KatiesKarma

In General, what causes ones Life to go terribly 'wrong'?

37 posts in this topic

Is it sheer lack of information, because we are limited and lack omniscence?

Is it because it was intended to be this way pre-birth, to be born in shit circumstances..? 

Lazy thinking, poor parenting?

Karma?

No access to intuition?

Edited by KatiesKarma

I think it's more than one thing.

If I look back this is what I think leads to the right kind of life:

You need to sow the right seeds of desire in your mind. If your desire has to do with getting validation from the outside world or indulging in pleasures (like getting money, sex, and fame) then you are bound to get jealous, hateful, hurt, etc. You are stuck in an endless race. You are doomed if you win and doomed if you lose, you will forever be insecure. 

But if you plant the right kind of desire. Like the desire to grow yourself, meaning to be the highest version of yourself, then there are endless possibilities. There is no hate or jealousy here, and you won't become a slave to the object of your pleasure. 

I think the desire to do something in life, even if you don't know what yet, is the deciding factor. If you don't have this desire, IMO life becomes a slow suicide. 

And then, you need to strengthen this desire by aligning your emotions with it, because emotions are energy in motion. It would happen overtime. And you need to find a path, by increasing your knowledge and experience, that you can trust to reach your goals. So, right desire -> strengthening it by emotions -> finding a path by knowledge -> believing in the path and desire. 

This is coming from personal experience, whenever I didn't have the desire to do something in life, I have suffered massively.

Edited by Derek White

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

life is presented to us as a test. we are immersed in vital situations that we must solve, as a kind of game. Normally we know what we have to do intuitively, but there are obstacles, serious difficulties, that prevent it. in the end it's all about being braver, more selfless, more true. if we get stuck in these trials, as is often the case, our life becomes blocked. we try to go down alternative paths, to avoid facing that, and our life turns into a mess. 

the tests are difficult and ruthless, sometimes like the horrible story of the Japanese girl you were talking about other day, and hardly comprehensible

8 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

Is it sheer lack of information, because we are limited and lack omniscence?

Is it because it was intended to be this way pre-birth, to be born in shit circumstances..? 

Lazy thinking, poor parenting?

Karma?

No access to intuition?

Attachment with expectations. If expectations doesn’t happens it goes wrong. If it goes right all is good. However, still depends on environmental conditions. Enlightenment is being free from all conditioning, attachments and expectations as thoughtless moment, Now. 

Striving hard to achieve something "important" to you, or planning your life around the avoidance of pain. Strongly identifying with yourself as an individual.

BUT...
On the relative level, up to a point, you could say exactly the reverse. The spiritual path is uncompromising and not for everyone. 

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

1 hour ago, axiom said:

BUT...
On the relative level, up to a point, you could say exactly the reverse. The spiritual path is uncompromising and not for everyone. 

Yes, we need healthy ego development to thoroughly progress through the higher stages. This is overlooked a lot

4 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

life is presented to us as a test. we are immersed in vital situations that we must solve, as a kind of game. Normally we know what we have to do intuitively, but there are obstacles, serious difficulties, that prevent it. in the end it's all about being braver, more selfless, more true. if we get stuck in these trials, as is often the case, our life becomes blocked. we try to go down alternative paths, to avoid facing that, and our life turns into a mess. 

the tests are difficult and ruthless, sometimes like the horrible story of the Japanese girl you were talking about other day, and hardly comprehensible

How do you know that life is a test? 

1 hour ago, Buba said:

How do you know that life is a test? 

obviously I don't know, but it looks like it. very deliberate

i heard a man say cancer was the best thing that ever happened to him

perhaps it alerted him to the idea that love today is all

5 hours ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Define terribly wrong ?

I mean it's all subjective but I've seen videos of people finishing university and then literally becoming crack junkies and ending up with horrible health and skin conditions whilst sometimes talking like they are possessed. 

Terribly wrong is that which causes [horrendous & unneccessary] suffering, especially when the chances were good to become rather normal.

meditation is the only self love there is assuming you have a good skin care regime in place of course

There are three fundamental illusions on which the egoic mind is "based on". They are the illusion of need, the illusion of failure and the illusion of disunity.

Illusion of need = belief that need exists in god/universe/life

Illusion of failure = it is possible not to fulfill this need, God's will can be thwarted, you can fail life

Illusion of disunity = belief we are separate from each other and life

All other misunderstandings and confusions are based on these three.

When these illusions are not seen as mere illusions but as reality, suffering follows.

I don't claim to know any of this. Just suspecting.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@peanutspathtotruth

7 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Yes, we need healthy ego development to thoroughly progress through the higher stages. This is overlooked a lot

How can one develop Ego?

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

2 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

I mean it's all subjective but I've seen videos of people finishing university and then literally becoming crack junkies and ending up with horrible health and skin conditions whilst sometimes talking like they are possessed. 

Terribly wrong is that which causes [horrendous & unneccessary] suffering, especially when the chances were good to become rather normal.

A truly terrible childhood can be difficult to recover from. 

1 hour ago, Wilhelm44 said:

A truly terrible childhood can be difficult to recover from. 

1 hour ago, Focus said:

A childhood empty of love, where you have only received rejection or indifference, you have been in contact with empty people, it is difficult to overcome. Makes difficult for you to open yourself to love. all true love, all contact with people who really give themselves, is an enormous gift that life has given you. it's good to return it

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Focus said:

@peanutspathtotruth

How can one develop Ego?

Proper upbringing, shadow work to compensate where the upbringing was unhealthy or lacking, community, cognitive development, emotional work, exploration of life, creativity, and even spiritual practices. Ego/non-ego are not as distinct as we make them out to be. It's like harmonizing the illusion so the correction of wrong beliefs can happen gently. It's not like something went wrong and needs correction. Some beliefs had to be inaccurate in the beginning to get us going but can be updated so to speak once the inaccurate belief is not needed and truth can be allowed.

Victim identity. Victim identity is the only thing that can truly make you waste your life.

Just look at how some people with horrible childhoods or who are terminally ill go into absolute acceptance and go into absolute bliss. They were dealt the worst cards, but didn't keep the victim identity

7 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Proper upbringing, shadow work to compensate where the upbringing was unhealthy or lacking, community, cognitive development, emotional work, exploration of life, creativity, and even spiritual practices. Ego/non-ego are not as distinct as we make them out to be. It's like harmonizing the illusion so the correction of wrong beliefs can happen gently. It's not like something went wrong and needs correction. Some beliefs had to be inaccurate in the beginning to get us going but can be updated so to speak once the inaccurate belief is not needed and truth can be allowed.

Can you recommend some shadow work to do?

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

or examples?

Edited by Focus

~waveintheocean