Primeval

Psychedelic Satori Vs Meditation

4 posts in this topic

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

*Bump*

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Good stuff.

I think he's generally right. Especially the part about preparation to get satori. Just popping a pill isn't likely to give you profound existential insight. I feel that I get extremely deep existential insights on psychedelics because I've spent much of my life caring about metaphysical questions. Whereas most people haven't. Psychedelics tend to amplify one's intent and one's natural questions. So if the deepest question one has is how to get laid, then that's all one's probably gonna get.

What astounds me the most is the degrees of depth of satori possible. It's beyond all words.

And it might be the case that some enlightened masters have gone far beyond even the highest states of the most powerful psychedelics. Beyond 10 tabs of LSD or 30mg of 5-meo.

Which to me is just jaw-dropping.

The problem is that such degrees of insight are so paradoxical, so beyond our everyday world that they cannot ever be communicated to anyone. So 99.999999% of people pursuing enlightenment will never know about them.

I can hardly believe myself what I have seen. And I've seen it! How can I possibly communicate that to another? I can barely communicate it to myself.

The beautiful thing is that these substances can open you up like a motherfucker. Then you are really prepared to put in the long hours and go deep. Of course it's possible to abuse it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's so funny the most profound truth is the most simple obvious paradox, what a paradox again!