Tangerinedream

J&J vaccine will no longer count as fully vaccinated

13 posts in this topic

Germany has now said that if you had the J&J vaccine it no longer counts, and you should take another 2 shots of Pfizer/moderna to keep vaccination status.  

It’s actually been proven to be effective against omicron, just not as effective against delta.  
anyhoo, I wonder if other countries will follow suit? 

so now 3 million people in Germany who had the Johnson vaccine will loose their qr code if they don’t get more jabs. 

sorry link is in German but you can translate on Google chrome. 
https://www.berliner-zeitung.de/news/johnson-und-johnson-millionen-deutsche-ploetzlich-nicht-mehr-vollstaendig-geimpft-li.206662?fbclid=IwAR0FtHsKsRSyuG_B9lXsBdtxPt_RO28XgoJQM8veWLHIpwzs5SltDw783AI

Edited by Tangerinedream

Another thing is that since last weekend, to enter many places just being vaccinated isn’t enough now. I had 2 shots of Moderna, but I now need a negative test if I want to go in a restaurant or bar, and soon more places.

BUT if you have the booster, then you don’t need to do a test.  
where is the logic in that.. shouldn’t everyone need a test whether boostered or not since it can still be spread? 
That means if I am negative and mix inside with people who are boostered but untested… I can still catch Covid from them. 

It’s getting more and more strict here it’s crazy and even with all these rules, Germany still hit 100k cases in a day yesterday. 

@Tangerinedream

Here in Austria unvaccinated people are not allowed to enter non-essential shops. So basically one has to use the green pass to get anywhere other than supermarkets.

Masks are mandatory outdoors if you cannot distance yourself from other people.

And vaccination will be mandatory by law beginning in February. At first police is forced to control people. Than people will get fined automatically using a database in which every citizens vaccine status is registered. As far as I know there will be automatic fines reaching from 600€ to 3600€ (680-4800$) twice a year for unvaccinated people. The law will apply until Febraury 2024.

Off course this law is opposed vigurously. Hundreds of thousends of people go on the streets to protest it. 

@Ima Freeman  yes this is also the case in Germany since last year, you need to be vaccinated to go in all shops and show ID to enter.  But now they have tightened it for bars and restaurants, you need to be vaccinated + negative test/booster and show ID.  So a lot of documents just to go somewhere.  Personally I will only go eat out if it’s planned, the days of spontaneity are over.  So places are loosing customers. 

Germany also wants to impose the forced vaccinations, but I was reading that it’s been pushed back and it’s probably not going to happen now.  But who knows, let’s see. 

is it completely official now in Austria that it will happen?  Has it been passed? 
also will this include people who don’t get the booster shots or only those who are completely unvaccinated? 
I know that the vaccine pass will be invalid after 9 months, so will those people also be fined if they don’t get a new shot ?

Edited by Tangerinedream

34 minutes ago, Tangerinedream said:

@Ima Freeman  

is it completely official now in Austria that it will happen?  Has it been passed? 
also will this include people who don’t get the booster shots or only those who are completely unvaccinated? 
I know that the vaccine pass will be invalid after 9 months, so will those people also be fined if they don’t get a new shot ?

It has to go through legislation. The parliament will vote tomorrow and another council will decide on it on February 3rd. It is almost certain that it will pass.

It will require almost everyone above 14 years of age to get the current booster, even people with booster shots, when their validity vanishes. Exceptions are mentally handicapped people between 14 and 18 years of age, pregnant women, people to whom the vaccine may pose a lifethreatening risks (must be certificated by physicians, who risk their licenses by doing so). People with diagnosed COVID-infections have an excemption of 180 days.

The determination of unvaccinated/unboostered people will be handled through the centralized vaccine database not the green pass. 

1 hour ago, Tangerinedream said:

Another thing is that since last weekend, to enter many places just being vaccinated isn’t enough now. I had 2 shots of Moderna, but I now need a negative test if I want to go in a restaurant or bar, and soon more places.

BUT if you have the booster, then you don’t need to do a test.  
where is the logic in that.. shouldn’t everyone need a test whether boostered or not since it can still be spread? 
That means if I am negative and mix inside with people who are boostered but untested… I can still catch Covid from them. 

It’s getting more and more strict here it’s crazy and even with all these rules, Germany still hit 100k cases in a day yesterday. 

yeah it makes no sense.

i believe they want to get some money back they lost during early covid period?

11 hours ago, Ima Freeman said:

Hundreds of thousends of people go on the streets to protest it. 

Cool. I am glad to read that.

This looks crazy and illogical. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Millions of people relied on their word and took the J&J vaccine.   Do we jump everytime they change their story?  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Ridic. Really pisses me off, it’s like everyone is being forced to take only the mRNA ones now.  What, now most people are vaccinated or recovered Pfizer isn’t making enough money so is looking for other ways to get more jabs into people, lol. Will there be an apology to all those people who were told Johnson was good enough? 

WHO and CDC have included jnj as part of the vaccines that are allowed to travel around the world without restrictions. They won't take it off the list.