ShardMare

Do most people enjoy living?

120 posts in this topic

I'd say most people go through periods of happiness and then unhappiness. Can last weeks or even years. There are some unfortunate people who are unhappy for most of their lives. And of course some who are genuinely happy all the time without it being a facade. 

I can acknowledge a baseline level of happiness within myself 99% of the time where I recognize I have it pretty good. But I'm still susceptible to having low days where I I feel discontentment. Even acknowledging why it's there doesn't help in those moments, I just have to sort of feel it and let it pass. 

Edited by kamwalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thought Art Just curious if you were 20 again what would you do different would have taken your music passion more "serious" or spent that time building survival skills?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2022 at 11:16 AM, Leo Gura said:

What's funny is that many normies can be pretty happy with life.

If your ambitions are low it's not hard to be happy. Get a stable job, go to church, have some kids, watch Netflix, play video games, eat junk food, drink beer, watch porn, go to football games, hang out with your dumb likeminded friends, hate-watch your opposing political party. Live unconsciously. Life is pretty good.

It might be good, but not the best way to live life, right? 


Procrastination = Lack of clarity

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” — George Leonard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2022 at 5:52 AM, Thought Art said:

Living a slave job for the next 50 years and not having a way out isn’t something I’m gonna endure. I’m literally trapped in a prison.

If things don't work out for you. You could still do something like:

Working a slave job 2 months a year in a high income country.

Living in a hippie community in the Amazon 10 months a year. There you can chill and enjoy simple life and work on your music career or become a qi gong teacher or whatever. Everything online. Shooting vids while in the jungle and then uploading in the next village.

Last year I was in Colombia for six months. I spent 3 months living in a beautiful small village and for my small apartment plus food I paid around 150€ a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/01/2022 at 3:46 AM, Leo Gura said:

What's funny is that many normies can be pretty happy with life.

If your ambitions are low it's not hard to be happy. Get a stable job, go to church, have some kids, watch Netflix, play video games, eat junk food, drink beer, watch porn, go to football games, hang out with your dumb likeminded friends, hate-watch your opposing political party. Live unconsciously. Life is pretty good.

Ironically, strong religion and strong family are some of the best predictors of happiness.

Leo, should I prioritise my happiness or my ambition? I am finding it difficult to synthesize both these goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Vision i dont think its bad. Everybody lives as their development. It takes time for everybody to move "forward". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read a study about when people feel very existentially lonely (very aware that you can't experience exactly what it's like to be me and vice versa) then they feel lower levels of meaning in life... BUT then when they experience a "mystical experience" - like ego-dissolution from psychedelics - then they feel life has meaning unaffected by their level of existential loneliness  - so the loneliness doesn't stop but it just doesn't equal meaninglessness for them anymore. 

Okay but that wasn't my point. My point was that the authors then reflected on some people just having low levels of existential loneliness -  and therefore high levels of meaning, without ever having had a mystical experience. - I remembered it in relation to this because the authors suggested this to be a life of "blissful ignorance in regard to existential concerns"

So my point is - yea most people enjoy life at some level I think because they are in such a state of blissful ignorance. It's like in the bible. Don't eat the fucking apples. Right? But then again. Maybe it's like a fairytale that starts happy, then goes into the darkness and challenges, and you kind of wish you never left home, but then the story ends and you become more happy than you ever could have imagined before. 

So most people are happy on some level but not compared to how happy they maybe could end up being if they dared to let go of their happiness? 

I don't know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2022 at 1:14 PM, Terell Kirby said:

So true. Most folks in developed countries are ungrateful .. thus leading to immense mental, physical, spiritual and emotional suffering. 

Not ungrateful. I think a lot of it stems from us being a lot more individualistic and disconnected from community. 

When you're in poorer country, you may not have luxeries but you do have each other and very strong social network. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Forgive me for talking in this way, but one can sense anyone's aura to gauge their sense of freedom.

Most people I engage with have some kind of static within them. It is known as "fundamental dissatisfaction".
Like a low vibratory state. They often say they are happy or at least content with life, but there are so many things that provoke their static. Like a puppet on strings. If unprovoked, they can maintain a relative happiness within trivial thoughts.

I am not completely immune of this.
 

Edited by Rokazulu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't stress about your age guys, just take care of your body. Like look at Elon, he's 50, and he's rolling with the 20 year olds. And he looks 30. He might actually look better at 50 than he did when he was 25. So yeah, just take of your bodies, and you're good. 


What is " The Nature Of Knowledge?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sine i think if people would try psychedelics or do lucid dreaming or any kind of stuff that is new to them. Or something that just gets them memories of the past or help them become feel like a kid again would help. Or just become a monk or live in a hippie community for few years would be interesting for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2022 at 9:08 PM, GreenWoods said:

If things don't work out for you. You could still do something like:

Working a slave job 2 months a year in a high income country.

Living in a hippie community in the Amazon 10 months a year. There you can chill and enjoy simple life and work on your music career or become a qi gong teacher or whatever. Everything online. Shooting vids while in the jungle and then uploading in the next village.

Last year I was in Colombia for six months. I spent 3 months living in a beautiful small village and for my small apartment plus food I paid around 150€ a month.

Thats a good idea! Do you know any hippie communites, or which village in Colombia was it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bliss54 said:

Thats a good idea! Do you know any hippie communites, or which village in Colombia was it?

The village was San Agustín. 

I don't know any hippie communities, except maybe the rainbow crystal land in Colombia. It's close to San Agustín. I think you can live there for free but it's probably expected to help a bit in the community like planting trees. From what I've heard there are very few people living there currently. 

https://ecovillage.org/project/welcome-home/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone would enjoy infinite bliss more than life.  Just depends what you compare life to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is about mind control. Can you discipline your mind? Can you derive joy from the mundane tasks? Do you have strong vibes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, hyruga said:

It is about mind control. Can you discipline your mind? Can you derive joy from the mundane tasks? Do you have strong vibes?

A big part of enjoying life is accepting its material, boring, mundane, repetitive, thankless, meaningless, ness


"Every spark of friendship and love will die without a home...Hear the soldier grown 'We'll go it alone!'" Intervention -Arcade Fire 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/01/2022 at 2:22 AM, ShardMare said:

For real?

Dont look at people who live in africa and cant eat, people who have serious diseases, homeless people etc. People who already have a hard time enjoying life

Look at it through average persons

In % how would you rate it? 

I think 70% dont enjoy living 30%do but maybe im false

@ShardMare most peoples hearts just need healing, everyone else is just deluded. True story.

Happiness is literally not more complicated than that, the whole world is just confused about reality, so they swap and change beliefs to match what their bias is for the day to feel a sense of consistency that if they didn't have they'd fall apart just like the world has this tendency because the world as a whole hasn't learned to manage that confusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ll Ontology ll said:

@ShardMare most peoples hearts just need healing, everyone else is just deluded. True story.

Happiness is literally not more complicated than that, the whole world is just confused about reality, so they swap and change beliefs to match what their bias is for the day to feel a sense of consistency that if they didn't have they'd fall apart just like the world has this tendency because the world as a whole hasn't learned to manage that confusion. 

Woah, that was written so to the point, I agree 100 percent dude.


⊱⊱⊰⊰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loba said:

Woah, that was written so to the point, I agree 100 percent dude.

Thanks dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now