Cathal

Benthino Massaro

25 posts in this topic

I was watching a vice video about 'The Controversial Guru who wants to upgrade civilization' and little did I realize that this guy actually knows his shit and has been giving talks since he was like 19 that are unusually insightful for someone so young, I think he just turned 30. I have found his videos so fucking useful for anyone looking to understand spirituality from an easier to understand pov

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Its so confusing to understand who is legit and who isnt legit

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@Ulax if it makes sense to you then it's legit for wherever you're at :D half of the shit i read or hear just makes no sense to me, in some ways it does but it's totally out of my experience so yes confusing in that way

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

He's way above many other teachers, he also tripped a lot on DMT and stuff, so he knows what he talks about. I discovered him now too. I have seen him before but just thought he was talking around with concepts. But the guy already hit the nail in his first Videos with 19 whereas others took years of practise to get the first glimpse.

Edited by Nadosa

Dude is running a cult.

Funny how when he was put on the spot for his claim of siddhis to change the weather straight up nothing happened. 

I don't really have any doubt that he seems to have had an enlightenment experience. That said, he's running a cult and a greedy one at that that's making him rich off of it. As far as I can tell the people who follow him get hooked by a transmission of a certain state of his that he puts out for people. This is understandable but the best teachers don't pull that stuff because the recognize the danger of it. 

@kieranperez don't know about his magic (the gathering, hehe) abilities, but the effects can take up quite some time sometimes

and changing weather seems like an insanely big move

Edited by Windappreciator

20 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Dude is running a cult.

Funny how when he was put on the spot for his claim of siddhis to change the weather straight up nothing happened. 

I don't really have any doubt that he seems to have had an enlightenment experience. That said, he's running a cult and a greedy one at that that's making him rich off of it. As far as I can tell the people who follow him get hooked by a transmission of a certain state of his that he puts out for people. This is understandable but the best teachers don't pull that stuff because the recognize the danger of it. 

Just because you don’t like a spiritual group does not make it a cult. 

@Raze Read what I said again. I don’t call it a cult because I don’t like it. Bentinho Massaro is a worshipped personality in his community and is doing the classic cult tactic of deluding his followers that he and his movement are going to bring about new world change through enlightenment (garbage). He also peddles bullshit ideologies that his followers gobble up like how movie companies are secretly withholding secret technology or some sort of bullshit along that kind of flavor. Again, let me be very clear again, I don’t doubt he’s had an enlightenment experience. As far as I can tell he has but that doesn’t mean he’s peddling genuine stuff to people. As far as I’ve seen, as I’ve already seen, he transmits a certain state that people get hooked to that usually put them into a rather suggestible state. This is true of any teacher that puts out things like shaktipat or even use things like psychedelics. The difference is whether or not it’s abused and as far as I can tell people are being led astray, getting sucked into a community, and believing in horse shit. Real teachers don’t do that. Ralston used to put out the same state up until the early 90s when he saw it was just a distraction where people would just get hooked to him and he stopped putting that out for people and told people to scram if the weren’t committed to getting what’s true which has nothing to do with states. Cults by and large try to get people to stick around. Real communities or organizations empower you not to rely or need them. And I mean FOR REAL. Not lip service. FOR REAL. The profit and money this guy is making off this stuff as a business should raise a red flag. There’s a reason Jesus got angry and flipped over the money table in the temples because the temple isn’t the place to charge for that which is priceless. 

Edited by kieranperez

7 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Read what I said again. I don’t call it a cult because I don’t like it. Bentinho Massaro is a worshipped personality in his community and is doing the classic cult tactic of deluding his followers that he and his movement are going to bring about new world change through enlightenment (garbage). He also peddles bullshit ideologies that his followers gobble up like how movie companies are secretly withholding secret technology or some sort of bullshit along that kind of flavor. Again, let me be very clear again, I don’t doubt he’s had an enlightenment experience. As far as I can tell he has but that doesn’t mean he’s peddling genuine stuff to people. As far as I’ve seen, as I’ve already seen, he transmits a certain state that people get hooked to that usually put them into a rather suggestible state. This is true of any teacher that puts out things like shaktipat or even use things like psychedelics. The difference is whether or not it’s abused and as far as I can tell people are being led astray, getting sucked into a community, and believing in horse shit. Real teachers don’t do that. Ralston used to put out the same state up until the early 90s when he saw it was just a distraction where people would just get hooked to him and he stopped putting that out for people and told people to scram if the weren’t committed to getting what’s true which has nothing to do with states. Cults by and large try to get people to stick around. Real communities or organizations empower you not to rely or need them. And I mean FOR REAL. Not lip service. FOR REAL. The profit and money this guy is making off this stuff as a business should raise a red flag. There’s a reason Jesus got angry and flipped over the money table in the temples because the temple isn’t the place to charge for that which is priceless. 

you quoted the wrong person buddy

On 1/18/2022 at 4:16 PM, kieranperez said:

the temple isn’t the place to charge for that which is priceless.

It's not like Ralston is squeamish about charging apprentices $20,000+

Priceless my ass.

But I agree Benthino doesn't mind milking his followers like cows.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

$15k if my memory serves me correct but yeah.. not too fond of how much he charges given the depth of financial sacrifice that is for many of the people that go. That said, I don’t really mind the price of his retreats as I understand he doesn’t have nor is he under a religion. 

Surprised, you don’t really agree with me on this point given the nature of how you run your business. I personally don’t mind you making a profit off of what you do given how ethical you are about what you do. You run about as much of a transparent and authentic personal development business that could make SO much more money if you wanted to milk people for their money and sell diluted stuff. You put most of your stuff out completely for free and your only course isn’t some course that’s  in the thousands and you run an online forum where you give people resources and advice for free. 

I feel like you exemplify my exact point.

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

My issue is when people, regardless of whether or not they’ve genuinely had an enlightenment experience con people by selling them bullshit and mixing that with some quasi real shit. I’m sure you and I are no strangers when it comes to having met some enlightened people that have stupid views of the world or believe some silly nonsense (Shunyamurti comes to mind when he talks about Ancient Rome and Egypt as though they were some enlightened utopia when 40-60% population were literally slaves lol). Betinho runs a quasi of personality cult with his followers and he doesn’t stomp that out, for one. Real teachers with integrity squash that shit for real when they see it.

When I pay north of $1500 for a retreat with Peter & Brendan and the other people I work with, it’s ACTUALLY engaged 100% towards the task at hand. It’s not about entertaining me with nonsense and some stupid cosmology. It’s 100% focused to become conscious NOW.

Edited by kieranperez

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Priceless my ass.

that's mental. what a waste of 20 grand. can buy a tab of lsd for like $10. none of these guys are above anyone. matt kahn has started offering online "healing sessions" for $400 a pop. No one is worth that much money to talk on zoom for 30 minutes.

Just now, Lyubov said:

none of these guys are above anyone.

Actually, yeah, some people ARE actually better at their job than other people.

Some people are actually worth the money you pay them to help you. Study with the best (that you can afford to study with). 

@Prakhar

he looks like my , so I can't take him seriously

"you don't own anything"  , and..yea I am very possessive of 'my things'  

Edited by Twenty

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Priceless my ass.

Are you going to launch any other product in the future? I feel like your brand could be making much more money using a couple of simple marketing techniques and upselling

7 hours ago, kieranperez said:

I don’t really mind the price of his retreats as I understand he doesn’t have nor is he under a religion. 

Technically Ralston has classified his business as a religion. I suppose for tax purposes. It would be unenlightened of him to share any of that $20k with Uncle Sam ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Technically Ralston has classified his business as a religion. I suppose for tax purposes. It would be unenlightened of him to share any of that $20k with Uncle Sam ;)

Oh shit really? Now that’s funny lol Next time I hear Brendan and Peter rag on traditions I gotta bring that up ?