Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Focus

How to be fully synchronized with the present moment?

6 posts in this topic

How do you do it? Be in the moment completely with no any distractions or worries from the outside? I know there’s nothing but the present moment but sometimes my mind goes to the past to old sad events. 

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

whatever is in the present moment just is, if it's sad old events then sink into them. it just is, what's wrong with it? meditation is being present with what is, if you want to reach more flowy absorbative states then sit for longer. practice, meditation - let go of wanting to be somewhere else, because it's never going to happen. you having a desire to have no distractions just goes against what is, that has to be understood. your very desire for to escape this isness of what is happening is you getting in your own way of feeling peaceful with the what is. 

just be with what is, allow everything. there are no distractions or worries from the outside, it's happening inside of you. you are running from yourself and you will never win that race. these sad old events, if they are intrusive and reoccuring are trying to communicate things to you, unresolved emotions, your belief systems, there are needs not being met etc - your own inner conflict can only be resolved and not escaped

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

23 minutes ago, catcat69123 said:

whatever is in the present moment just is, if it's sad old events then sink into them. it just is, what's wrong with it? meditation is being present with what is, if you want to reach more flowy absorbative states then sit for longer. practice, meditation - let go of wanting to be somewhere else, because it's never going to happen. you having a desire to have no distractions just goes against what is, that has to be understood. your very desire for to escape this isness of what is happening is you getting in your own way of feeling peaceful with the what is. 

just be with what is, allow everything. there are no distractions or worries from the outside, it's happening inside of you. you are running from yourself and you will never win that race. these sad old events, if they are intrusive and reoccuring are trying to communicate things to you, unresolved emotions, your belief systems, there are needs not being met etc - your own inner conflict can only be resolved and not escaped

What about worries about what’s going to happen even if you silence them what keeps them coming back? 

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

@Focus whatever happens in the future is going to happen despite your worries - worries are merely you trying to predict the future based on your past, it doesn't really exist. you just allow it and stop identifying with the thought, that is what has worked for me anyways. when i worry i just feel allow myself to feel that and not bother with the stories in my head, the feeling passes rather quickly.

i think what brings them back is your struggle to get rid of them

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Yeah, I agree with everything @catcat69123 sayed. Instead of trying to silence worry, observe the worry and observe the difference between worry and presence. Worry doesn't have any impact on the presence. You can have presence and worry together. Being aware of the presence while worry is happening will dissolve worry after sometime. Then maybe something else will come up after that. Doesn't matter. Keep seeing that it is not intrusive to presence and you will trancend time and it's play.

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, Focus said:

How do you do it? Be in the moment completely with no any distractions or worries from the outside? I know there’s nothing but the present moment but sometimes my mind goes to the past to old sad events. 

Because you are afraid. Only when you lose everything you are free to anything.