Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Authority - “The Bible is the absolute truth”

55 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, At awe said:

@Thought Art I think it’s worth contemplating: To whom? Why? What is a belief? What is a value of a belief? Etc. 

Yes, for all of us.

For example, if I believe if you don't believe what I believe you will be eternally damned.. How does that help society? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? How does such a belief cause suffering?

I understand and have long contemplated what beliefs are. That is the point of this thread. Seeing this guy tell people all this stuff is feed for my contemplation.

I know for a lot of Christians they probably enjoy sensing they are intelligent, chosen, on the right side, in the know, saved. But, it divides society and makes it the chosen and loved vs the ignorant and the doomed.

Jesus, imo would never do that.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Yes, for all of us.

For example, if I believe if you don't believe what I believe you will be eternally damned.. How does that help society? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? How does such a belief cause suffering?

I understand and have long contemplated what beliefs are. That is the point of this thread. Seeing this guy tell people all this stuff is feed for my contemplation.

I know for a lot of Christians they probably enjoy sensing they are intelligent, chosen, on the right side, in the know, saved. But, it divides society and makes it the chosen and loved vs the ignorant and the doomed.

Yes. Like believing you are doomed to suffer because you are stuck beliving in life or your selfhood or ego or tought of being "I". While me on the other hand believing my experience and beliefs reflect the whole truth and are not simply beliefs, they are reality.

People also use Leo's word as authority, I see people are totez on board with energy shooting out of his fingertips like fuckin' Raiden and telepathy.

I think 5-MeO-DMT reveals THE truth, so he is a great prophet. But, better to gain your own experience.

44 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

People also use Leo's word as authority, I see people are totez on board with energy shooting out of his fingertips like fuckin' Raiden and telepathy.

I think 5-MeO-DMT reveals THE truth, so he is a great prophet. But, better to gain your own experience.

First off, don't give anyone your authority

Second off, I too have shot energy out of my finger tips soooo I don't doubt Leos experience.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

25 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

First off, don't give anyone your authority

Second off, I too have shot energy out of my finger tips soooo I don't doubt Leos experience.

If I thought I shot lightning out of my fingers, and not only did I have the experience of having done so, but it actually shot out across "consensus" reality, I'd want to prove it to myself.

All experience is 100% real in the sense that experience "is". It's quite different when making claims beyond, that you have altered the fabric of the entire dream... As you know ofc I could hallucinate a million bucks under my bed, and there is NO QUESTION the appearance of a million bucks is real. But I probably could not take that million bucks into a store and spend it. I don't think I could completely alter the fabric of this dream in that way.

@RMQualtrough Yea? 

Moving a little bit of energy with your hand isn't that big of a deal.

Not sure what a million bucks has to do with what we are talking about.

I tipped over a bin... Qi is real. Don't know how it works at that level yet but I've done it once when I knocked over that bin. Most of my Qi work though is more for healing and charging up, clearing my Tan Tians.

Not saying people can just fly objects around the room but you can do some cool stuff with Qi.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Yes, for all of us.

Sure.

But this “I’ve got it right” or “I know how the world should look like” attitude goes way deeper. Try to take that away from an ego.  

5 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@RMQualtrough Yea? 

I tipped over a bin... Qi is real. Don't know how it works at that level yet but I've done it once when I knocked over that bin. Most of my Qi work though is more for healing and charging up, clearing my Tan Tians.

Not saying people can just fly objects around the room but you can do some cool stuff with Qi.

I just think of that old dude getting his ass beat while trying to shoot fireballs from his palms like Street Fighter, or the type of people James Randi went after.

The issue with this topic is that , you don't really know 100% if it is true that there is one God who created it all and that he has revealed himself to different prophets through thousands of years, I would say that there is one Infinite God, which has no limits, but this is not a nothing as in a void or an impersonal nothingness.

The bible is a special book and should not be dismissed just with a hand wave, that's pretty arrogant, especially when the actual book goes back thousands of years and it is a red thread in the whole book, God used prophets to communicate and made him self known.

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you’” (Exodus 3:14).

Then Jesus comes along and says :

Truly, truly, (D)I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never (E)see death.” 52 The Jews said to him, “Now we know that you have a demon! (F)Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet (G)you say, ‘If anyone keeps my word, he will never (H)taste death.’ 53 (I)Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Who do you make yourself out to be?” 54 Jesus answered, (J)“If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. (K)It is my Father who glorifies me, (L)of whom you say, ‘He is our God.’[a] 55 But (M)you have not known him. (N)I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be (O)a liar (P)like you, but I do know him and I keep his word. 56 (Q)Your father Abraham (R)rejoiced (S)that he would see my day. (T)He saw it and was glad.” 57 So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”[b] 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, (U)  I AM.

This God , this I AM , is not some impersonal force, or Brahman , or the Void of nothingness.

Its the personal God who : I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

God created ex nihilo, out of nothing, there was not eternal matter or anything else besides God, and neither was the Universe, so this is not panentheism, the universe is contingent if we go the philosophical route, something transcends it and brings it into being.

Also one important quote is this from Paul in Romans :

Romans 1:20, KJV: "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

How could Jesus see that Abraham rejoiced? When Jesus wasnt born yet, and yet he appeared to Abraham.

Also one interesting thing is that, the Christian tradition have produced alot of saints who lay down their life for this cause or did good things in the community.

Also check out hesychasm ( to keep stillness ) which the Eastern Orthodox Church used to reach God, it is prayer and a gathering of the mind in order to reach Theosis ( Making Divine ), becoming deified.

