Rasheed

One meal a day without losing weight?

10 posts in this topic

How can one eat one meal a day without losing weight?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Eating enough should be a solution. I'm not doing OMAD, I rather eat twice a day. When I first started keto and IF I lost few kilograms. Now I'm back to my normal weight or +1 kg. I definitely have less fat but more muscles, so visually I might be more skinny than I used to be.

@Rasheed Why do you want that? What’s the goal?

It shouldn’t be a problem as long as you have a big enough meal with calorie dense foods. Some people say it’s hard to eat that much food in one sitting, but if you eat slow enough you can likely do it. I’ve been doing OMAD for several years now and my weight barely fluctuates at all.

Not realistic or healthy.

Eating 2000-3000 calories in one meal is not good.

What you can do is one major meal plus a bunch of snacks throughout the day. My brother does that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I agree with Leo. Don't meet your caloric needs in just one meal. You need division of labor. Have 2-3 small meals a day. That's how it's done if you want to be healthy eating. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Rasheed don't. I did this for over a year and developed night bingeing disorder because i was pretty much chronically starving myself. 

Do intermittent fasting instead  with a 6 to 8 hour eating window and don't do it every single day. Maybe 5 days a week máximum or you will lose weight and potentially slow down your metabolism over time. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

If you're fasting to be more productive:

4 hour eating window works better than 2h (you'd probably have 1 -2h one if you ate one meal a day). Because you still need calories!

Let's say you start working at ~9 in the morning. You can have your first meal at ~20. That way you can get as much quality work in as you need. Maybe at 20 eat some fruit, then have first big(ger) meal 1 hour later and then the last meal maybe 1h later too. Intermittent fasting for that long will make you hungry enough to not have a problem with eating ~3000 kcal in 4 hours. And you can do your unproductive stuff while digesting.

Edited by Michal__

Unless you're gonna be using some ultra caloric gainer powders (which is itself toxic garbage) eating those 2,500 - 3000 calories that you need (judging from your past posts I assume you are a fairly athletic individual wit increased caloric needs) will be super unhealthy. Stuffing yourself with so much food in a single go is completely counterproductive to any health goals you may have. 

As already advised by others, you could consider eitherextending that eating window and have 2 meals within time of say 8 hours for better results. But really, if your goals are to improve physical and mental performance, even eating 3 regular meals without too much snacking might be a good idea. Always depends. If you lead a more hermit kind of lifestyle where you spend most time meditating, journalling and chilling then OMAD is doable but once you ramp up your caloric needs through a lot of physical activity, OMAD will just lead to always being fatigued and drop in performance as your body will be burning more than it will be getting from food and you'll quickly start tapping to your fat & muscle stores. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Maybe this video will help you (was posted here some time ago)

Dr. Nun S. Amen Ra

On 19/1/2022 at 5:21 AM, Leo Gura said:

Not realistic or healthy.

Eating 2000-3000 calories in one meal is not good.

What you can do is one major meal plus a bunch of snacks throughout the day. My brother does that.

What kinda snacks does your brother have?

Because most snacks have sugar or carbs and I cant be washing my teeth each 2-3 hours LoL