GrandeOrso

King, Warrior, Magician, Lover

38 posts in this topic

I am currently reading this book from Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette, I find it extremely illuminating and a great model to view reality.

It talks about the four main archetypes of men, but before, it talks about those of the boy and the way they should evolve into a mature man. 

Every archetype has shadow sides, passive and active. 

Did Leo ever shoot an episode about this? He should. This is marvelous! 

Most important thing is that we are at all times incarnating an archetype or its shadow side. In every situation. So if you don't like how you behaved, you can think about what kind of energy you were representing. Were you too aggressive, so maybe The Sadist, the shadow side of the Warrior? How would a noble king have behaved? (Very interesting the idea of the king, that is actually in service of its people. Much like in LOTR)

You can find it for free on libgen.

archetypes.png

1 minute ago, QQQ said:

Yeah, a shallow puddle of information at best on that site.

it's a good archetypal introduction

I read a lot of books about archetypes and his book is the best on the subject. He also has some books on the specific archetypes. For example one of his book specifically focuses on the magician archetype. Unfortunately those book are out of press and you can only find low quality pdfs. There are some rare copies on the internet but it is like 150-250 for a second hand copy.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

3 minutes ago, QQQ said:

Yeah, a shallow puddle of information at best on that site.

or maybe we are just ignorant and don't want to accept it is that simple in what it means about us?

30 minutes ago, QQQ said:

Could be that too, although with infinite possibilities of thoughts I personally don't worry about it too much :)

who does my friend

who does

@flume

I've been looking for a feminine equivalent. The best thing I have found so far is this video by Emerald.

I have another book Warrior Lover Magician King ,which is the same https://www.amazon.com/Warrior-Magician-Lover-King-development/dp/1722820896/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=warrior+lover+magician+king&qid=1642837766&sr=8-2

But updated for our current 21st century with less jargon. In our current times the Magician and Lover archetypes are more embraced and the King (Sovereign) archetype is the least one compared that to original Robert Moore's work where he says the lover archetype is the least embraced one

I love that you're reading this book!! It's a great depiction of the divine masculine. 

I did a video summary of this book. It was very cringe-worthy looking back. But then again, all my reviews are cringe-worthy.

watch how tony robbins uses this model to re-establish leadership in times of chaos - like on 9/11.

This is a great podcast about the archetypes, also talking about the female sides (which mostly correspond to the male counterpart)

Also, Aubrey Marcus has some other valuable content.

Part 1

Part 2

https://youtu.be/gZLDSlbWVmw

I just finished the book. I love it. It's one of my favorites now. Very insightful and well-written. I like Douglass:

"There's no way to meet in nothingness. We have to meet in somethingness, in a world. And what is more wonderful than meeting in a good way? Nothing." - Douglass Gilette

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins