KatiesKarma

In General, what causes ones Life to go terribly 'wrong'?

37 posts in this topic

Life can go wrong for everybody. Being wise and knowledgeable helps. But it is not a guarantee.

Life is really a challenge and you can destroy the average person very easily. A health scare Or an illness can derails anyones life. It's easy to be happy when things go your way. When you have your Internet connection, money in the bank account etc. 

Take all of that and many will commit suicide even if they are conscious. 

Most people I know are super privileged. They have no idea how terrifying life can become. And the challenges they have faced are childs play. 

Tomorrow you may get a cancer diagnosis or become paralysed . That can completely destroy your life or not. Some people can't endure too much suffering. Only the strong make it. 

Edited by SQAAD

44 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Life can go wrong for everybody. Being wise and knowledgeable helps. But it is not a guarantee.

Life is really a challenge and you can destroy the average person very easily. A health scare Or an illness can derails anyones life. It's easy to be happy when things go your way. When you have your Internet connection, money in the bank account etc. 

Most people I know are super privileged. They have no idea how terrifying life can become. And the challenges they have faced are childs play. 

Tomorrow you may get a cancer diagnosis or become paralysed . That can completely destroy your life or not. Some people can't endure too much suffering. Only the strong make it. 

I agree. It's odd how we can just go about our day to day lives while being really ignorant of how fast and how bad things can really get.

5 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

Terribly wrong is that which causes [horrendous & unneccessary] suffering, especially when the chances were good to become rather normal.

...a person not resisting their addictive vasanas and/or they have shitty karma that needs played out. You suffer if you identify with it. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 hours ago, Focus said:

Can you recommend some shadow work to do?

Start with IFS therapy, the book is called "Self Therapy" by Jay Earley. I'm not even far in this book but it changed a lot.

Journaling and honest reflection about what you truly feel.

And then: sharing these honest reflections with close friends, making yourself vulnerable, showing yourself exactly as you are. Find people who accept and love you as you are and learn to receive, give and share love.

Also, psychedelics can possibly help tremendously, but are not necessary.

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

That gave me shivers. You're very right, I'm so privileged, it's ridiculous. But I would say while people shouldn't be overestimated in what they can handle, they should also not be underestimated. Humans can take a lot of suffering and grow a lot from it. This might look like a brutal survival game, but it's also the greatest gift one could ever imagine.

@peanutspathtotruth

1 hour ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

That gave me shivers. You're very right, I'm so privileged, it's ridiculous. But I would say while people shouldn't be overestimated in what they can handle, they should also not be underestimated. Humans can take a lot of suffering and grow a lot from it. This might look like a brutal survival game, but it's also the greatest gift one could ever imagine.

Yes i agree with you.

The brutality and the ridiculous levels of pain and suffering can make you appreciate life even more. 

Personally i don't take ANYTHING for granted anymore because i have lived through some tragedies the last couple of years. 

In the back of my mind i am always ready for the worst. I expect calamities and things going terribly wrong because that's life. Otherwise I am fooling myself. 

When we make plans, God is laughing at us. 

Life on this planet ain't a walk in the park. It has a seriousness to it that you can't ignore. 

Edited by SQAAD

7 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

A childhood empty of love, where you have only received rejection or indifference, you have been in contact with empty people, it is difficult to overcome. Makes difficult for you to open yourself to love. all true love, all contact with people who really give themselves, is an enormous gift that life has given you. it's good to return it

Beautiful.

14 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

obviously I don't know, but it looks like it. very deliberate

What is the point in testing humans?

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

Evolution?

Why to evolve?

16 minutes ago, Buba said:

Why to evolve?

It seems that is what the universe does. go from the simple to the most complex as possible. maybe creative passion

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

It seems that is what the universe does. go from the simple to the most complex as possible. maybe creative passion

Why something exists? Why there is no total non-existence? If I was omnipotent God, I would delete myself permanently.

17 minutes ago, Buba said:

Why something exists? Why there is no total non-existence? If I was omnipotent God, I would delete myself permanently.

What is exist? How do you know you are in the universe or you are exist, or you know what is the meaning of existence? Because you learned from your family? 

8 hours ago, Buba said:

Then how would you know yourself? You’re only saying that because of laziness, trust me I know where that came from because I also thought of the same but I was wrong

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

8 hours ago, Buba said:

It's possible that the more miserable this Life, the more expansion of the Whole & your Soul occurs.

Imagine that your Soul really wanted to come here and that it's a great honor to live even one human Life. This is a really, really dense plane of existence and not every Soul chooses to incarnate. Of course I am just repeating what more enlightened indiviudals have claimed to know, but it gives hope that after a long time of suffering, this will be worth it. 

unconsciousness and sometimes just shit luck

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

20 hours ago, Buba said:

because if you are, even for an instant, that instant is eternity, since in your beginning and in your end is non-existence, and non-existence does not exist, only existence exists, there is no begging or end.  you are, now eternal, without limits