john1

Best investments for young people to make?

12 posts in this topic

What would you say the best investments are for someone who's in high school/college to make in their life? What skills would serve them best and compound over time? What should all their time be spent on?

Financial literacy and good habits

spirituality 

business education

life long learning 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

spirituality 

What do you mean by this exactly? Meditation, yoga? I thought spirituality came later.

Networking and maintaining quality contacts/relationships compounds as years go by. I definitely should've done that more :)

1 hour ago, john1 said:

What do you mean by this exactly? Meditation, yoga? I thought spirituality came later.

There is a lot of spirituality… don’t need to go balls deep but it’s important to start building a basic foundation early on. Meditation is important even for young achievers. So are some spiritual texts etc

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

There is a lot of spirituality… don’t need to go balls deep but it’s important to start building a basic foundation early on. Meditation is important even for young achievers. So are some spiritual texts etc

I wouldn't equate spirituality and meditation. There is a difference in my opinion.

Mindfulness meditation has been really helpful in my life. But it's sort of a mind technology and not a belief.

Not to take away from spirituality, but it's very personal and don't think it's not very  recommendable. It's only for those who seek it in my opinion. If you don't seek it, don't bother with it.

Invest in your ability to think and act independently of social pressure. Read. Travel. Meditate. Spend time in nature. Use psychedelics rarely and treat them as something sacred. Turn off mass media and popular culture. Decondition your mind. Learn to value your own thoughts, experiences and creations over any social construct.

Diet & Exercise 

Socializing 

Studies 

Books 

1 hour ago, CuriousCreature said:

I wouldn't equate spirituality and meditation. There is a difference in my opinion.

Mindfulness meditation has been really helpful in my life. But it's sort of a mind technology and not a belief.

Not to take away from spirituality, but it's very personal and don't think it's not very  recommendable. It's only for those who seek it in my opinion. If you don't seek it, don't bother with it.

I wouldn’t equate them but I do consider meditation and mindfulness branches within spirituality 

there isn’t a monolithic definition of spirituality I don’t think

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Finding your Life Purpose.

Honestly, after you have done this everything else falls into place... You are now playing life on "easy".

Having a Life Purpose to me is the Ultimate Shiny Object you can attain.

Once you start to align yourself with your potential you will have it easier to start to fall in love with reality.

Then you are on your path for Love and grounding yourself in reality.

❤️

17 hours ago, CuriousCreature said:

Networking and maintaining quality contacts/relationships compounds as years go by. I definitely should've done that more :)

Second this.

Connects offer exclusive career opportunities, social life upgrades, around-the-world 'home bases', comradery, accountability, intro to even more great connections. This list goes on.

Don't smoke weed (regularly)

Network

Social Skills

Financial literacy and mastery, savings

Get your university/ college education/ work experience

Maintain a clean home

read daily

meditate at least 10-20 minutes a day

◭"89"