Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roopepa

I saw an interesting dream

2 posts in this topic

Last night I saw a really vivid and interesting dream.

I was hanging out with a certain trans-man I've met a couple of times. We were talking about the LGBTQ+ and feminist movement. At some point, he mentioned a "third step". I asked him what he meant by that, and he explained that there are three main steps a person takes in their relationship regarding gender identity and sexual orientation. He said that also the collective is going through the same steps.

When I woke up, I wrote down the steps. As you can see, it's similar to evolutionary models such as SD. Here they are:

No steps: stark duality between men and women, strong heteronormativity, no other gender identities and sexual orientations are recognized: they literally don't exist, or are simply seen as an individuals choice to be evil/immoral.

The first step: alternative gender identities and sexual orientations are recognized as legit things and not individual choices, though they are seen as a mistake in nature, a disorder.

The second step: all gender identities and sexual orientations are seen as healthy, natural part of human existence. Gender is separate from biological sex, identity is separate from "essence".

The third step: all identity, gender and biological sex is purely conceptual and basically illusory. Boundless, silent, free sexual / gender expression.

What do you guys think? ? Quite an amazing dream. I know it's pretty basic stuff if you're familiar with SD and such but it was cool to see the subconscious or whatever connect some dots.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

good stuff thanks and makes abundant sense, feel i have undergone this journey pretty much