ShardMare

I cant laugh, cry or show emotions

26 posts in this topic

Its hard for me to laugh and react to things. Ive been diagnosed with depression. I have emotionall numbness.

I dont feel that therapy or talking with a psychologist would help.

I think screaming or shaking my body, being agressive would work. What elliot hulse does- bioenergetics. Or if i know well dynamic meditation by osho would work?

I also want to run a lot because thats just gets my heart pumping. U guys know exercises that can release trauma or trapped feelings?

How can i make myself cry? 

13 minutes ago, ShardMare said:

I think screaming or shaking my body, being agressive would work. What elliot hulse does- bioenergetics. Or if i know well dynamic meditation by osho would work?

then do it

13 minutes ago, ShardMare said:

I also want to run a lot because thats just gets my heart pumping. U guys know exercises that can release trauma or trapped feelings?

How can i make myself cry? 

lots of strenght training should work

2 hours ago, ShardMare said:

I dont feel that therapy or talking with a psychologist would help

ThinkBelieve

‘Therapy or talking with a psychologist’ is not felt, is not feeling. 

You are very much already feeling. What you are feeling is powerlessness and insecurity. Some people just talk to a therapist or whoever, and you’re aware of this, and jealousy feels way better than powerlessness & insecurity. There is something you can do about it. You can do what other people do, which works. If you talk to someone sincerely, express what you really are feeling, you definitely gonna cry and experience a lot of release & relief. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@ShardMare yes those things help you to 'feel good' but i've found to truly understand why you suffer will bring you far fruition than relief.

as in WHY do you suffer, why do we humans suffer so much? the fundamentals of life, how reality functions etc

a question i would ask myself is - what have I avoided feeling in the past? what have i tried so hard not to feel and why was i doing that, what was i running away from inside of me, has it ever left? i know you are seeking relief right now from the pain of numbness but you have to go beyond the seeking to see with more clarity what is exactly creating this state for yourself

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Don’t force yourself to feel. Just be with your numbness. 

"You Create Magic" 

2 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Don’t force yourself to feel. Just be with your numbness. 

nubness is a pretty agonising state

Chat with @flume, her support has helped me get over a lot of numbness and suppressed emotional emotions that have been holding me back since I was a kid. I can personally vouch for this to be an extremely effective method. 

Talking therapy is useless and in most cases a complete waste of time. ALtering brain chemistry with SSRIs works only temporarily, eventually giving you even more numbness. In the end, deep work has to be done if true healing is to occur. 

Additionally doing 30 minutes of any sort of exercise first thing in the morning can help you as well. Read "Spark" by J.J.Ratey to understand how exercise can help with depression or anxieties. The heart pumping of exercise is not the same process as when anxiety kicks in. You can retrain your amygdala (the fear driving brain centre)  to learn to be comfortable with that feeling of exercise induce heart pumping and in fact it can help the brain  and in fact it helps to reinforce new brain pathways which is essential when you're trying to break old patterns of thinking. 

But of course without deep work, exercise alone won't do it. Together though along with tinkering with diet and maybe some herbs or supplements, one can heal profoundly

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 but what type of deep work? 

@Nahm i feel but only numbness. There is nothing wrong with this feeling. But its not healthy to only feel this way. 

I have to experience other emotions

@Nahm because a healthy person laughs, cries without trying. He regularly experiences different emotions. I want it. 

@Nahm i dont feel nothing. But i should be feelinf jealous or needy since i wrote about what other people do and i wrote i want it.

But i dont feel nothing. I just wrote something

@ShardMare @Medhansh

5 hours ago, ShardMare said:

but what type of deep work?

Check out my posts on healing:

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@ShardMare Yo dude I'd look into depersonalisation, alexithymia, and r/CPTSD (reddit).

I'd also recommend:

IFS

Getting a trauma-informed therapist who does IFS therapy

Doing Jay Earley's IFS workbook

Move on from toxic people in your life (Dr Ramani's Youtube channel is useful for identifying toxic relationships)

I've been where you are for around 5 years now, and this is the best I've come up with so far.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback