Thestarguitarist14

Leo saying the N word in a video

121 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Just because white people use that word doesn’t make it right.

I agree. But they use it like black people use it. It's like saying dude to them.

I will never be offended by the word beaner.

I am a beaner BTW

3 hours ago, vizual said:

But the usage should be judged by context on a case by case basis.

who is going to decide on it then?

marginalization is such an effective tactic.

systemic abuse is not systems thinking.

Edited by mememe

It is clear OP is just looking for reasons to bite. Context matters. This particular instance wasn't racist.

4 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Somebody should close this thread for real. We've acknowledged Leo's mistake, we've had our little pitty party, but the party's most likely over. I don't think continuing this N-word discussion is gonna lead to anything productive.

well you certainly don't have to partake in it

i think it's a fairly interesting discussion because i've never seen it on this forum

27 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

I agree. But they use it like black people use it. It's like saying dude to them.

I will never be offended by the word beaner.

I am a beaner BTW

The fact that the word beaner can be said with it being bleeped out shows how bad the N word is.

Sorry, can’t justify your racism.

5 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

The fact that the word beaner can be said with it being bleeped out shows how bad the N word is.

Sorry, can’t justify your racism.

the fact that you can't answer this

41 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

So do you want that Leo edits the video?

also makes me stop caring about the issue

30 minutes ago, Zedman said:

It is clear OP is just looking for reasons to bite. Context matters. This particular instance wasn't racist.

I

agree.

@Arcangelo maybe you are a nazi.

i mean hitler liked dogs in a way. but he probably didn’t like them biting - so what is it about biting that is wrong?

Edited by mememe

^Yes, no, maybe. There's no way of knowing for sure...

Maybe being offended is a decision. Isn't it?

The word n****r should be used as freely as the word beaner imo.

9 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

^Yes, no, maybe. There's no way of knowing for sure...

Maybe being offended is a decision. Isn't it?

The word n****r should be used as freely as the word beaner imo.

yeah because in your mother language you probably have much worse discrediting words. i didn’t even know this word for latinos - i don’t know if i would call you „cactus eater“ would that be sth you would dislike?

On 23/01/2022 at 11:35 PM, Preety_India said:

Can you explain this sentence again? 

I did not understand what it meant. Aren't liberals the ones who aren't racist at all? 

No, liberals pretend that not being consciously racist is the same as not being racist or as being anti racist. All people of the world still unconsciously live within the same hierarchy of the European colonisers where white people were put on top. "Color-blindness" is a very Neo-liberal concept for example.

Liberals deceive themselves into thinking that racism is basically over and that there is no racist capitalistic structure operating globally, which unfairly diminishes the economic, social and political power of non white people. This is the real truth and it is not like white people are scheming to do this, it is simply a reality if you look very holistically to history and society. It is being held in place unconsciously by all people in the world, but white people are the most unconscious about it.

Neo-liberals also work tightly with big companies in the west, who outsource to the east, again this way the west tries to keep its dominant power structure over the east. These big companies are substantially responsible for the growing wealth gap and less resources at the bottom.

Of course it all sounds very Marxisty in how I'm speaking and it is, but Marxism is a much more holistic theory than liberalism or libertarianism. 

When talking about class struggle and racism we should always take a big picture view of things. Try to do that with observing society very intricately and maybe you will find out the shocking truth of society yourself.

Edited by Intense

@Intense do you differentiate between SJWs and neo liberals? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 1/23/2022 at 3:55 PM, Preety_India said:

Just because I'm not black doesn't mean that a black person should say whatever they want. Claims of offense need to be reasonable otherwise it's called demonization. 

How is me being black or not black got anything to do with this? 

So a black person can call anyone racist even when they weren't being racist just because they are black? 

Please explain to me how it is offensive when it wasn't meant to be.

Can you give me an explanation of why and how Leo is being offensive here? 

First off I know you're coming from an honest place but it isn't up to you decide what one considers offensive or not. OP has the right to feel offended and voice his concern even if Leo's usage of the word was taken out of context.  

If I were to say something offensive towards any other group it would be incredibly arrogant for me to dictate how they should feel about. Especially if I don't share their unique experience.

With that said I understand Leo's use of the word and its good to see he later apologized. Unfortunately we still live in a society where the wounds of the past and present haven't been completely healed. We still live in a highly racialized world where entire groups of humans have collective trauma. And we have to deeply understand and appreciate this about one another. Its the first step in realizing a world in which the educational use of such offensive words aren't perceived as such. 

1 minute ago, abundance said:

First off I know you're coming from an honest place but it isn't up to you decide what one considers offensive or not. OP has the right to feel offended and voice his concern even if Leo's usage of the word was taken out of context.  

If I were to say something offensive towards any other group it would be incredibly arrogant for me to dictate how they should feel about. Especially if I don't share their unique experience.

With that said I understand Leo's use of the word and its good to see he later apologized. Unfortunately we still live in a society where the wounds of the past and present haven't been completely healed. We still live in a highly racialized world where entire groups of humans have collective trauma. And we have to deeply understand and appreciate this about one another. Its the first step in realizing a world in which the educational use of such offensive words aren't perceived as such. 

I realized and I apologized for it. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

That a certain kind of expression could come across as offensive to a certain group of people is not reason enough to prohibit that from being expressed. Sometimes the truth is offensive to people. Meaning; the offensiveness of a certain expression can only be used, supplementary, as a reason to sound argumentation for prohibition.

The reason for this is that offensiveness is generally quite subjective. Especially when used in a nuanced context.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

8 hours ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

The N word is not minutia.

It's whatever you make it to be.

You remind me of myself at 5 years old where I thought it was okay to spell or point to the bad words without actually saying them (well, maybe not 5, I don't remember exactly, but you get the point), also same as religious blasphemy. You know that I can use the expression "N word" in an offensive manner, right? You know that I can use the word "apple" in an offensive manner too, right?

Grow up and stop being such a baby. Here, I am using the word "baby" in an offensive manner, even though babies are cute and innocent. Handle it.

3 hours ago, Intense said:

No, liberals pretend that not being consciously racist is the same as not being racist or as being anti racist. All people of the world still unconsciously live within the same hierarchy of the European colonisers where white people were put on top. "Color-blindness" is a very Neo-liberal concept for example.

Liberals deceive themselves into thinking that racism is basically over and that there is no racist capitalistic structure operating globally, which unfairly diminishes the economic, social and political power of non white people. This is the real truth and it is not like white people are scheming to do this, it is simply a reality if you look very holistically to history and society. It is being held in place unconsciously by all people in the world, but white people are the most unconscious about it.

Neo-liberals also work tightly with big companies in the west, who outsource to the east, again this way the west tries to keep its dominant power structure over the east. These big companies are substantially responsible for the growing wealth gap and less resources at the bottom.

Of course it all sounds very Marxisty in how I'm speaking and it is, but Marxism is a much more holistic theory than liberalism or libertarianism. 

When talking about class struggle and racism we should always take a big picture view of things. Try to do that with observing society very intricately and maybe you will find out the shocking truth of society yourself.

This post is the most racist thing I've ever read. You're discriminating based on color, while nobody else does, except the ones who share your ideology.

It may be the case that white people are ruling most of the modern world, but who cares? Like, do you honestly think that white rulers/decision-makers actually care about other whites or prefer them over non-whites? Don't you see that everyone is equally cut out of power? Do you believe that if non-white people share the power that you as a non-white person will benefit? Lol. There are countless rich, powerful, and influential non-white people, what did they do to help you? You're just a puppet in the hands of those who fed you this ideology, like most people. Wake up.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Leo Gura thought you should get another black persons opinion (most likely not many of us on the forum or who follow Actualized.org).

Dont take the video down..

I know where you were coming from in being radically honest. Us as Blacks are very sensitive to condescending terminology because we encounter it so much in everyday life..but the work you do is truly inspiring and motivating for us who follow.

@Terell Kirby After seeing the context of the usage, I think his reply was sarcastic lol. 

Edited by Average Investor

11 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

The issue of racism should be looked at less like some sort of "situation by situation stage yellow issue that green does not get". 

Interesting case of prioritizing survival over truth.

It's Love.