ShardMare

Do most people enjoy living?

119 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

It’s jealousy

Damn, pretty cool you could tell 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao

I know / see it because I feel it too. Jealousy’s a good feeling. I know, takes a minute to ‘get there’, to accept that, but it is. It has a lot to do with outlook, consciously focusing on wanted, looking forward to things & allowing them to come. I saw someone driving an adult sized go kart recently and felt the ol’ ‘I want that!’. Right now I’m using youtube to fix a pellet fireplace… which I’m going to sell online, and use the money to buy a go kart. ?? Just an example, maybe helpful. Wish me luck as I have no idea what I’m doing. Thank God for Youtube lol. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

59 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Thought Art

You don’t know how to handle doubt, because intense discordant thoughts about a separate self arise and cloud. Doubt is an emotion and is the discord of those self referential thoughts. But you’re not quite listening. How loud must the background hum of happiness, of this universe you are being, get? 

The way to hold oneself in disappointment, overwhelment & frustration is to refuse to admit and express, that you are feeling those emotions, in regard to what you’re thinking. 

The discord and the hum are guidance. But you’re still being a bit ornery, stubborn, and hard headed about beliefs. 

But I am admitting. I’m not sure I understand you.

I feel a wide range of emotions in different contexts. When it comes to money, career and success I haven’t had a real taste of it yet and there’s a lot of pain to work through in this area. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art

You’re framing the discord of doubt as if it were do to something external or something against you which you are facing. Essentially, “If this doesn’t work I’m throwing in the towel”. It is that thinking which is discordant. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Here in Sweden there is two type of Swedish people, summer swedes and winter swedes. In the summer are people generally happier, because many are off from work. I kind of oversimplified it, but there’s something to it. 

Edited by ArcticGong

23 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Thought Art

You’re framing the discord of doubt as if it were do to something external or something against you which you are facing. Essentially, “If this doesn’t work I’m throwing in the towel”. It is that thinking which is discordant. 

I think I understand. I’m my biggest obstacle in all this.

◭"89"

24 minutes ago, ArcticGong said:

Here in Sweden there is to type of Swedish people, summer swedes and winter swedes. In the summer are people generally happier, because many are off from work. I kind of oversimplified it, but there’s something to it. 

well it's also obviously the sun is out in summer and it's warmer, winter is dark and cold

that's the case in many colder european countries that people are more relaxed in summer

24 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Thought Art

Nope. You’re still doing that exact same thing there. ?

? I feel how I feel ?‍♂️  when it comes to external success I have no reference experiences of being very successful sustainably over a long period. In order to grow there’s gonna be ups and downs.

need to clean up my body, mind and spirit and keep doing so. Gotta stop losing money on dumb stuff like expensive courses 

And yeah, I don’t wanna just sit around in a boring mediocre existence. So, if there’s an obstacle… which there currently is then it’s me. Always has been me. But, then obviously I’m the solution. I’m not talking about simply enjoying being here. I want money and success. 

I want to continue to be a better friend to myself as well, more wise, strategic and creative. I don’t wanna settle. But, there are obstacles and if there wasn’t I wouldn’t be feeling as I do I would be otherwise. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

7 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

well it's also obviously the sun is out in summer and it's warmer, winter is dark and cold

that's the case in many colder european countries that people are more relaxed in summer

Your right, but funny things is that when Scandinavian people immigrated to North America, most people concentrated on places that has similar weather. 

I see a lot of people talking about how people in third world countries are happier but I live in a third world country and I don't think that's the case at all, especially amongst younger people. Also just to clarify third world countries don't just consist of people living in small villages and being hunter gatherers like some people here seem to think, a lot of these places are just regular cities but shittier and with more social inequality

Also of course we think of our living conditions and don't just "focus on surviving", we're human too lol

15 hours ago, kieranperez said:

That’s creepy af 

Its true, my father was around 46 I think, went to canary islands and this young hot Girl (she probably was around 20, not more) just wanted to go with him to his hotel.

You have take into consideration Girls find usually attractive experience, older guys, etc

12 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I know in my heart my music is powerful. People were sending me thank yous, fan mail, telling me they would listen to my live streams for hours over and over again.

@Thought Art Bro I want to hear your music

@Nahm I don’t hate people. Anyway, if that’s how you feel.

With regards to my earlier posts… I don’t wanna be 50 years old thinking “wow, I really wasted all my opportunities for success”. 

So, I’m getting my butt in gear. Other people might be fine with that but I’m not. I’m going to figure something out. Or die.

I’ve got this life and I’m going to honour it. 

1. Develop good mental health

2. Develop healthy finances 

3. Develop healthy relationships 

4. Develop big picture thinking 

5. Develop a meaningful career that has a positive impact on the world

But, it’s a slow slow slow process. I have no idea what will happen. My past has taught me things take a long time to build and can collapse very quickly. I can’t get too attached. But, I want success. I want it! 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I'd say most people go through periods of happiness and then unhappiness. Can last weeks or even years. There are some unfortunate people who are unhappy for most of their lives. And of course some who are genuinely happy all the time without it being a facade. 

I can acknowledge a baseline level of happiness within myself 99% of the time where I recognize I have it pretty good. But I'm still susceptible to having low days where I I feel discontentment. Even acknowledging why it's there doesn't help in those moments, I just have to sort of feel it and let it pass. 

Edited by kamwalker