Felli

Developing a skill before life purpose

6 posts in this topic

While I look for my life purpose with the life purpose course I am thinking that I could develop a skill which I can get paid for. Which skill could I learn? Are there any skills that are enjoyable. Is there any transferable skills that I may come across such as marketing. I have mostly come across coding skills online but haven't seen many others. Is there a skill that is in demand? Have you asked for a skill? What skills will be needed in the future? Is University needed? 

Do the life purpose course first and then find a skill aligned with your life purpose.

It takes like a week or two maximum to complete the life purpose course if you spend a couple hours a day on it. Learning marketing, coding, or any other useful skill to a level that you can make money from it will take much, much, much, much longer.

This look for skills is just a distraction. Finish the course and then do what you're truly called to do. Don't waste time learning a skill that isn't aligned with your ultimate purpose.

Depends on your financial situation and all that. Ideally develop skills that will help you with your life purpose - which often entails multiple things anyway rather than 1-2 skills. Imagine that you're becoming superhuman - whatever form that looks like to you. 

But if you're in more of a need to survive in the next little while, it MAY be good to have a more tolerable job down that gives you the ability to pursue your life purpose, but this should be a short term thing that you'll then try to get out of.. In this case I would just recommend something that you have the best tolerance per pay ratio (ie like a trade for instance). Hope that makes sense. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@Yarco @puporing thank you yeah the life purpose course can lead me to a certain skill which would build my skill for the actual life purpose

@Felli

On 1/16/2022 at 0:15 AM, Felli said:

@Yarco @puporing thank you yeah the life purpose course can lead me to a certain skill which would build my skill for the actual life purpose

Not quite true. Most people can develop skills without understanding what their actual life purpose is yet, so really you don't have to set the condition that you have to now learn, train any skill only after taking the life purpose course.

Transferable skills I would highly focus on training, because it keeps you flexible in markets and shortens future training times/efforts for careers with relevant skills. As a throw away example, a transferable skill is drawing with writing mediums like pencils, pens, markers, pencil charcoals. Why? because those specific actions/activities, is transferable to using a digital pen on a pad, like the Wacom Intuos, for graphic design, 3d modelling, ect, that use the same/similar behaviors of drawing using a pencil. This off course isn't limited to drawing, any field has interconnections with soft skills. The same skills for tradition drawing, can be used for graphic design in digital arts, which can also be used for painting, which can be used for architecture, which is used for...

Plus marketing research, marketing, ideas generating, business psychology, and you are good to pursue whatever life purpose you want.