Terell Kirby

Zen Devils

48 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Khan 0 Zen Devils…. Enlightened people/ seekers have abused others… or misapplied teachings… especially when we are just beginning..

your making it out like zen devilry is impossible. 

when you realize how many mistakes you make you proceed with more humility and caution… 

Spirituality isn’t just Non-Dual awakening to absolute truth and collapsing of all dualities into loving nothingness… 

it includes human life….

Q Shaman…

Zen delivery includes and behave from egoistic perspective. This situation demonstrates that ego hasnt transcended yet. However, one realize what ego and what the truth are it will be almost impossible to behave or act from ego. Because ego is too small, scared and based on conditions for enlightened one. Being the moment is incomprehensible. 

1 hour ago, Khan 0 said:

Sorry. Ego is dysfunctional now.

Ego is just survival program without any independent intelligence. What do you mean by dysfunctional ?

47 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

Zen delivery includes and behave from egoistic perspective. This situation demonstrates that ego hasnt transcended yet. However, one realize what ego and what the truth are it will be almost impossible to behave or act from ego. Because ego is too small, scared and based on conditions for enlightened one. Being the moment is incomprehensible. 

Not sure if we are arguing or agreeing so I will stop replying lol ;)

Most Zen devils probably are not enlightened but can parrot and pretend to be.

Also, this whole thing can be a bit merky...

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

11 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Not sure if we are arguing or agreeing so I will stop replying lol ;)

Also, this whole thing can be a bit merky...

We are just having a nice conversation. 

12 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I definitely agree with this. 

29 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

What do you mean by dysfunctional ?

That mean is ego is still there, however it does not have any control, therefore survival isn’t necessary. 

16 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

We are just having a nice conversation. 

I definitely agree with this. 

That mean is ego is still there, however it does not have any control, therefore survival isn’t necessary. 

Yes, the more the unreality of the ego is seen through, the more we live from a different place all together.

Zen Devils occur when they do, and they don't when they don't. Just like a whirlpool in a river, Zen Devils are not the cause of themselves.  There isn't even really such a thing as a 'Zen Devil'.. 

Ego doesn't do anything.. it's imaginary and arbitrary.  It too arises when it arises, and ceases when it ceases.  Ego is not the cause of itself. Ego can not get rid of itself, but it can exist in such a way as to destroy itself.  Ego IS something (thoughts).. it doesn't DO anything. 

There is only ever what is occurring, and there's nobody who's 'doing' any of it. 

Ego is a whirlpool thinking that it's the one swirling the water, without realizing that the whole river is just occurring how it is, and no part of the river is 'doing anything' beyond being how [the whole river] is being.  (the whirlpool can't stop itself from swirling because it's not 'doing' it.)

There is no whirlpool separate from 'that which is not the whirlpool'.  You can't take a whirlpool out of a river and show it to me.  You can't show me your ego..  There isn't one. 

What is often mistaken to be the thinker of thoughts is just more thought.  What is often mistaken to be 'the doer' of what is occurring, is just more what is occurring. 

Nothing to do, no one to do it. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

42 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Yes, the more the unreality of the ego is seen through, the more we live from a different place all together.

Definitely.

On 2022-01-13 at 2:17 PM, Thought Art said:

Realize you are likely born and raised into a devil... then when you start the spiritual path you become a zen devil.. and a major part of the work is undeviling yourself.

First part of the work is realizing and admitting you are a devil. Then you just see more and more of how you are a devil and learn to love and transcend these aspects of yourself.

I love Rumi, got his essential poems book here. At the same time. God is right here. Do you hear sounds?

Do you know what 'Grok' Means?

This is heavenly written 

“ First part of the work is realizing and admitting you are a devil. Then you just see more and more of how you are a devil and learn to love and transcend these aspects of yourself.“

I’m keeping this one

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean