Lyubov

Exhausted in winter

14 posts in this topic

It’s really cold here and snowy. Like -6 or lower. Makes me so sleepy and I wanna do stuff at night but it’s so cold and I feel so lazy to go out. I just got a really expensive winter coat. I’m still kinda sleepy after work. How can I trouble shoot this and get more energy during these cold winter days and nights? I don’t really drink much coffee. Eating more makes me feel fat. What am I potentially missing? 

Drink hot water. It keeps the body warm. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Lyubov Cold showers. Or hell, just go stand outside with your shirt off in that temperature. That’ll wake you right up.

It could simply be daylight deficiency and kinda suppressed daily circadian rhythm through excessive melatonin buildup. I made a video about a month specifically on this topic on YT, might give you some answers :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

12 hours ago, Michael569 said:

It could simply be daylight deficiency and kinda suppressed daily circadian rhythm through excessive melatonin buildup. I made a video about a month specifically on this topic on YT, might give you some answers :)

Watched your video. One thing that really stood out for me is the heating. Flats here will be heated up to like 26c+ during winter, really warm. It's sometimes cozy but the moment I step into my hot flat I will feel so drowsy. I'm going to turn the heat off and let it settle to around 18-20c. I think this could be a reason why. Another reason is lack of sun. I'm getting a bit of sun but not a ton. I'm going to try to walk around outside more during the day. 

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

lats here will be heated up to like 26c+ during winter, really warm. It's sometimes cozy but the moment I step into my hot flat I will feel so drowsy.

I've noticed that too when spending the Christmas with my family in Slovakia. My skin was always dry (could also be the hard water) and I generally felt like I had less energy which I'm pretty convinced was due to that heating. In UK we keep temperature to about 17-19 and that seems to work very well. 

Also as others advised, splash your body with some cold water twice a day, that will pick the energies up for sure. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

10 hours ago, Michael569 said:

I've noticed that too when spending the Christmas with my family in Slovakia. My skin was always dry (could also be the hard water) and I generally felt like I had less energy which I'm pretty convinced was due to that heating. In UK we keep temperature to about 17-19 and that seems to work very well. 

Also as others advised, splash your body with some cold water twice a day, that will pick the energies up for sure. 

I’m going to get some d3, any idea about the dosage on this or other supplements to take?

also I turned the radiators off and the flat has stayed a nice luke warm temperature of like 20c. it was easily 28+ before… I’ve noticed a differences already just after turning the heat down and coming back to it after work. 

Maybe there's nothing wrong with you, maybe that's just the natural order of the world. Maybe winter is meant to be a time of quiet reflection and rest.

What do you think our ancestors did when there was only 8 hours of daylight, no electricity, and too cold to go outside? What does every animal besides humans do in winter?

Maybe you should do that. What people have been doing in winter for generations. Spending time with family, reading books, doing relaxing indoor hobbies. Gogogo 365/24/7 productivity is a relatively new invention

Edited by Yarco

11 hours ago, Lyubov said:

I’m going to get some d3, any idea about the dosage on this or other supplements to take?

Test yourself first. Either through doctor or buy one of those finger prick vitamin D home test kits. If your levels are good you only need maintenance dose of around 1000-2000 IU. If you are very low you may need to go into 10,000s for some time. 

11 hours ago, Lyubov said:

I’ve noticed a differences already just after turning the heat down and coming back to it after work. 

yeah, not surprised. I noticed massive difference from that too. 

9 hours ago, Yarco said:

Maybe there's nothing wrong with you, maybe that's just the natural order of the world. Maybe winter is meant to be a time of quiet reflection and rest.

What do you think our ancestors did when there was only 8 hours of daylight, no electricity, and too cold to go outside? What does every animal besides humans do in winter?

Maybe you should do that. What people have been doing in winter for generations. Spending time with family, reading books, doing relaxing indoor hobbies. Gogogo 365/24/7 productivity is a relatively new invention

Interesting perspective. I agree with you to a degree but then we are not our ancestors anymore. For example in my home country in eastern Europe, my ancestors would have solely been concerned with survival. Get enough wood, food and shelter before winter hits because if one is stuck in the middle of winter without enough food the whole family would die because it would get below -40 degrees celsius.  The entire family would be living in a house made of one room living with animals often. There was no electricity and poor people did not even have books so yah all they did was probably chill (or be stressed about everything that can kill them over the winter). I wouldn't say they chilled, these people worked extremely hard, lived in shitty conditions and often died of disease and premature death from malnutrition. And these could probably be said about any ancestors that we so often refer to. These were people 100% concerned with rough survival of finding enough food, reproducing before dying and finding  a good shelter from animals and environment. 

We've moved past that now. We live longer and with it are coming new challenges. People have businesses, demanding jobs, duties and roles they play, hobbies and other commitments. Definitely not a good idea to be overcomitted but most of us cannot afford to sit & chill the entire winter anymore. I think we also need some of that tension in our life that gets us going and having little energy makes it difficult. 

As always there needs to be a balance between do & be. 

13 hours ago, Yarco said:

below zero i stay in bed for my 3-hr meditation so essentially i am getting 11 hours sleep now, highly energized during the other 13 hours

Just now, DonLupo said:

Hot water makes the body cool down actually, that's why its great to drink hot tee in the summer so you don't overheat and sweat that much.

For the exhauston I had similar issues, Diet, cold therapy, regular excercise and breathwork are what worked for me, also if you are male practice semen retention

You think I'm male? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.