Andyforreal

Boris Johnson drops COVID-19 restrictions in UK

22 posts in this topic

They must have Herd immunity from Boris's hair. :P

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Its a smart poltical move. With everything he's done or not done he would get booted out or not re-elected.
Since he lifted things, he may win over some people, especially if the numbers stay the same or get better.  
If he continues to be strict or stricter he has no chance at all.  

Thank God!

This gives us hope.

Finally some common sense.

It's a breath of fresh air man.

So thankful to live in the UK when compared to countries like Australia & even Canada talking to some friends. 

I was on the phone to an Australian and he was saying in his state / province in peak summer they were only allowed 1 hour of exercise even when there was sub 10 deaths / day and less than a 1000 cases, absolute madness. 

Luckily, over here people haven't lost all grasps of reality (except those who have become famous  'relevant' as a result of fear mongering) and Vaccine passports have been scrapped, restrictions dropped & there's no talk of endless boosters, just one a year like the Flu. We're also hopefully getting rid of Vaccine mandates for health workers. 

It shows that when there is pushback (100+ politicians voted against these measures) that things can change which is good to see!

To be honest though, its been kinda normal here since July, with a few hiccups around Christmas time, but the majority seem like they are done with restrictions since the booster rollout and want their lives back. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I guess some people would prefere concentration camp Australia because of science.

23 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

i wonder what leo gura has to say about this

i wonder what ja rule has to say about this

Well they cant stay locked forever, most are vaccinated and omnicron i think is much less dangerous than standard covid so maybe it is the right move?

I am very concerned that this may lead to much more unnecessary spreading of the virus throughout entire UK. I am worried that more variants may arise because of this decision.

4 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I am very concerned that this may lead to much more unnecessary spreading of the virus throughout entire UK. I am worried that more variants may arise because of this decision.

Almost everybody will get it either way, so measures won't really reduce that risk to any significant degree. The whole point was to reduce the risk of health care collapse, now that threat is gone in many countries, particularly in the UK which is way past their peak with daily cases going down for over a week now.

19 hours ago, w4read said:

Almost everybody will get it either way, so measures won't really reduce that risk to any significant degree. The whole point was to reduce the risk of health care collapse, now that threat is gone in many countries, particularly in the UK which is way past their peak with daily cases going down for over a week now.

That still doesn’t change the fact that the more this virus spreads the more worrisome variants we will likely have in the future.

2 hours ago, Hardkill said:

That still doesn’t change the fact that the more this virus spreads the more worrisome variants we will likely have in the future.

This is not a fact.

5 hours ago, Hardkill said:

As I said, everybody will eventually get it. So it desn't matter what you do, a new variant could always emerge. In a best case scenario you will be able to flatten the curve. But because hospitals are doing mostly fine, there's really no point. In fact, because vaccines becomes less effective with time you would actually in some sense want more people to get the virus now rather than later. 

11 hours ago, Hardkill said:

So, what some WHO official says is automatically a fact for you?

What is the idea that we'll have more worrisome variants in the future based on? How is that a fact?

The fact is that viruses tend to become less deadly as they mutate. Not always, but in many cases, such as the Spanish flu and Swine flu.

On 24/01/2022 at 10:15 PM, Arcangelo said:

Thank God!

This gives us hope.

Finally some common sense.

It's a breath of fresh air man.

Couldn't agree more.

On 25/01/2022 at 10:30 AM, LfcCharlie4 said:

So thankful to live in the UK when compared to countries like Australia & even Canada talking to some friends. 

I was on the phone to an Australian and he was saying in his state / province in peak summer they were only allowed 1 hour of exercise even when there was sub 10 deaths / day and less than a 1000 cases, absolute madness. 

Luckily, over here people haven't lost all grasps of reality (except those who have become famous  'relevant' as a result of fear mongering) and Vaccine passports have been scrapped, restrictions dropped & there's no talk of endless boosters, just one a year like the Flu. We're also hopefully getting rid of Vaccine mandates for health workers. 

It shows that when there is pushback (100+ politicians voted against these measures) that things can change which is good to see!

To be honest though, its been kinda normal here since July, with a few hiccups around Christmas time, but the majority seem like they are done with restrictions since the booster rollout and want their lives back. 

Hopefully Australia and Canada will sooner or later lift their restrictions too.