Frosty97

My Brother Not Convinced About Taking Psychedelics. How can I persuade him?

21 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

My brother says most illegal substances are not good for most people.

And says DMT can cause harm

How can I persuade him to do psychedelics with me?

I am God. I am Love. I am Infinity. I am Frosty97.

If he really doesn't want to do them and you keep pushing him, it says more about you than it does about him.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Please don't pressure or persuade anyone into taking psychedelics. Imagine if your brother has a trainwreck trip and psychosis, and it was because you persuaded or pressured him to do something he didn't feel a calling for. The furthest I would go is talking about your own experience, then if they get interested and want to try, cool. Then it is out of their own curiosity and desire to explore that area.

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

2 hours ago, Frosty97 said:

Don't?

Hell, people are scared of doing psychedelics even if they want to do them!? Don't try to manipulate your brother into doing them with you, if you want to do them, please, go ahead, but don't go around preaching the benefits of them to people who are not interested.

Your brother is an aspect of you. So if there is something you want to change in him: There is a big chance that it is your own ways you want to change. Your brother is just a projection of you own self. So maybe there is something you want to prove to yourself?

3 hours ago, Frosty97 said:

He is not wrong. Most people are not ready for this stuff. There is a fine line between mentally unstable, because you realized through tickling God’s Consciousness within you.  (Taking Psychedelics as fun things to do, or giving to other people who are not ready for it)

Versus, actually choosing the pathless path yourself, Consciously. And choosing to use these tools as help for yourself, along the journey. 

The human psyche is very fragile and delicate. Its like a very thin wineglass: All it takes is a small change in temperature, or a high frequency voice close to it: To shatter it in to pieces.   

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

Don't push people to do drugs :/

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 hours ago, Frosty97 said:

Don't.

Mahadev

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Don't push people to do drugs :/

Well yeah

7 hours ago, Frosty97 said:

@Leo Gura

First of all DMT can cause harm. Treat it like any other extremely powerful tool. 

However if yous are Gona use it safely then maybe a few of his reservations could be stemming from any one or number of the following paths of reasoning;

- they're bound to be illegal for a reason.

- what happens isint real therefore there is nothing tangible to be gained from tripping.

- it's fake.

For the first one, why are cigarettes not illegal...when the entire government clearly knows 50% of smokers die of something smoking related...if all bad things were illegal, wouldn't alcohol and cigarettes be outlawed even though they're obviously bad. Government cares about money not truth. Also psychedelics aren't illegal in a bunch of countries. Also doctors use illegal drugs, diluted forms.lf heroin.

Secondly, a basic understanding of perceptions will grant you the logical conclusion that what is happening is real if your experienceing it. Otherwise how could you experience it? Like if I was to say my night time dream last night wasn't real, yes it was...I experienced it. It wasn't physical but it was real.

I suppose that also cover the "it's fake" reservation. 

You also gotta remember that some people just follow the herd and plainly aren't interested in truth. Some people are just wrong and they'll just stay like that haha, and you can't do much. The only thing you could do in that situation would be to spike their coffee with LSD and force truth on them...but that wouldn't be cool haha

If he's just scared give him the tiniest starting dose ever

Edited by Aaron p

@Frosty97

Love is to let people do whatever they want and maybe help them on their journey.

Devilry is to think that you know better what someone else wants. 

Who told you that "others" are real?

@Frosty97

11 hours ago, Frosty97 said:

@Leo Gura

Big mistake trying to persuade him. If he doesn't want to, he doesn't want to. You have to willingly want to take psychedelics for personal development, getting manipulated into the decision, forced into it, can result in a very high chance of a bad trip, and your brother will forever blame you for putting him in such a psychotic state of being. It's not worth trying to get people and force them to do it.

He does not deserve psychedelics.

Don't cast pearls before swine.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Bro I discovered this whole field of psychedelics it is literaly unbelievable bro wanna try it sometimes?" 

"Nah bro I don't feel it bro there's like dangers about it I heard bro I am not comfortable or interested."

"No problem bro I'm just so excited about it bro anyway what are you up to?" 

Sailing on the ceiling 

They can cause harm, such as PTSD symptoms. I have not used in a long time, I still think about this shit daily. This enrire pursuit is worthless. When the self dies, either on drugs or physically dies, everything and everyone is equal. You are equal to the "swine" who refused to take illusion shattering drugs and got to enjoy an 80 year long dream.

This is kind of atrocious. Do not try to persuade people to do psychedelics. Notice I did not call you atrocious though. Don’t take offense. I’m speaking on the line of thinking alone. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

25 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Notice I did not call you atrocious though.

Well... did you really? ;)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Don't be a hero, no one needs to be saved. Better your brother goes on his own path than resent you for trying to impose what you think is right on him.

What I do in these cases is send links to articles that talk about psychedelics, documentaries about mushrooms, etc. although so far no one did ...normal, either you feel the call, or you're not going to do something like that.