Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sempiternity

Trip Report: GHB

4 posts in this topic

On the suggestion of friends, I bought some GHB to experiment with for the first time. It's not necessarily a common drug, so I thought I'd do a trip report, as it may be of benefit to some of you out there.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/GHB
https://www.letstalkaboutit.nhs.uk/other-services/chemsex-support/ghbgbl-g/

What is GHB:
GHB (gamma hydroxybutyrate), also known as G, is an oily liquid, with a slightly salty bitter taste, usually sold in small bottles. GHB is a depressant drug which can produce a high with small doses, and cause sedation with only slightly higher doses. People report that G makes them feel euphoric, with a loss of inhibitions, increased confidence, and a higher sex drive.

There is also a similar drug, GBL (gamma butyrolactone). GBL is a precursor to GHB, which means that it is converted to GHB inside your body after swallowing.  It has a faster onset of action than GHB, and is often more potent – so a smaller dose is required to have the same effect. 

Personal GHB Effects:
GHB is my new favorite drug! There are tons of benefits, and really no negatives. Although GHB can be taken solo and enjoyed for its affects, I was told that GHB was an extremely sexual drug, and be prepared for some great sex, and boy were they right. When I tried GHB with a sexual partner, I said to myself "my god, where have you been all my life". GHB is fucking amazing! It turns you into a sexual BEAST! On the first dose, we felt what would be considered as a combination of high and drunk, but completely in control of oneself. The sexual affects are what I can only describe as ravenous. We were 5 times more sexually aggressive, playful, erotic, willing to try new things, and this deeply passionate sex lasted full steam for all night (maybe 6+ hours). I was personally way more confident, cocky, and self-assured on G. Waking up the next morning, I did not have much of any hangover. As far as I can tell, there are really no downsides to GHB, other than the risks on dosing, so as long as you're very careful on your dosages, you should be all good. GHB is something that will be part of my life going forward. Anytime I want to have great sex with a partner, I'm pulling out the GHB. 

How long does GHB last?
This will be different for each person and their tolerance levels. I'm more sensitive to drugs, so I was high all night (over 8 hours), whereas my partner was high for maybe 4 hours and stated she felt sober thereafter. Some people will do 're-ups' (doing another dose) after a couple hours to keep the high going longer. Officially GHB effects usually occur within 15-20 minutes and last up to 3-4 hours. 

Dosage: 
Dosages can vary. It's advised to follow the instructions of the one you're getting it from, and always only buy from a trusted source. It's advised to start with a low dose and work your way up slowly by increasing the dose in small increments. However, an appropriate interval between dosing is essential to avoid accidental overdose. GHB is often mixed with another liquid, as it can taste awful. Mix with something sweet or milky, but never with anything alcoholic. 

Negative effects:
I personally had zero negative effects. But here are some risks that are commonly reported.

Do not mix with alcohol! This seems to be one of the main pieces of advice I got from experienced users. That and be 100% sure on your dosages. As with any drug, the difference between a light trip and a heavy trip can be the difference between a couple ml/mg, so you have to extra diligent and sure on your dosages. 

I personally had zero negative effects, but here are the official Risks: 

It is easy to overdose on G, as there is not much difference (less than one milliliter) between a dose that gets a person high, and a dose that has them “going under” – becoming unconscious and unresponsive.

Avoid mixing G with alcohol. This can increase the risk of going under, and delay the time it takes for G to take effect – interfering with safe dosing intervals.

A number of deaths have been caused by G. Death can result from overdose, or severe withdrawal syndrome.

Using G with other depressant drugs, such as alcohol, benzodiazepines and ketamine can increase the risk of going under and stopping breathing. In some cases, people might be hospitalized after using G.

G is addictive and dependence can develop quickly. Dependence mean people will develop withdrawal symptoms on stopping use, which can be severe and life-threatening.

The sedative properties of G can leave a person incoherent or comatose, so unable to give sexual consent. Taking G can put you at risk of sexual assault.

Hahaha omg . Thanks a lot, now I've gotta go out and try this shit 

Edited by pfletcha

I actually found gabapentin (unscheduled pain reliever prescribed off label for all sorts of things especially anxiety lol) to be more psychedelic and more euphoric than GHB fwiw. Only becomes strong enough for mild psychedelic effects when taken in staggered doses, to overcome the LAT1 transporter saturation. It’s crazy because it’s the easiest thing to get prescribed — it’s so innocuous I literally asked for it specifically and the doc gave it to me every single time. They don’t think it has any recreational value, even though it most certainly does but really only when you stagger doses (LAT1 transporter essentially doesn’t allow any more than 300mg to be absorbed every 30min). The tolerance is basically like lsd though — I could only get full effects dosing one day every 2 weeks. It actually feels like a psychedelic opioid.

Edited by The0Self