Someone here

POll: Are you happy and satisfied with your life?

Are you happy and satisfied with your life?    81 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy and satisfied with your life?

• Yes I'm so happy
    • I'm kinda happy
    • Sometimes happy, sometimes not
    • I could be better
    • No I'm not happy overall
    • I'm very miserable

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Dude..

"I'm simply stating a fact." "All enlightened teachers say that."

I can't even.. 

Just stop.

Don't reply to me anymore, thank you very much. Because it's just too stupid.

Oh and btw.

The earth is flat.

I'm simply stating a fact. Because all the flat-earthers say that the earth is flat.

33 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Oh and btw.

The earth is flat.

I'm simply stating a fact. Because all the flat-earthers say that the earth is flat.

dang bro! hahaaaahaa..

life is both shit and rainbows and with that in mind let me share one of my fav  quotes,

TRY NOT TO BE A cu**- buddha

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

I feel that kind of reactive to my environment perception of me.  If people are cool with me I’m cool. I feel trapped in people perception of me and want to become braver to rely on my own perception and intuition. Otherwise I feel that I got somewhat of a clue on what’s going on in life, which is where I derive some happiness from.

Edited by ArcticGong

On 1/16/2022 at 6:53 PM, Someone here said:

And post the reasons of your happiness or unhappiness. 

If health is good, who gives a fuck about environmental situation. Just love it.  

I hasnt transcend body pain yet. I have an ego on the pain. Not like small stuff but big stuff such as crazy tooth pain or i cant let dentist pull my thoot without drug. 

Edited by Khan 0

@Khan 0 are you the old user james? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

On 1/16/2022 at 10:53 AM, Someone here said:

And post the reasons of your happiness or unhappiness. 

There are only reasons for unhappiness, and that’s only if the thoughts are believed in spite of the discord of the reasoning. Happiness doesn’t ever come from your life or notions of satisfaction with your life. It seems happiness could or would be at a point in the future, but (via thought attachment) life goes by without realizing there is no future, and it never happens. Happiness is what’s happening, but thought makes it seem like a future attainment.  There’s no ‘I am happiness’ option in the poll. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Sometimes happy (when I'm on drugs / psychedelics), sometimes not happy (when I'm not on drugs / psychedelics)

Please don't take everything I say seriously, thanks guys:)

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

There are only reasons for unhappiness, and that’s only if the thoughts are believed in spite of the discord of the reasoning. Happiness doesn’t ever come from your life or notions of satisfaction with your life. It seems happiness could or would be at a point in the future, but (via thought attachment) life goes by without realizing there is no future, and it never happens. Happiness is what’s happening, but thought makes it seem like a future attainment.  There’s no ‘I am happiness’ option in the poll. 

what about you are sick?

It's not only thoughts, its like your whole energy-body system has taken control and won't produce "normal neurochemistry" so you won´t feel good/Ok.

Lately I've been stopping taking so much a leaf I become kinda physical dependent to it and it has wd symptoms (they are mild but still) now I have a more humble view on "natural happiness". Until in the morning I don't take a little bit of leaf again I don't feel fine. If your brain chemistry is messed up, you will feel bad even though there are no apparent bad thoughts. Or if they are the cause, they are impossible to control/Not believe them. 

I am happy about my success recently, my spiritual practice. I am unhappy about my lack of money and intimate relationship. Though, income recently doubled it's going toward education. I want more disposable income.

@Javfly33 Funny how we can love our misery... ego is a funny thing.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

what about you are sick?

It's not only thoughts, its like your whole energy-body system has taken control and won't produce "normal neurochemistry" so you won´t feel good/Ok.

Lately I've been stopping taking so much a leaf I become kinda physical dependent to it and it has wd symptoms (they are mild but still) now I have a more humble view on "natural happiness". Until in the morning I don't take a little bit of leaf again I don't feel fine. If your brain chemistry is messed up, you will feel bad even though there are no apparent bad thoughts. Or if they are the cause, they are impossible to control/Not believe them. 

Brain chemistry is a result of thought, not the other way around. If you have sad thoughts, those will be observable in your brain chemistry, but that brain chemistry doesn't mean you can only be sad. Changing your thoughts would change your brain chemistry.

