Intraplanetary

Ego-transcendence by eliminating the first-person-singular pronoun

36 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Thought = Thought

There is no such a thing as thought. So called Think and try to find where is it. 

25 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

how does one believe in a thought?

Thoughts get accepted as real because there is no experiencial discernment between psychological reality and existencial reality. 

Lack of awareness or discernment basicly is the cause of suffering concepts. Concepts would have no impact if discernment was absolute between what is temporary and what is eternal.

Edit. I THINK!.  It makes sense to me at least.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

9 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Fearless_Bum

Hard for who?

@Nahm I'm confused ?. 

I don't know if Journaling is worth it if I'm gonna keep typing self referential thoughts. I desire assurance ?. 

13 hours ago, Phil King said:

Eye think she could have a point but eye also think it would be very difficult to do in everyday life as you would have to refer to yourself in the third person a lot and people may be off put

@Phil King AHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH watch out bother your eyeball might roll down the hill if you continue like that haahahh

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

3 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

@Fearless_Bum Journalling can actually help in the apparent process of disidentifying from thoughts. You write as you usually would, use pronouns as you usually would, and see the thoughts for what they are.

How does that work?

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Judy2 I can see how that would work. It's all behavioral really, ego is more of a behavior than a thing.

A behavior is still a thing (think) though ?.

If I have a real talk I rather use 'we' because we have so many voices and desires in us that contradict each other. So one needs to point out that situation or people might not understand you. Many will not understand you anyway. 

26 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@Nahm I'm confused ?. 

I don't know if Journaling is worth it if I'm gonna keep typing self referential thoughts. I desire assurance ?. 

Journal and don’t type self referential thoughts. 

No offense I hope but… obviously, right?

If it’s too overwhelming… just go do something for someone else, without any gain whatsoever for yourself. Kind of a sure fire shortcut. Then maybe write about how that experience felt. 

If assurance is desired, feeling is conditional, contextualized, and now believed to be contingent upon, other people saying the right thing, to make you feel better. You say it - expression. Let the gaming of others go. Share the love that you are freely. Unabashedly. Without contingency. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

13 hours ago, Judy2 said:

Italians aren't any less identified with their egos than anybody else.

Lmao, you can say that again. xD

Why so serious?

To not believe in arising thoughts and desires is a game changer. you could sit or go around your day simply seeing thoughts appearing and disappearing, no problem. Other thoughts come with strong emotions. the solution to this would be to surrender to emotion and allow yourself to experience it. sometimes merely an intention to do so wipes away that strong feeling and associated thought; sometimes it may take more than one go to let go of/detach from it.

Not using first-person-singular pronouns in the speech is certainly tricky unless spending time in solitude. When I use 'I' i like to always keep this conscious reminder that the 'I' is being used here; however... this is just the function of language, it does not represent the truth. i see it as a multidimensional thinking process.

Desires arise.. and the question follows: 'who's desiring it? oh right, there is no one who is feeling this anticipation and desire, these are just thoughts with strong emotions. Let me run into it and experience how it feels. it'll surely passes away after i allow it to be. But who's me? am I'm going in circles? I'm those emotions and thoughts so what am I running from anyway? I'm both - emotions/thoughts and observer of them.

We can't escape language completely (in the far away future i see us transcending language completely though) but imo we can use it very consciously.

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

13 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

@Nahm Are you suggesting that relief through journalling may turn out to be a trap?

Relief points to feels better, alignment. Also, writing about a nonexistent second / separate self could reinforce thought attachment. 

What is a more constructive way to journal? Skipping right ahead to affirmations? 

It’s not about constructive imo, it’s just for the feeling, for alignment, nothing more. For constructing, look to life & conscious creating. 

1 hour ago, Judy2 said:

@Nahm How can thought attachment be overcome? By observation?

Thought attachment can’t be overcome, as overcome is only another thought. 

Observation yes. Meditation. Inspection. Understanding. Focusing on perception & feeling. Expression.

Overcome could be framed as an approach, or an orientation, which has an underlying assumption there is something to overcome. The opposite approach is loa, that you are creating by default. So if there is anything to be overcome, it would be because you are making it so. (Seem so). 

1 hour ago, Judy2 said:

If this is like an illusory self asking how do i get rid of myself, I'm sorry, it's stupid. But i better ask in case you have some valuable advice to offer.

Movements of the mind so to speak, can be noticed & inspected, as in questioned, and also noticed with more and more subtlety. Like value for example. The only valuable advice is meditation, but meditation isn’t really advice, and thus there’s no valuable advice.  

Asking someone else what feels best to you is avoiding yourself. Demonizing and avoiding "I" might just be the very same thing you've done all your life, when you were willing to believe thoughts about yourself that you are lacking. You can't avoid or get rid of what already is not. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost