playdoh

Who is happier, a highly actualized yellow janitor or a successful green person?

18 posts in this topic

Yellow person:
- meditates a lot. Is very present and aware throughout the day
- Doesn’t have a lot of money. Sleeps in a 1 bedroom apartment in a boring city in not the nicest part of town. 
- Doesn’t eat the best food
- Doesn’t have the money to take vacations and little time off work
- Doesn’t have a lot of friends nor a partner
- Doesn’t talk a lot with family 

Green person:
- has healed him/her self. Heart centered. Materially successful. Lives in a nice city, in the best part of town, in a very nice apartment/house. Does retreats often. Takes trips often. Has lots of friends/going out/ sexual partners/ partnered if they wish
- Their career is their passion. They love what they do
- You can see they are happy
- Not as aware or present as yellow person

On average who is happier?

Edited by playdoh

Happiness tends to move upward as you expand your consciousness. I'm not sure how based on the descriptions those people are internally or how much they've integrated each stage. In Tier-II it's more like peacefulness/equanimity as the baseline no matter what your outward situation is, which is a giant step. But in Tier I you can still have pretty happy people or those on the verge of suicide.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Yellow. Doesn’t mean their life will be better. And yes that is a bit of a paradox, but not really.

Edited by The0Self

To be truly happy is to simply choose to be happy regardless and in spite of all external conditions, whether you are a janitor or your family is getting raped and killed by warlords in some jungle.

We live in a materialist culture, so obviously are brains are wired to assume a correlation with external success and happiness. As if they run parallel to each other.

This is a falsehood however. It's not a coincidence that there are people who deliberately live in caves in literal filth, who are extraordinarily conscious and happy.

hrhrhtewgfegege

2 hours ago, playdoh said:

Yellow person:
- Doesn’t have a lot of money. Sleeps in a 1 bedroom apartment in a boring city in not the nicest part of town. 

Green person:
- has healed him/her self. Heart centered. Materially successful. Lives in a nice city, in the best part of town, in a very nice apartment/house. Does retreats often. Takes trips often. Has lots of friends/going out/ sexual partners/ partnered if they wish

Why putting these characteristics on Yellow or Green? Is it how you generally distinguish between Yellow and Green?

Edited by Raphael

People can't be happy. Being itself is more profound than happiness as a condition for a person. As it's totally free and undefined the realization of it allows happiness with a depth and freedom beyond the limited notions we might have about "happy". We have all kinda of ideas about what happiness is and what happiness looks like. Does seeing a happy person make you happy? if yes, you recognize yourself as happy. If no, you have the wonderful releasing of jealousy to explore. There's absolutely no shame in this, it's like when you were  kid and you buried treasure for yourself to find in the sand pile later on. Happy "is" without having to even become a person, or any condition. So there isn't "happier" although letting go of ideas about required circumstances and causes for happiness will unveil your inherent bliss. 

Anything you think it is, it's way, way better than that. Oh my god, such a relief! 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 hours ago, playdoh said:

Yellow person:

Green person:

On average who is happier?

True happiness is being what You are. Or freedom. Happiness for ego. 

@playdoh I think it’s impossible to say. It doesn’t really matter either which answer is right. Would this answer always apply? Or is it just another attempt to put reality in a box?

12 hours ago, Raphael said:

Why putting these characteristics on Yellow or Green? Is it how you generally distinguish between Yellow and Green?

That’s a good point. I thought about that too. I guess for me before being part of a green community and doing all this healing I was most to myself meditating a lot. Seeing myself as living a joyful abundant life seemed far away. Why not integrate best of both worlds ey ❤️

14 hours ago, puporing said:

Happiness tends to move upward as you expand your consciousness. I'm not sure how based on the descriptions those people are internally or how much they've integrated each stage. In Tier-II it's more like peacefulness/equanimity as the baseline no matter what your outward situation is, which is a giant step. But in Tier I you can still have pretty happy people or those on the verge of suicide.

??

@The0Self

14 hours ago, The0Self said:

Yellow. Doesn’t mean their life will be better. And yes that is a bit of a paradox, but not really.

thanks for your reply. 

14 hours ago, Roy said:

To be truly happy is to simply choose to be happy regardless and in spite of all external conditions, whether you are a janitor or your family is getting raped and killed by warlords in some jungle.

We live in a materialist culture, so obviously are brains are wired to assume a correlation with external success and happiness. As if they run parallel to each other.

This is a falsehood however. It's not a coincidence that there are people who deliberately live in caves in literal filth, who are extraordinarily conscious and happy.

??✨✨

9 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Anything you think it is, it's way, way better than that. Oh my god, such a relief! 

Aho

The happiest will be the one who is most connected to the torrent of happiness that it really is, regardless of their circumstances. You can be more comfortable, more active, more fulfilled... but happiness is your nature. and your nature is more diaphanous, it feels cleaner the more you evolve ,the more impurity you remove, so yellow will be happier

3 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

The happiest will be the one who is most connected to the torrent of happiness that it really is, regardless of their circumstances. You can be more comfortable, more active, more fulfilled... but happiness is your nature. and your nature is more diaphanous, it feels cleaner the more you evolve ,the more impurity you remove, so yellow will be happier

??

Imagine be a "highly atualized yellow janitor" That seems like a paradox... Knowing so much and then just mopping the fucking floor... jeez.

Nothing wrong with being a Janitor it's a really important job. 

Just, not ideal. Why put a bird in a cage?

You can't really reach yellow if that is how you are living.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

19 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Imagine be a "highly atualized yellow janitor" That seems like a paradox... Knowing so much and then just mopping the fucking floor... jeez.

Nothing wrong with being a Janitor it's a really important job. 

Just, not ideal. Why put a bird in a cage?

You can't really reach yellow if that is how you are living.

I like it!