This misunderstanding is a symptom of traditional medicine specialized in real illnesses being applied at conceptual or mental illnesses. Science is all about observations, not assumptions. But mental illnesses are never observed, only assumed.

Edited by 4201

6 minutes ago, 4201 said:

Brain chemistry is a result of thought, not the other way around.

There is actually a back and forth interplay and its nuanced and non-linear.

◭"89"

13 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

There is actually a back and forth interplay and its nuanced and non-linear.

That thoughts are affected by neurochemistry... is a thought. That you have thoughts you cannot let go because of neurochemistry is a thought. You can let go of that one. That the present moment doesn't feel right because of neuro chemistry is another thought (feeling not right is a judgement).

You may believe that if you think thoughts are electrical impulses in the brain. Those aren't thoughts though, those are physical "symptoms" or "effects" of thought. Thought is duality. Electrical impulses in the brain may be affected by drugs, brain damage or neurochemistry (you may forget things or suddenly find it easier to experience different thought) but it cannot create a duality or prevent you from letting go of one.

The equivalent of neurochemistry controlling behavior for computers would be "After banging my computer with a baseball bat League Of Legends opened by itself and now I can't close it (X button doesn't work) but the game works fine. Guess my computer can only play League Of Legends now ...". Thought is to software what neurochemistry is to hardware. The only "input" thought gets is consciousness and any impairing of the hardware can only impair the software, not force it to function.

@4201 Nice response. I am just responding naturally not trying to be combative. 

Tell this to a person with autism or down syndrome or ADHD or a brain injury.  Or someone with mercury or heavy metal toxicity in the brain... Or a donkey, bird, dolphin, plant, ant... Your neurochemistry, brain type, etc plays a massive role in how you perceive reality and affect your thoughts. As a human right now you can change your thinking and intention and change both your neurochemistry and your bodies nervous system and physiology. 

Okay, your brain is not a computer.

Not every brain can run the same programs. Nor can a brain in one state understand/ perceive another brain in another state.

Not all computers, if I even use that analogy can run the same games because they have difference specs. The software has to be compatible with the hardware.

If you're saying all is "Thought" from a non-dual, or infinite mind perspective its not the level I am speaking at. 

Yes, I am thinking or imagining my brain chemistry. However...

Your neurochemistry and neurophysiology totally affects and limits and influences what you can or can't think.

Thus, psychedelics, meditation, nootropics etc. 

I actually think, you may be creating a false duality between thoughts and the brain even though you are trying to merge them. 

You said brain chemistry is the result of thought... do you mean thinking? or how are you using the word thought. What is thought to you in this context?

You can rewire your brain, you can use cognitive behavioural exercises to change the way you think which affects your brain. But, this is hard to do if you don't get enough sleep, eat properly, have heavy metal toxicity, smoke too much weed or are a donkey. 

Your thoughts can change your brain chemistry, and your brain chemistry/ neurology can change your thinking/ thoughts. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I will be unhappy until I'm dead. If I don't take my antidepressants I want to kill myself. When I do take them I'm like a robot, but having no emotion feels better than wanting to die.

18 hours ago, Nahm said:
On 18/1/2022 at 9:25 AM, Someone here said:

@Nahm I Guess you are right But seems to me you are always pushing an agenda of "everything is thought" and ime is not true.

@Thought Art not sure What u mean with that?

It's a bit difficult for me to admit, but the most honest answer for me was the answer "I could be better".  The answer "I'm not happy overall" also rings true, but I didn't vote for that because I feel like it should be interpreted as "I'm quite unhappy" given the position of the option in the poll. That just about isn't true, I would say.

However, what keeps me positive and what keeps me going is that I have a lot of perspective, meaning and hope in my life. My life isn't about being happy; It's about keeping an open mind and learning as much as Life and myself as possible. I live to learn and grow. I think (more) happiness will come eventually, but that's simply not the point of my life.

Edited by Nightwise

Instead of trying to make the right decision, make your decisions right.

@Javfly33

It seems like there’s someone pushing an agenda because of the framing of I am right or wrong and they, he, she, is right or wrong. There isn’t a right or wrong, those are just, well, I digress. Everybody’s right sometimes and wrong sometimes, and no one is ever actually right or wrong. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE