blankisomeone

Can I do mushrooms if I have suicidal ideations? Can it maybe help heal wounds?

23 posts in this topic

Or is it gonna make it worse?

Or do I just bite the bullet and accept that it's a shot in the dark?

I don't know if we can give you advice on that... Science shows that if you do it right it may help in a big way... Maybe a low low dose...

Some mushrooms can be really mean though so.. What kind are they?

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

What kind are they?

I don't know, it says "Psilocybe Cubensis" on it

Just now, PurpleTree said:

have you talked to a therapist?

True, I think more and more therapists are being trained on helping people working through trips.

Tripping isn't really recommended if you are suicidal. You may want to do some inner work like talk therapy, yoga, Qigong, or socializing more.

◭"89"

Low dose can be really good for you if you haven't tried them already. A high dose (more than 3.5 grams) could be horrifying.

20 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

have you talked to a therapist?

No, but I'm reading a book which has been written specifically for the problem I'm dealing with and I'm doing the assignments, so I guess I'm kinda doing therapy by myself? I don't know if that'll work, but I'm giving it a shot... But sometimes it feels very overwhelming and I feel too alone in this and I start to seriously consider suicide, but I'm also scared of that too, because who knows what that will lead to... Which makes the problem even worse.

13 minutes ago, SonataAllegro said:

Low dose can be really good for you if you haven't tried them already.

Maybe I'll try a low low low low dose, see what happens...

Whatever you don't don't kill yourself. There is a way out and into a beautiful life here any now.

Mushrooms can help you feel love you are missing and research shows they can pretty well permantelty increase your well being.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

25 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

No, but I'm reading a book which has been written specifically for the problem I'm dealing with and I'm doing the assignments, so I guess I'm kinda doing therapy by myself? 

I guess.

But if you're feeling alone and overwhelmed doing all this, maybe it would be good to talk to a therapist too.

Sometimes it's good to get an outside perspective. Maybe there is also some kind of group therapy for your "issue"

Yeah, speaking with someone is really really helpful. It's actually a major part of feeling mentally healthy is having someone hear you..

◭"89"

I don't recommend it at all. My experience with mushrooms is that they can be very unpredictable, especially at higher doses. If you do take them, start with very low doses. I also haven't found them particularly useful when it comes to trauma healing. They can make everything even more confusing and have no long lasting effects. There's way better psychedelics out there for what you're looking for.

But most importantly, I'd do the foundational work first, before getting into psychedelics. Dip your toes into healing... Keep reading books, consider therapy or retreats <3

What is the specific problem you're dealing with?

it can make it worst while tripping,be cautious and have a trip sitter and be in a place that you cant kill yourself 

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

I would advice you not to take it.

Healing doesn't come from the psychedelic. The healing comes from within, from clear intention and will to create a good life. The psychedelic only guides. Like a therapist.

When the mind is messy and confused, a psychedelic can surface that suffering and confusion quite brutally.

The suicidal ideation probably means that the will and intention for healing and good life is not in stable enough ground yet. I'd go with dreamboard, meditation, cleaning the diet and stuff like that for now.

One breath at a time. One better thought at a time. I hope you'll doing better soon.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Not advised at all. Therapy, books, exercise, diet, volunteering/community, self love, etc. This stuff is dangerous if there isn't that foundation and container. These substances are proving very useful in helping people who already have established a healthy container and resources around them to recover from issues. You're going in dark, very risky, like performing surgery on yourself without any training or knowledge of medicine. 

Edited by Lyubov

It will be like a butcher trying to do a heart surgery if you don't know what you are doing.

In Tate we trust

Try some microdosing first. I have tried larger doses in depressed states, and they always helped me rather significantly at the time to exit depression. This is no guarantee it will go that way for you though. Have a trip sitter. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

I'd tried cautiously.  I know Ive done like a microdose (.15-.20 mg) and felt it knocked me into unstable territory. 

Then again, I've tried them and felt great.

But, especially with metnal health, ere on the side of caution.  Low doses.  If you don't know if it's too low or you should take more, don't.  Just settle for less.  You can always do more in a week or so.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Just personal experience...I wouldnt recommend it tho because I am pretty crazy and know that everything is temporary. It is good to take advice from other people. But bear in mind there is only you and understand that you can change yourself at any time of the day, in any state of mind, you can just sit with whatever is. Because it is quite beautfiul to actually realize that no advice will help you but only yourself can help you. Love yourself. Every aspect. Every inch of suicidal ideation. You want to be loved. Accepted. It already is accepted. Look within, your guidance is much more than what anyone says on the internet. Isn't that beautfiul? ❤️

Edited by Nadosa

@flume which psychedelics are better for healing in your opinion? 

And May I ask what your experiences were with mushrooms? I See great Potential here but I must confest, just Did it 3 times. Mushroomes/Truffles trigger deep Emotions