PurpleTree

this made me shed a tear ?

16 posts in this topic

this is great, real art

?? also the music makes me emotional

Comptine d'un autre été by Yann Tiersen.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

6 minutes ago, puporing said:

Comptine d'un autre été by Yann Tiersen.

this song makes me want to buy a piano just to learn this

Edited by PurpleTree

@PurpleTree That's how I started, I mean not just this piece but yeah stuff like this :x

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

Now when i'm out and about and i see all the people stare into their phones, i hear this melody in my head :)

On 23.1.2022 at 11:06 PM, puporing said:

@PurpleTree That's how I started, I mean not just this piece but yeah stuff like this :x

which is some of the stuff that made you start?

@PurpleTree Mostly Chopin, Chopin alone inspired me to keep going with the piano, and Rachmaninoff, Debussy, romantic era music. And I'm also into heavy rock so I'm picking up other instruments to boot ^_^ 

Edited by puporing

@flyingguitarist That's cool, my taste is usually on the darker/intense side so I'd recommend based on that lol. OK there's just a lot:

Chopin Nocturnes are a good starting point (Op.9 No 1-3, Op 48, No 1, Op 27 No 1-2, Op 15, No 1-3) Most of the Nocturnes are actually fairly light with some exceptions. Rachmaninoff's 10 Preludes in Op 23; Prelude Op 3, No. 2, Etudes-tableaux Op 33 No 1 & 2. Chopin 24 Preludes, Sherzi Op 31 No 2, Andante spiano & Grande Polonaise brillante. Chopin's Etudes, and all 4 Ballades to top it off. I like some of his waltzes like Op 64 No 2, Waltz in A minor too. Rachmaninoff's Concerto No. 2 and No. 3. Debussy's stuff's good, more meditative I find. Erik Satie is a minimalist and his ‎Gymnopédies & Gnossiennes are whimsical. Liszt stuff like Liebestraum, Hungarian Rhapsody, Transcendental Etudes. Lesser known composers like Rebikov, Albeniz, Respighi are nice. 

There's so much variety in classical. I know some people who only really want to play Bach for example and I'm like, just okay about it. Some of it was nice I guess, there's a lot to explore with Bach and I haven't gotten to it..

Edited by puporing

5 hours ago, puporing said:

@flyingguitarist That's cool, my taste is usually on the darker/intense side so I'd recommend based on that lol. OK there's just a lot:

Chopin Nocturnes are a good starting point (Op.9 No 1-3, Op 48, No 1, Op 27 No 1-2, Op 15, No 1-3) Most of the Nocturnes are actually fairly light with some exceptions. Rachmaninoff's 10 Preludes in Op 23; Prelude Op 3, No. 2, Etudes-tableaux Op 33 No 1 & 2. Chopin 24 Preludes. Chopin's Etudes, and all 4 Ballades to top it off. I like some of his waltzes like Op 64 No 2, Waltz in A minor too. Rachmaninoff's Concerto No. 2 and No. 3. Debussy's stuff's good, more meditative I find. Erik Satie is a minimalist and his ‎Gymnopédies & Gnossiennes are whimsical. Liszt stuff like Liebestraum, Hungarian Rhapsody, Transcendental Etudes. Lesser known composers like Rebikov, Albeniz, Respighi are nice. 

There's so much variety in classical. I know some people who only really want to play Bach for example and I'm like, just okay about it. Some of it was nice I guess, there's a lot to explore with Bach and I haven't gotten to it..

So what kind of piano would one need to play something like "Comptine d'un autre été by Yann Tiersen."? how many keys minimum? I really have nooo clue

don't know if i'd even want one though, generally i want less stuff not more

@PurpleTree For this particular piece you don't need the full keyboard.. most beginner don't, but I would get the full if you're buying one anyway just because you will eventually run into a piece that has the low bass or high notes and you can't play through the whole thing because of the key situation. Plus they're usually better made and if you're talking electric get the weighted keys so it feels like acoustic more. I would always recommend acoustic but I know it's not for everyone's living/budget situation.

Edited by puporing

Most of the people who rag on society like this don't appreciate the thousands of years of evolution, and their fortune of living in a first world developed democracy.

Yes there are flaws to living in first world late stage Capitalism, but the survival benefits are enormous. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

5 hours ago, puporing said:

@PurpleTree For this particular piece you don't need the full keyboard.. most beginner don't, but I would get the full if you're buying one anyway just because you will eventually run into a piece that has the low bass or high notes and you can't play through the whole thing because of the key situation. Plus they're usually better made and if you're talking electric get the weighted keys so it feels like acoustic more. I would always recommend acoustic but I know it's not for everyone's living/budget situation.

maybe i could buy a smaller one and then see how it goes and if i like it sell that one and buy a bigger one.

i already see myself getting frustrated with this thing and throwing it out :P 

would 61 keys be enough for that song?

@PurpleTree  No shame in trying it out, yeah the 61 key is more than enough for this one :)

9 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Learning to play on piano and guitar is one of my side quests on this journey:D

Yeah I can't really live without them at this point lol, especially the piano.