Karmadhi

How to develop insane work ethic and perseverance

5 posts in this topic

One of the things that inspires me a lot about Leo is his insane determination, work ethic and just the ability to exceel in something through work even if he is not always his biggest natural strenght.

Opening a sucessful business, reaching really high levels of consciousness, developing social skills and flirting skills from strach are just some of the things.

Like Leo, i am sure there are others in this forumn that through pure hard work and determination have managed to achieve great results. 

My question is how do you guys (including Leo ofc) develop such willpower.

I consider myself a decently hardworking and determined/ambitious person but compared to some other people here i feel a lazy fuck.

I would love to have that mindset of being dissadvanated in something naturally and through hard work and perseverance to outmatch people that normally are naturally good at such things.

For example in school i was decently smart but still one of the best students through studying hard. I would like to develop this mindset in all facets of life.

Me being called naturally disadvantaged would be an insult to my intelligence. I like the confidence, work ethic of people with mediocre genes even though I don't admire them that much. I also suffered from similar things they went through. However, this time, the problem was with the things I can't control, not me having any genetic defect. Luckily, I am about to recover from the hell I have gone through. These sufferings thought me the value of Left Hand Path. So I thank my elder brother for giving really hard concussions to my head that is a invaluable treasure on its own, beautiful dominant women who abused me in my dreams, ganstalkers who did their best to break my life, for teaching me the sad facts of the life. I was inherently very advantaged but not that advantaged in terms of the environment in which I grew up. Nevertheless, I have learnt a lot. I am just a gifted man who suffered terribly. Although I am not so similar to Leo Gura for not having mediocre genes like him, I can relate to that difficulty such people have due to low IQ or intense paranoia causing your brain to freeze unable to function that is my case.

Edited by HypnoticMagician

@Karmadhi He means find and follow your life purpose. When you do work that you are really passionate about, you won't have problems with motivation. Leo always talks about how the key to a great work ethic is having a really strong vision that supplies you with a really deep level of intrinsic motivation. This vision needs to be based on something you're extremely passionate about, something that touches your heart and really lights you up inside. Watch some of Leo's motivational videos and think about what really excites you about life, or think about taking his life purpose course if you haven't already. Maximizing your passion and motivation is the key to maximizing your work ethic. Of course you also need to learn discipline too, because you won't always be motivated, but motivation is the main thing.

Something else that I don't hear talked about much for work ethic are internal blocks, such as emotional issues, past traumas, etc.. When you hold emotional blockages and parts of you are stuck in hurt and distress, often not every part of you will be on board for working hard, and you will always be partly pulled towards some sort of instant gratification or pleasure to soothe your pain, but of course that ends up wasting your time. That's why its important to do emotional healing and spiritual work to resolve any internal blockages and get every part of you focused and on board with your work. Not sure if this kind of thing is a problem for you, but it has been for me so I just wanted to mention it.

If you can come up with a vision that you are ridiculously passionate about and really fires you up inside, and you are able to apply yourself to it fully without being pulled away by any sorts of distractions, limitations, health issues, etc., you will not have a problem with motivation/work ethic

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji