Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cathal

A purpose cannot be found

11 posts in this topic

I really think the quickest way to raise yourself out of whatever pit you're in is to just align yourself with whatever you think is the most important thing to do and give yourself to it and surrender the resistance from a self that would rather masterbathe smoke weed and play the Sims. If you only wait around for a spark of inspiration while needlessly suffering a meaningless life you aren't on the right page, I don't think you can find your purpose through thought, it just comes to you.

If you are deeply suffering you are not seeking purpose but relief, and when time comes to do the right thing or attach to relief you will attach to relief, so just take care of yourself first before you go doing anything. Get financially independant and fulfill your emotional needs. It will strangle you if you don't.

The possibility to be entangeled by your emotional needs and egoic triggers like ambition will completely cloud your clarity to your purpose. But I guess I would just ask myself the question: What is wrong with world? And work from that point onwards. 

Those are just my thoughts from where I was at a year ago and now trying to find purpose and understanding, entering my dark night and feeling alive again. I just made a yt vid bout that if you wanna check it out.

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Take responsibility for creating your purpose.

You are an author. You are free to write whatever kind of book you want. What do you want to write? That's all.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I think you take responsability to develop yourself to be able to take action from a purpose, I don't know how anyone creates a purpose through thinking. There is just so much room to slip into an attachment, a plan, the plans develop from a purpose and not vice versa wouldn't you say? It just came to me when I experienced stillness but there's no way I could ever see it so clearly through thinking or planning my way to it

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

4 minutes ago, catcat69123 said:

I don't know how anyone creates a purpose through thinking.

The source of a purpose isn't thinking as much as it is love and feeling. That which makes you feel the highest love is your purpose. Then thinking is used to develop it.

You cannot logic your way into loving some part of reality enough to build a purpose around it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You can create your own purpose, unless your purpose is to find an external, objective purpose and source of meaning to follow, in which case you are out of luck.

When we speak of “purpose”, we generally mean “what something was created for”. The purpose of a screwdriver is to turn screws, because that’s what its creator made it for. To find the purpose of human beings, ask what their creator made them for. If you don’t believe humans have a creator, then they don’t have a purpose. So there’s no point in looking for a purpose if you don’t believe in an external creator (e.g. God), and any purpose you try to create is going to be subjective and not your actual purpose, just an arbitrary thing you decide to do. The only way out if you’re an atheist, imo, is to stop looking for a purpose and just accept that life is its own purpose.

@Space Lizard I always just thought that each person has there own kind of ingenuity that can be realized, somehow life happens in such a way that cuts through all your patterns straight into your heart and it comes alive in the sense it's like a calling to do the right thing  because for sure everyone knows deep down there is something wrong with the world in there own eyes, to change the way things are or to aid in the change of life to be more good, more helpful for others to grow, I don't think purpose is any kind of skill or something to do with utilitarian because that's just the effort you have to put in to blossom the purpose.

everyone has an intuitive knowing of what is right and wrong and each to their own, i don't know how you create that. it is always just there, masked by delusions of a seperate self - it seems life makes you suffer so much you are forced to awaken to that, if you can silence your mind you can experience your deeper wisdoms far beyond thought - silencing the mind through chemicals is also fine. but no objective purpose for sure, that's where things get sticky icky

It sorta just comes to you as you evolve and grow because not finding/living it becomes too painful to your soul, and it can change with your growth. Fulfilling Maslow's hierarchy of needs, contemplating the dissolution of the physical body will help with it also. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Half of a Life Purpose finds you, but the other half implies you need to make work in manifesting it and making a plan in order to give the world the maximum potential of your passions. I've come to rehab from this idea of that somehow it just comes announcing you on your doorstep one day. I'm not saying it doesn't happen that some people suddenly in a flash of insight know exactly what the purpose of what they are to create in their lives is about, but even those people will still curb themselves in order from achieving their maximum potential if they don't make a deliberate plan.

Instead of trying to make the right decision, make your decisions right.

Yea.. and you might get a lot of resistance from outside for sticking to the purpose you've found... watch out for that one ;)

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@Nightwise Yes I mean it was a while ago when I just knew what I wanted to become but I was just pretty miserable and just kept to my hedonistic habits to avoid confronting myself to change but I agree, working towards your maximum potential also means your most intense experience of life. If life is about anything it has to be how can we all have the most intense experience of it? It's hard to unhook yourself from a society that gets off on you consuming and attaching to things, feeling worthless, contracted and powerless

@puporing :D:D I really think it's a brief life, there's nothing worth not doing all the way with your heart