DocWatts

What are some of the challenges of development that you're struggling with right now?

18 posts in this topic

Thought it might be interesting and helpful to have a thread to discuss the challenges of development.

For me, it's been being in a place of having developed fairly keen meta-awareness of my habitual propensities to judge and criticize conflicting value systems, without being able to fully transcend those habits. Which is a bit of a weird place to be in if I'm being honest, though I suppose it's better than the alternative (going the rest of my life being unaware of this tendency).

While I recognize that I'm pretty good at being open minded about integrating new perspectives into my conceptual system and not inflexibly hitching myself to any one paradigm, I also recognize that I'm still working on integrating aspects of the lower stages so that I can empathize with them more fully (Red in particular in my case).

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Been stuck in Dark Night limbo since March 10th, 2020. Current strategy is to work on worldly foundations (interpersonal and occupational). Then hopefully it's up and out from there.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Being consistent with health commitments and taking action into a more meaningful career.

Just getting motivated to have a normal day where I care for myself and do more than self inquiry.  *rubs eyes*  I need to develop a routine and stick with it.

Right now my biggest struggle is that I wrote an endless amount of concepts and ideas but Its difficult to implement them because I find myself short on energy and time. Also I'm not finding a valid way of implementing my own concepts in my life, it feels there is just too much pending and I haven't got enough time to manage my concepts, it is making me upset and anxious because I don't want my conceptual hard work to simply stay on paper like an incomplete Unfinished dream. I want to actually use all these concepts and bring radical changes in life. 

I'm constantly falling sick, my health is shitty, and my discipline is absurd, plus constantly dealing with family issues never leaves me any room or time to actually get things done 

As a result I'm frustrated. It feels like I am a movie director wrote the whole plot or storyline for my movie but my movie is not going into production and is constantly suffering delays due to silly reasons sabotaging it. That's how I feel. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Connection, like real face to face connection that’s not a therapist, or a work one, or a friend that just wants me to take are of them, lol covid is not helping.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

12 hours ago, QQQ said:

Pulling my finger out and diving deep into systems thinking; have been resisting it for some time now as I know where the rabbit hole leads.

Letting go of thoughts; I'm aware of the construct of reality through thoughts, but letting go of them is tricker than I anticipated. I was hoping to find 'who I am' without psychedelics, but it may be the thing that will help me 'see the other side' and 'breakthrough'.

integrate a solid healthy green and thinking won't be trap whole

@DocWatts Reframing the things I am conditioned to value as in what I actually get out of them.

Also I never really lived a 'human life' or participated in anything growing up and am pretty unsocialized and find it hard to understand what the fuck is going on most of the time, trying to balance that with my tendency to do everything in black and white has been hard.

I dunno, staying aligned with truth despite the feelings that come up.

Some parts of me are like running windows 98 and I really have to upgrade them bitchez

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Recovering from being a hermit due to COVID and getting independence and autonomy.

It feels like I struggle with everything. Having infinite fountain of new ideas, interests, and a habit of investing a lot of time planning stuff, but not being able to consistently stick to anything would probably be a descriptive summary.

3 minutes ago, Rainy Sparkle said:

It feels like I struggle with everything. Having infinite fountain of new ideas, interests, and a habit of investing a lot of time planning stuff, but not being able to consistently stick to anything would probably be a descriptive summary.

why rainy sparkle?

1 minute ago, Windappreciator said:

why rainy sparkle?

I'm not quite sure what you mean with that. :/

7 minutes ago, Rainy Sparkle said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean with that. :/

whats the state  behind that name for you

20 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

whats the state  behind that name for you

Oh okay! Not anything extremely deep. It just feels magical to me. The rain has some nice ambiance to it and I enjoy it many ways. : )

Wanted to start my own thread on this issue but I guess here is fine.

How to deal with self fulfilling prophecy paranoia while overcoming your fears?

When I am facing my fears and accepting and loving the 'worst' outcome it feels in that moment as if I am letting it happen. As if I am asking for trouble.

Level 1 example would be my fear of flying. When I am trying to accept the possibility of a crash and just be ok with it.

More advanced example is when during psychodelic meditation. In the moment of complete peace a sneaky though comes in that someone might break into my house and that I should be alert. Instead of trying to ignore this thought I am inviting it and trying to accept it and face this fear but then self fulfilling prophecy paranoia comes in.

So there are 2 possible solutions. Either I am not facing my fears in a proper way or I dont really understand how self fulfilling prophecy works.

This really halts my progress every time. Can I safely Imagine worst outcomes in vivid fashion without wishing for them?

19 hours ago, Rainy Sparkle said:

Oh okay! Not anything extremely deep. It just feels magical to me. The rain has some nice ambiance to it and I enjoy it many ways. : )

^_^