J

Strong Resistance To Change

7 posts in this topic

After reading a bit of the story "The Alchemist" I realized how much I am not taking advantage of. How every blessing I haven't taken is a curse. I see how ultimately people will live their own life through their own cycles 'till death. Unfortunately/Fortunately  I feel like one of those people, yet I'm young, All around me I see wasted potential, even in my parents.  I fear living like this but I'm trapped. I have such a struggle dealing with the urge to stay in the cycle. How do I deal with this issue? This is the difference for me having a life of modesty or a life extraordinary potential.  I need to break my addictions and bad habits, now or never. I want to pursue meditation, mindfulness and more, and I will

Oops, just realized this was posted in the wrong section...

Edited by J
Posted in wrong thread

Hi!

Any big change comes with resitance, to get something radically different you need to do something radically different, therefore standing up against this resitance is that. Think, what do most people do when someone's scary, they avoid it. That's why they're stuck in the cycle. Resistance can be seen as the reason so many are stuck.

The bad news is there's no special gimmick anyone can give you to just remove this resitance forever, if you could do that and chase your greatest dreams with no pain or fear at all you would probably be the first in the world to ever do so. Fear/doubt means you're outside of your comfort zone, when you're doubting it's an indicator that either something great a big change or choice is going to happen or you're about to avoid this choice happening. The good news is there's plenty of tools to make it a lot easier!

A couple great resources!

1: The Sedona method.

use this to release fears doubts at doing something.

https://www.amazon.com/Sedona-Method-Happiness-Emotional-Well-Being/dp/0971933413

2: Incantations/tony Robbins state change excercise.

sedona method can cure negative emotions, but this can put you in a positive state, when you feel passionate or inspired it's easy to make difficult decisions, use this to gain those emotions.

If you have a spare half hour alone I highly HIGHLY reccomend going through the guided meditation I posted above for a start. And maybe look into buying the Sedona book if you want to.

Edited by heisenburger

8 hours ago, heisenburger said:

Hi!

Any big change comes with resitance, to get something radically different you need to do something radically different, therefore standing up against this resitance is that. Think, what do most people do when someone's scary, they avoid it. That's why they're stuck in the cycle. Resistance can be seen as the reason so many are stuck.

The bad news is there's no special gimmick anyone can give you to just remove this resitance forever, if you could do that and chase your greatest dreams with no pain or fear at all you would probably be the first in the world to ever do so. Fear/doubt means you're outside of your comfort zone, when you're doubting it's an indicator that either something great a big change or choice is going to happen or you're about to avoid this choice happening. The good news is there's plenty of tools to make it a lot easier!

Would you then say that any negative emotion associated with a non negative situation i.e asking a stranger a silly question is actually almost always a positive action to take even though we trick ourself that the situation is negative as in 'bad' negative.

@OhHiMark no not always but a lot of times it will be. It should be obvious to you which is which, in that situation asking the stranger a silly question is probably good as it will help you to detach from caring what others think and having restrictions to how you behave around others.

Intention matters a lot. Set the right intention, meditate on it, and start taking baby steps.

Nothing grand gets accomplished overnight in this work. It's like steering an oil tanker. You gotta see the big picture and have appropriate expectations.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Let him that would move the world first move himself." - that's just what I needed to hear, thanks.

I never started getting better at personal development until i started doing personal development, ya dig?

1. Habits are the foundation of all success. Dealing with resistance is a habit just like any other. Feel it, accept it, allow it, do what you were going to do anyway. Use the initial momentum of excitement to build your new habits. When the new starts to wear off, then you can be more mindful and watch out for resistance traps.

2. A lesson I learned from weight training: your weight training (or personal development or meditation practice or business or whatever) is never going to be optimal or perfect. What's perfect changes, in my experience, day to day as you gain more experience, circumstances flow, change, and adjust. You have no way of knowing what's perfect. Plus, it's an impossible goal. In your self- improvement strategy, account for the day that you might fall off the wagon and implement some sort of safety net that will minimize damage and lost progress. Whenever you fail, just get up and keep going.

3. Keep an eye on your vision.

"Teach thy tongue to say 'I do not know', and thou shalt progress." - Maimonides