SonataAllegro

Give me ideas for a philosophy paper!

14 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm writing for a philosophy essay competition. What are some topics you'd suggest writing about? It can be on any subject; logic, metaphysics, epistemology, ethics, aesthetics, history of philosophy, politics, etc.

I want to drop some truth bombs that I've learned from actualized.org but in a way that won't give the reader an existential crisis (if possible).

Thanks!

I can only suggest what I would do.  I would write about the New Animism, Pachamama, and the Andean world view.   The indigenous world view has been historically denigrated and considered inferior by Western academics and organized western religion, but in reality is now humanities only hope of survival.  

The New Animism
https://brill.com/view/journals/mtsr/32/2/article-p115_2.xml?language=en

Latin America - Pachamamism
https://journals.openedition.org/poldev/2351

Vincit omnia Veritas.

You intend to just copy paste stuff you’ve learned from Actualized.org? 

Maybe that’s the wrong interpretation of your post, but just something to keep in mind. 

10 minutes ago, Dryas said:

You intend to just copy paste stuff you’ve learned from Actualized.org? 

Maybe that’s the wrong interpretation of your post, but just something to keep in mind. 

Haha no. I meant that I would draw upon insights that actualized helped me come to in answering some question. But not necessarily quote Leo directly or copy his intellectual property.

One philosophical concept I always find fun to think about is the idea of free will.

Do we choose our actions or are our actions selected by the environment? 

Edited by SgtPepper

What aspect of philosophy are you interested in? Moral philosophy? Epistemology? Metaphysics?

Was there a particular philosopher you had an interest in? Maybe there's a novel implication of thier work you could articulate?

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

1 hour ago, SonataAllegro said:

Haha no. I meant that I would draw upon insights that actualized helped me come to in answering some question. But not necessarily quote Leo directly or copy his intellectual property.

I see. I think maybe you should look into doing something related to epistemology and/or truth-seeking. 

@SonataAllegro

The thing is not the topic itself, but the way tou present it.

Learn to guide reader on it's adventure reading your essay. If you don't leave anything for your reader to think about he/she most likely won't like it. Essays aren't meant to measure your knowledge that much, but your capacity of holistic thinking and if Actualized.org member cannot do that then who. Also what no one tells you is that the way you write matters. They say that it's all about content in essays, but if you sound smart to the person reading it you are most likely to get better grade.

If you write about topic that you are actually interested your passion, feelings and happiness will shine in it. Judges are people so they do have problems in their life and if you can somehow impact positively on their thought patterns they will start to love your writing.

Also learn to write in parts where you first tell basic things about the subject you are going to present then you will deepen it and in the end you should have some kind of conclusion. Know what is the message you want to give, because without it you will sidetrack and your speech, conversation or in this case essay will lack consistency.

Happy writings bro <3

Who told you that "others" are real?

Education should be perceived as something very valuable and expensive, otherwise non-students will stop trying to study well. Education in bad countries is inexpensive, but its quality is much worse. If you have any difficulties with writing an essay, then contact these guys  https://www.customessaymeister.com/apa-paper-writing-service.html . These are qualified writers who will help you create a great essay. As for the cost of education, if education becomes very cheap, then even the dregs of society will go to colleges.

read the book obstacle is the way by ryan holiday and copy paste it and add masala to it

I'd delve into critical theory. You can talk a lot about reification and alienation in the light of Leo's teaching on here

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Personally, I’d want to do one on the philosophy of competition and how silly it is to compete through philosophy.

But that probably wouldn’t go so well.

DO THIS:

When I hear Philosophy and Competition this comes to my mind. The debate culture of the Tibetian monks and the Jewish Tora debate culture. 

Tibet Tour Highlight: Tibetan Monk Debate

Little Monks Debate on Buddhist Philosophy