Focus

How did religion form?

16 posts in this topic

How was Religion created and where did it come from? Also how was the idea of the Anti-Christ made and how much do you think it applies now to the notion “I Am God” because as said in Islamic Hadith at the end of times Al Dajjal will claim he is God and he will fool him with his healing powers and black magic and make people think he is really God

so what do you say about this? And what do you think about A God who stakes people for such deception without giving them the real big picture?

here is a link to who is the anti-christ is so you can relate to this more

https://www.britannica.com/topic/al-Dajjal

Edited by Focus

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

56 minutes ago, Focus said:

How was Religion created and where did it come from?

Step 1: Some dude realizes 'enlightenment'.

Step 2: He tries to tell other people about his realization (which cannot be communicated).

Step 3: Those other people take everything he tells them literally, dumb it down, skew and twist it in a thousand ways, then write a book about it and tell everyone else to memorize it.

Boom, you got yourself a religion!

Why so serious?

Just now, Bazooka Jesus said:

Step 2: He tries to tell other people about his realization (which cannot be communicated).

Step 3: Those other people take everything he tells them literally, dumb it down, skew and twist it in a thousand ways, then write a book about it and tell everyone else to memorize it.

Great summary of religion in a nutshell lol.

13 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

well, yeah, not necesarily..

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

18 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

And why did these higher beings agree on turning it into religion knowing the consequences and the states of people at that time and what will they do next? Why not just provide the ways to reach enlightenment and that’s it?

~waveintheocean

Experiences of self-transcendence in narrative form, corrupted by ego, distributed geographically through imperial conquest.

The first world religion, Hinduism, was a culmination of several lineages of pagan nature religions from the Upper-Paleolithic to the Early Neolithic that existed ~15000 years ago. It retained the traits of polytheism with animal and feminine gods.

In a growing world of cities and empires influenced by patriarchal power structures, we got organized religion, the epitome of which were the Abrahamic religions, with emphasis on monotheism, law and order: strict behavioral restrictions under the rule of the one patriarchal Father.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Focus said:

And why did these higher beings agree on turning it into religion knowing the consequences and the states of people at that time and what will they do next? Why not just provide the ways to reach enlightenment and that’s it?

It's the misinterpretations of the prophet's followers that create the dogma associated with most religions.

10 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

It's the misinterpretations of the prophet's followers that create the dogma associated with most religions.

Oh God I see how this happens to this very day, will it ever end? And do you think the followers know about it and are using it for their low egotistical desires only or are there any other real reason?
I had a real problem in the past thinking I’m twisted because it was a really big deal when I first discovered this work and how serious it is and in the same time I was really believing in religion but after experiencing reality, hahahaha hell no

~waveintheocean

2 hours ago, Focus said:

How was Religion created and where did it come from? Also how was the idea of the Anti-Christ made and how much do you think it applies now to the notion “I Am God” because as said in Islamic Hadith at the end of times Al Dajjal will claim he is God and he will fool him with his healing powers and black magic and make people think he is really God

so what do you say about this? And what do you think about A God who stakes people for such deception without giving them the real big picture?

here is a link to who is the anti-christ is so you can relate to this more

https://www.britannica.com/topic/al-Dajjal

Nothingness gives you the god.

love gives you the religion or moral law=religion =ethics. 

You must have breakthrough to nothingness and love in order to comprehend it.

34 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Great summary of religion in a nutshell lol.

Thanks. Btw, a British research group by the name of Monty Python once produced a very neat dramatization of the whole process:

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

ahahaaaa exactly!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

Actually the “originators” tended to not to want to make themselves into some “religion” or write books, often they discouraged it and it was at the plea of followers that they start to do more of these activities.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

In the case for Judeaism/Christianity , it has always been Divine Revelation that has inspired people to live accordingly to God's word.

The church is Christ's body.

And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. - Matthew 16.18

And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”  - 1 Peter 2:5

Also I want to add that this idea of enlightenment has not really anything to do with Christianity and why it came to be as it is, even tho you can have communion with God and Jesus Christ we can't know what God is in his essence or really how the Holy Trinity work, but it is not really a mono theistic religion , it is a trinitarian religion, and has not anything to do with Sat- Chit - Ananda of the indians.

I suggest if you want to understand more about Christianity you can begin by studying the Church Fathers which is an awesome source of information about the philosophy and theology in Christianity and it goes all the way back to the following years of Jesus death up through the ages, if you want to know about Christianity in particular i suggest you actually study the bible and the church fathers instead of listening to some dudes on the internet who do not really have any insight into the topic at all.

There is a good collection on Kindle,  the complete works of the Church Fathers by Filip Schaff i think the name is, it is 3000 pages tho but cheap ?

And eastern orthodox christianity is more mystical and more practical as well.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius