Thestarguitarist14

Leo saying the N word in a video

121 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

The racists people will see this as a green light to keep being mindless.

4 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

The racists people will see this as a green light to keep being mindless

But not if they understand the context of the video. Then they would reflect on the hurt caused by the word, hopefully.

Edited by Koeke

6 hours ago, vizual said:

What do you think of black people that use the n-word?

It doesn’t carry the same weight of someone of another race using it in a condescending manner.

The n-word is used among blacks as a term of endearment at times, it’s part of our culture (origins being hip-hop/urban lingo).

It’s not the word itself, it’s the context in which it is being used.

5 hours ago, ArcticGong said:

Black people can be racist too, or tribalistic more specifically, which one would consider below racism. If you following current events, you have maybe noticed that there's a war going on in Ethiopia between ethnic groups. I'm from Africa and there you would notice that the corruption fueled by tribalism retards society more than racism. That's a personal reflection, so yes blacks can be racists too. 

You know what kind of racism that I am talking about…

4 hours ago, Opo said:

White people are not 100% in power. So minority bosses with your mindset can still hurt people. 

Racism has a bigger impact than just employment. 

You are trying to justify your own racism with statistics in the same way conservatives do when they start quoting 15/50. 

Racism is about power and white people have it politically, financially, and socially.  It’s called white privilege and it isn’t going away.

That’s why I can’t be racist.  I could call a white guy a cracker and he’ll laugh while he gets a great job opportunity.  But a white guy being racist towards me could ruin my career easily.

Edited by Thestarguitarist14

5 hours ago, Tim R said:

@bejapuskas And how do you suppose one would generate consent for this?

N-word is never OK, unless you are black or partially black. If some black person then tells you not to call them that, stop, they might have some seriously bad experiences related to it.

i also try to sometimes not call (especially white) nazis with the n-word. (mostly i still do)

unfortunately this is an n-word which never hit the right people. (i hope you can laugh about this and understand this in the context it was meant)

Edited by mememe

The issue of racism should be looked at less like some sort of "situation by situation stage yellow issue that green does not get". 

2 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

It doesn’t carry the same weight of someone of another race using it in a condescending manner.

The n-word is used among blacks as a term of endearment at times, it’s part of our culture (origins being hip-hop/urban lingo).

It’s not the word itself, it’s the context in which it is being used.

So when black people use the word it can be appropriated by context. But when people of other races use the word context doesn't matter any more, it's just racist regardless?

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

2 minutes ago, vizual said:

So when black people use the word it can be appropriated by context. But when people of other races use the word context doesn't matter any more, it's just racist regardless?

Duh.

2 minutes ago, vizual said:

why would you want to use it anyways?

7 minutes ago, mememe said:

why would you want to use it anyways?

I'm not comfortable with the fact that people want to control the usage of language. Especially banning certain words from public vocabulary. Just like I'm not comfortable with groups and institutions are actively pushing to revise history to fit their contemporary agenda. 

That's why I think people of all races should be allowed to use all words. But the usage should be judged by context on a case by case basis. Thus certain expressions and words should not be outright banned, especially not if it only pertains to a certain race or demographic. I will argue for that the usage of the n-word is appropriate by races other than blacks, in certain contexts.

And adding to that, to the meme of this forum; downright banning certain words from usage seems very SD stage blue to me, as it inhibits the free flow of ideas and information.

Edited by vizual

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

5 minutes ago, vizual said:

I'm not comfortable with the fact that people want to control the usage of language. Especially banning certain words from public vocabulary. Just like I'm not comfortable with groups and institutions are actively pushing to revise history to fit their contemporary agenda. 

That's why I think people of all races should be allowed to use all words. But the usage should be judged by context on a case by case basis. Thus certain expressions and words should not be outright banned, especially not if it only pertains to a certain race or demographic. I will argue for that the usage of the n-word is appropriate by races other than blacks, in certain contexts.

And adding to that, to the meme of this forum; downright banning certain words from usage seems very SD stage blue to me, as it inhibits the free flow of ideas and information.

LOL

Don't get hung up on such minutia. Fight where it actually matters.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

41 minutes ago, vizual said:

But when people of other races use the word context doesn't matter any more, it's just racist regardless?

You missed my point, context does matter.

Question not the word itself but what message it is conveying in the larger context ..  and who is conveying that message.

28 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Don't get hung up on such minutia. Fight where it actually matters.

The N word is not minutia.

Kind of ironic how a video called "How to Stop Judging Yourself" spawned a thread full of people judging each other lol

29 minutes ago, EternalForest said:

Kind of ironic how a video called "How to Stop Judging Yourself" spawned a thread full of people judging each other lol

? Do not participate in a stage green debate. Just watch. 

People discrediting others based on skin colour, instead of listening what they have to say... Everything is contextual...

How to fix the context is itself is contextual...No one wins..and everyone is a victim/oppressor or can't speak.

I have already secured the video.

I don't want to lose it.?

9 hours ago, Lyubov said:

it's simple... if you not black you don't say n*****, especially if you from the USA

You don't say it in front of black people. Because you might get killed.

White people nowadays call nizzles (the fact that I censured my self here is ridiculous) to each other regularly.

We are all (and will always be) racists, whether we admit it or not.

1 minute ago, Arcangelo said:

You don't say it in front of black people. Because you might get killed.

White people nowadays call nizzles (the fact that I censured my self here is ridiculous) to each other regularly.

We are all (and will always be) racists, whether we admit it or not.

Just because white people use that word doesn’t make it right.

I turn my eyes away from what I don’t want to see.  As long as they aren’t saying that shit in front of me I don’t care.  But when that seeps out then it’s a problem because it’s clearly apart of your vocabulary when it should not be.

4 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Just because white people use that word doesn’t make it right.

I turn my eyes away from what I don’t want to see.  As long as they aren’t saying that shit in front of me I don’t care.  But when that seeps out then it’s a problem because it’s clearly apart of your vocabulary when it should not be.

So do you want that Leo edits the video?