Glemace

Your first "aha" moment

8 posts in this topic

What was the first thing you heard or stuck that brought you to this topic of nonduality?

Mine:

After 12 years of analytically studying everything I could to get some sort of evidence that would lead me to know the bible is true without a doubt, I couldn't find any. In fact, it lead me away from it.

I then did my own study of comparative religion and realized that they all seemed to have the same origin in one way or another.

I then stumbled on this Youtube video (forgot the channel) that gave me the "aha" moment I needed to know their was a god, and it was something like this:

If no thing in reality existed, the truth would be that no thing in reality existed. Therefore, the truth would always exist. The eternal, impermanent, inescapable Truth. Truth surrounds reality.

I didn't quite understand (and still don't) but also knew at this moment that Truth was inescapable, meaning whatever "God" was it was Truth.

About a month later I found nondualism and while getting an understanding of that I found Leo's very helpful channel.

Though on this path for roughly two years, I've no awakening or direct realization and everything is still on an intellectual level. I do know that the ever changing Truth can never not exist, which I thought at the time was close to my life goal...nope, now the goal is to awaken from this ego and directly experience it.

Anyways, what was your "aha" moment that made you realize life isn't just a body followed by cessation. 

My first aha moment was realizing the freshness of the present. 

"Wow"

1 hour ago, Glemace said:

What was the first thing you heard or stuck that brought you to this topic of nonduality?

@Glemace It was this video.

58 minutes ago, Swarnim said:

My first aha moment was realizing the freshness of the present. 

"Wow"

@Swarnim How do you do it? (Teach me, bro I suck, I always forget most of the day ?)

11 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

How do you do it? (Teach me, bro I suck, I always forget most of the day ?)

@softlyblossoming I am no better at embodying it either. The first time I didn't even mean to do it. It just came on it's own. It feels like suddenly the scene in front of you isn't 2d but has penetrated your head and gone past it. Just imagine a blow of cold wind sweeping across your face, but not just that, imagine it entering through your pores, penetrating your face and then eventually your head and brain, cooling it all down, then releasing itself from the back. That's how fresh it felt.

To be honest, a Moojiji video about being present will easily get you there, embodying on the other hand.. O.o

9 hours ago, Swarnim said:

The first time I didn't even mean to do it. It just came on it's own. It feels like suddenly the scene in front of you isn't 2d but has penetrated your head and gone past it. Just imagine a blow of cold wind sweeping across your face, but not just that, imagine it entering through your pores, penetrating your face and then eventually your head and brain, cooling it all down, then releasing itself from the back. That's how fresh it felt.

@Swarnim That does sound very refreshing indeed! :o

9 hours ago, Swarnim said:

To be honest, a Moojiji video about being present will easily get you there, embodying on the other hand.. O.o

Thanks. My plan is: After setting an intention to experience something similar to what he's talking about, I'll check him out by listening along to a few videos whilst I meditate.

And I feel the same way about embodying gosh darn EVERYTHING spiritual that I experience. It sucks ass, but it keeps me motivated! ^_^

On 1/16/2022 at 9:07 AM, Glemace said:

now the goal is to awaken from this ego and directly experience it.

You're in for one hell of a trip ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo's first enlightenment video was my moment. Shit was crazy, I still remember this day- came at my hotel room after a shift at Chinese restaurant as a server. Turned it on and got completely destroyed. It stroke me to the core. I immediately thought "Look at this bold motherfucker. What a piece of shit, what a demon. I will stop watching his shit"

And then a week after, he released a video explaining all my feelings called "Thoughts after learning about enlightenment" or something like that. It is insane, completely nuts