, I wouldn't recommend it unless you have good reason to believe that you will be going steady for a long time.

A good question to ask, is: what is the half-life of my priorities?

Which can be answered by looking at your current top 5 goals, and going back in time to see:

1. How long ago did I create these?
  2. What were my priorities and goals before?
  3. How long ago did I decide on those?

From this information, you can deduce how long your priorities last, before you make a growth spurt and change them again.

Let's call this value Hp.

This is the maximum amount of time that it makes sense to make a plan for.

Your current pace of personal growth = 1 / Hp

Which means that you are actually developing faster, if you find your priorities shifting quicker.

So there is no shame in making a 3 month plan only.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

2. You use Onenote, excel, google calendar, bullet journals, reMarkable Tablet etc to plan, calculate, organize, schedule, contemplate and to live intentionally every day

This is highly personality dependent.

You are looking at this through the lense of someone who uses these tools in order to live intentionally.

There's a big section of people for whom these tools actually would be in the way of living intentionally.

Personally, I've been either one at different times.

These days, all I need to make good decisions are my powerful vision and my intuition, and just being in touch with raw inner power and Creation.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

7. Your decisions are creating a sense of balance, stability, and self esteem instead of regret, self pity and frustration

Decisions are not the source of regret, self pity and frustration.

They are merely the object of projection.

Regret itself is a decision that can be un-made, thereby unlocking tremendous potential for learning and growth, which can not be accessed from the framework of regret, which implies "right" and "wrong" decisions.

@Thought Art  I'll stop nitpicking now and just say congratulations on this video! Just realised you made this. Excellent!

I like the topic!