Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Illusory Self

Is it bad to pursue low consciousness Life purpose while doing spirituality

19 posts in this topic

I feel like my ego really craves going to raves, doing bodybuilding, getting really good at dating. producing techno music. but at the same time I question if this is just low consciousness stuff & will not really help me on the spiritual path? will it make the spiritual path harder, just doing very egotistical things like this? 

Is it bad to do such a thing as a LP even if you feel like there could be a passion for it? 

I think I might be biased from watching to much of Leo's videos & LP course to have a 'high consciousness impact on society' or to increase consciousness in some way or to have a meaningful impact.

Will this dense egotistical stuff harm the spiritual path because I might just be building a more dense ego 

Maybe I can just add consciousness into it in some way. I do also crave having a meaningful impact on society at the same time.

What is everyones thoughts on this

Edited by Illusory Self

As long as you are not hurting yourself or others on your journey I'd say go for it! Explore those areas of your life that bring you happiness and satisfaction. :)

Be sure to always be focused on your goals and dreams and put in the necessary time to get these important things done. There are no musts in this life but it's always good to be grounded and having something positive that you are working on for your future. 

Hugs!

There's no such thing as low consciousness or high consciousness life purpose, a life purpose is a life purpose. Once fulfilled, then you can move on to a higher purpose. 

2 hours ago, Illusory Self said:

I feel like my ego really craves going to raves, doing bodybuilding, getting really good at dating. producing techno music.

Then pursue these things, just do it consciously.

How to pursue consciously? Just be aware that you are dreaming these activities up as you are partaking in them .. so you don't get too attached.

"They say the devil's water it ain't so sweet, you don't have to drink right now... but you can dip your feet, every once in a little while"

You have your whole life (probably) to do the high consciousness spiritual stuff. Get all the sex, partying, etc out of your system now while you're young. Otherwise it'll always be there in the background as a regret, an itch you never scratched that's always calling to you.

Set yourself a time limit to do all this hedonistic stuff, X number of years or by X age. Then you can get serious about more "meaningful" things.

Don't go halfway and try to do both, or you'll probably just end up unsatisfied in both areas or it will take twice as long.

Unless your spiritual belief system includes the need to reach a certain level to escape the reincarnation cycle, or to be free of sin at your time of death which could come at any time. Those are the only situations I can think of where there's a harm in delaying.

3 hours ago, Illusory Self said:

I feel like my ego really craves going to raves, doing bodybuilding, getting really good at dating. producing techno music. but at the same time I question if this is just low consciousness stuff & will not really help me on the spiritual path? will it make the spiritual path harder, just doing very egotistical things like this? 

Is it bad to do such a thing as a LP even if you feel like there could be a passion for it? 

I think I might be biased from watching to much of Leo's videos & LP course to have a 'high consciousness impact on society' or to increase consciousness in some way or to have a meaningful impact.

Will this dense egotistical stuff harm the spiritual path because I might just be building a more dense ego 

Maybe I can just add consciousness into it in some way. I do also crave having a meaningful impact on society at the same time.

Being high conscious means knowing who you are, doing what feels authentic, what feels right to YOU. The spiritual path is not about trying to live up to an ideal of what the highest consciousness spiritual path looks like. The path is about coming closer to who you are as an individual. It is about becoming emotionally free to do what you want to do. To explore your passions and desires. I would be careful absorbing too much conceptual spirituality. Making the distinction between you and your ego can be a valuable realization, but the context around that is a lot more important. the distinction between you and your ego does not make your individuality less true or conscious. Be true to yourself, that's the highest lesson. 

This kind of thinking is why people commit suicide in the name of spirituality here on the forum because they aspire to be something bigger than what they are but don't understand they are already all of it no matter the shape or form. Don't be so hard on 'your' ego - or yourself? , just do what you want to do and what feels natural whatever that is. 

6 hours ago, Illusory Self said:

I feel like my ego really craves going to raves, doing bodybuilding, getting really good at dating.

Have you asked yourself why you want these things?

16 hours ago, universe said:

Have you asked yourself why you want these things?

@universe

Yeah, I want to get nice muscle mass & become good at dancing at raves because I view that as an artform & beauty. Especially the edm/techno music. With dating, I want to eventually find a a compatible partner that I can go really intimate with & do spiritual practices together, have amazing sex ect. The dating is a stepping stone for that. 

Just do that material stuff while you're young and you can

Figuratively, you want to be the rich person who understands that money can't make them happy rather than the poor person coping with the fact they don't have money by saying money can't make you happy

Replace money with most material pursuits you desire and this still works

Burn through that karma 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

True enlightenment is not related to giving up your passions, killing your ego, settling and living in a cave forever. No karma is involved either. Spiritual process is more likely to be neutral in my current opinion. The only logical reason to meditate is to want to get rid of your impulses, hard-to-control cravings, biases so you decide when to do music, body building, date women rather than doing your favorite activities only when you feel like it.

Edited by HypnoticMagician

On 1/12/2022 at 5:55 PM, Illusory Self said:

I think all of these aspects can be transformed into their "more conscious" parts. As you get more conscious, bodybuilding activities start becoming more conscious as well. Some activities will naturally fall apart. I say go for it ;)

I have a passion for writing extremely brutal action novels, and even regular novels. But I always failed to see how a Novel makes a difference in the world, even though I love novels... I simply cannot see how writing novels/books can be as impactful on society as for example making electric cars like Tesla, and that's the type of big impact I always wanted to make. So I let it go, just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I think that your Life purpose orbits around your real world experience, ur beliefs and interests, so anything you believe/have an interest in can potentially become your life purpose, example:

Hitler, Its very clear that Hitler had a toxic life purpose, his life purpose was formed because he believed something untrue about Jews/religions/blacks/minorities. If he believed that Christianity is true and had an interest in it, there would be a good chance that Hitler would become a pastor/pope instead of a mass murderer.

so I think you should just expose yourself to more real world experiences. so a better life purpose can be formed, maybe you find something that you're more interested in than bodybuilding. 

"it resonates with you emotionally and intellectually"

Edited by MarkKol

If you knew how important  day to day activities was, you'd never say it again.

developing yourself in physical reality is a supplement for your spiritual development too.

so sex, dating, talking to women or making money are as necessary as your meditation practice.

so don't forget to be mindful when you're penetrating! 

Edited by hamedsf

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

On 12.1.2022 at 5:55 PM, Illusory Self said:

i wouldn’t say spirituality is counterproductive to a lifestyle as a dj but it’s a different form of spirituality - why does it have to be unspiritual to make a crowd dance in extasis (if you meet the right crowd…) why do you even ask this? you also know that dj‘s usually don’t have loads and loads of muscles but are if they have muscles well defined, do you? or is it about the drugs and the impact on environment? if you keep it a bit more minimal you don’t need an own atomic plant for the light show. or maybe in general temptations?

if you do this, hope you become a really spiritual dj which means equivalent to amazing and inspiring artist.

Edited by mememe

On 1/12/2022 at 11:55 AM, Illusory Self said:

I feel like my ego really craves

Brother, take a long break from the concepts of higher & lower consciousness, ego, craving & life purpose. The clarity will naturally arise. You’ll feel like yourself again. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 1/12/2022 at 8:55 AM, Illusory Self said:

@Illusory Self There are a lot of distorted belief's about high and low consciousness activities. You don't think God enjoys raves, bodybuilding and techno music? God loves all of it. Where do you think your desires come from? If anything exists. God wants it to exist. 

Absolutely not. 

You don't think you could elevate consciousness through producing music? Music can be a powerful tool to elevate consciousness.  

I feel you may have adopted some false negative belief's about your desires and interests. This is very common. 

Absolutely. What matters most is not the activity, but the state of consciousness you bring to it.