The Greek and Eastern fathers of the Church is a profound insight into mysticism and theosis, especially the monks of Mount Athos and St Gregory Palamas and Gregory of Nyssa and St Symeon the new theologian and Pseudo-dionysius the areopagite. 

And you have the desert fathers from egypt and so forth, Christian tradition has it ALL, but I only read the eastern fathers and the orthodox church, the others is not that interesting, but there is some profound Western mystics as well , Nicholas of Cusa , St John of the Cross , St Teresa of Avila etc, and you have one of the greatest philosophers of all time in thr Christian tradition which teachings holds to this day, St Thomas Aquinas.

There is a gold mine within the tradition, thats why I recommend the orthodox teachings and the eastern fathers.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

10 hours ago, Khan 0 said:

If you say L-i-f-e it is duality my friend. Non duality is everything is it, therefore there is no everything (car, life etc). Just it. Which is the source Now. You guys are conceptualizing the truth. Specially, if you think krishanamurti is wrong you guys are stuck in life which is duality. Thats how complicated ego is. Therefore you guys are still goes back between belief and ideas. It is super funny that when you say life (you name and label ) you talk about it is non duality. It is not. Non duality is everything is nothing, therefore there is no such a thing as everything just nothing. Therefore now is the source and before birth. But it is totally normal. You guys are still trying to catch the ox. It will take some time. Empty your cup. 

668851B4-C2CF-44AB-A52D-07177EA179D6.jpeg

If everything is nothing and it's non-dual, what is it that believes that others are wrong and it is right? Isn't that a duality?

13 hours ago, Khan 0 said:

Now is the source. But if you are happy of course stay in the illisuon, sooner or later “you” drops and get it. You are already what you are. Peace! 

25 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

If everything is nothing and it's non-dual, what is it that believes that others are wrong and it is right? Isn't that a duality?

Definitely. That's the reason why I said the above. What I said is just the Truth. However for so called people death is exist for them therefore there is such a thing as right or wrong for them. However not. The funny thing is even ı say these stuff, drink water or sleep, or be silence everything is nothing. Therefore, question can come up why do talk to people if everyone is already enlightened? İt is because, is identical with not to talk to people too. 

Edited by Khan 0

20 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

Definitely. That's the reason why I said the above. What I said is just the Truth. However for so called people death is exist for them therefore there is such a thing as right or wrong for them. However not. The funny thing is even ı say these stuff, drink water or sleep, or be silence everything is nothing. Therefore, question can come up why do talk to people if everyone is already enlightened? İt is because, is identical with not to talk to people too. 

Ah yes! However to me it seems like Truth, as an objective truth, makes less sense and truth as a subjective one more sense. Truth is not truth until it has been realized. So do we talk about truth as Truth or truth as truth? ?

48 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Truth is not truth until it has been realized.

Definetely.

49 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

So do we talk about truth as Truth or truth as truth?

İf the realization of Truth happened, we can talk the truth as truth or Truth as Truth. Because everythin is it. A and B is identical and only way to be identical is there is no such a thing as A and B. All there is just the Truth.

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@RMQualtrough Yea? 

3 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

I just think of that old dude getting his ass beat while trying to shoot fireballs from his palms like Street Fighter, or the type of people James Randi went after.

Lmao I have Chi tatted on me and I am still waiting on the powers 

I acted like Cary Grant for so long, I became Cary Grant. – Cary Grant

14 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

İf the realization of Truth happened, we can talk the truth as truth or Truth as Truth.

Is there such a thing as Truth though? It seems to me that anything defined as Truth is based on a thought.

17 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

Because everythin is it. A and B is identical and only way to be identical is there is no such a thing as A and B. All there is just the Truth.

Yes! It seems like the duality of "A and B" or "A or B" collapse until it's all truth. but then what is there to say about it, it seems to me there's only things to say when truth is in opposition to something else which isn't completely truth.

1 minute ago, WelcometoReality said:

Is there such a thing as Truth though? It seems to me that anything defined as Truth is based on a thought.

Not knowing makes the puzzle complete. Because, as before birth, deep sleep and so called thoughtlesness. Because there is no such a thing as thinking. Nothing has never happened. we are always where we are and what we are. 

4 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yes! It seems like the duality of "A and B" or "A or B" collapse until it's all truth. but then what is there to say about it, it seems to me there's only things to say when truth is in opposition to something else which isn't completely truth.

Not knowing ıncludıng the word of not knowıng or truth defines the truth. For example if we say silence there is no such a thing as silence or voice. but ıf we do not know anything thats what the truth is because as ı saıd, before birth, now and after so called death get completed. and thats enlighTment. Game is over. Knowing is the biggest illisiun.

13 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

Not knowing makes the puzzle complete. Because, as before birth, deep sleep and so called thoughtlesness. Because there is no such a thing as thinking. Nothing has never happened. we are always where we are and what we are. 

Yeah, there wasn't even a puzzle there to begin with. ?

15 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

Not knowing ıncludıng the word of not knowıng or truth defines the truth. For example if we say silence there is no such a thing as silence or voice. but ıf we do not know anything thats what the truth is because as ı saıd, before birth, now and after so called death get completed. and thats enlighTment. Game is over. Knowing is the biggest illisiun.

Yeah, it all falls away until nothing is opposed to truth.

16 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yeah, there wasn't even a puzzle there to begin with. ?

What a joke right? ? I really dont know anything anymore. I have no idea what i am doing lol ? or what is an i? ??

7 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

What a joke right? ? I really dont know anything anymore. I have no idea what i am doing lol ? or what is an i? ??

Yeah it's funny isn't it? ? Or very fearful when it's realized. ? At least it was for me. ?